Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (howardR, 7th_zorro), 893 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: Nems] #142369
07/27/07 10:27
07/27/07 10:27
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Quote:

One of thoses stories was that the Crucifiction was a hoax and that the Lord Jesus Christ travelled to Asia with his family at that time (Wife and kids too no doubt) where a picture was painted of him and where he reportedly died.

Yes, he came to Japan: http://www.zetetique.ldh.org/herai_en.html

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: exile] #142370
07/27/07 14:45
07/27/07 14:45
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
@exile
Good points, there are similar things going on around where I live also

As for this thing about Jesus walking around to Asia and places, I have heard a few different versions of it, some say that he was walking around Asia before he started his ministry, and thats where He got all of his "peace" teachings. Some claim that the crucifixtion was a hoax and he got married and went to Asia afterwards. Some say he was a homosexual, some say that he had relations with Mary Magdalene.

There are far too many different ideas about Jesus, and the things that He did, but so far I havent seen any of these ideas line up with the record given in the first four gospels of the New Testament.

Of course, proponents of such stories do not attempt to line up with the gospels in any way, they are just presenting new ideas I suppose. However I believe the gospels because they are the longest lasting record of His life and deeds, there are no manuscripts which can trace their origins before the gospels in regards to His life, and most of this crap is just the ramblings of revisionist historians with a chip on their shoulder agsinst Christianity.

I dont think anyone places any stock at all in these stories because:

1)True Christians will just discard them as soon as they are presented
2)Non-Christians will always want to believe something contrary to the gospels because...well...they are non_Christians.

So what difference does it make really? Nobody cares. You can make up any story you want about Christ, it doesnt change what the true believers think anyway, otherwise...they wouldnt be...well...true believers.

Once again though, this dichotomy was predicted by the writings of Jesus Himself, who said:

Quote:

Luk 11:23 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Notice that there isnt any provision made for a third group, perhaps a neutral or a grey area group, He only classified everyone as either with Him or against Him, there is no in between. In regards to Jesus and true-Christianity you are either on the boat, or you missed the boat, either one.

You can make up a thousand stories about Christ, but unless they line up with what He actually taught, you are basically "against Christ" in His own words.

Quote:

Yes, he came to Japan: http://www.zetetique.ldh.org/herai_en.html

It is also fascinating to believe the daVinci code or this Japanese story about Christ traveling and having children and therefore some people like to think they are His decendants, or to find His real grave somewhere or a peice of His cross. But anyone who knows Jesus at all would know that there will never be definitive physical traces of Him found anywhere, it was against His philosophy to given physical signs to people, that also why the ark of the covenant or the holy grail will never be found, it is also the reason why elaborate ornate churches and temples are not impressive to the true-Christian faith. Jesus Himself hated "signs" and "evidences" and repeatedly urged His followers to believe without seeing. The attempts of media to give Him a wife or children are just attempts to humanize Him.

Last edited by NITRO777; 07/27/07 15:31.
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: NITRO777] #142371
07/27/07 19:12
07/27/07 19:12
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

I believe the gospels because they are the longest lasting record of His life and deeds

There are no evident contradictions in the four Gospels, that's true.
However I wonder why no latin writers have ever mentioned Jesus Christ even though Phalestine was a roman domain at the time
Apart from your faith how can you explain this fact ?

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: AlbertoT] #142372
07/27/07 19:31
07/27/07 19:31
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Well I think the Romans thought he was more of a small nuisance and certainly never expected Him to be the founder of the largest religion ever known. The Romans crucified many criminals and probably didnt think much of one more crucifixtion. That would be my opinion, I really dont know. I am not very aware of early AD latin writers, I assume that they did also not write about many events which we would consider important. Josephus the historian wrote about Jesus, I dont know if he was latin.

Quote:

Apart from your faith how can you explain this fact ?

But I accept the testimony of the gospels as eyewitnesses of His life and ministry. There are four different detailed accounts of His life, and I believe them.

The early Christians had no reason to lie, especially since they were executed for their beliefs. nobody allows themselves to be executed for a story they make up. The writers of the gospels also had no political advantage to create by making up lies about the existance of Jesus. Matthew, Mark, and Luke were not as important as some other early church leaders.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: NITRO777] #142373
07/27/07 19:48
07/27/07 19:48
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

The Romans crucified many criminals and probably didnt think much of one more crucifixtion.

Well ok, but I dont think they were used to people turning water into wine , walking on the water or multiplying fishes and breads
The roman authorities should have been aware of the existence of a supposed Messiah for the jews
No historical document at all ?

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: AlbertoT] #142374
07/27/07 20:22
07/27/07 20:22
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

The roman authorities should have been aware of the existence of a supposed Messiah for the jews

Oh yes your right, Pilate and Herod were made aware of Jesus and the fact that some called Him the king of the Jews.

Pilate (the Roman official who reluctantly ordered the execution) was certainly not aware of Jesus untill the Jews delivered Him. Pilate was not the least concerned with the "King of the Jews", as a matter of fact he thought it was a big joke, it was Pilate who ordered that the sign "King of the Jews" was placed above His head during His crucifixtion.

That is why Jesus was given a purple robe and a crown of thorns, like a royal robe and royal crown, because Pilate thought it was a big joke. They never thought Jesus was a threat to Roman military might. The Jews would have been squashed very quickly had there been an actual uprising.

Any important Roman official thought nothing Jesus of Nazareth, and that He was only a joke, they certainly did not take Him seriously or see Him as a threat. You should also remember that Jesus was born in a stable and was a carpenter's son, nobody thought He would amount to anything. He made friends with prostitutes, fishermen, tax collectors, lepers, and poor people. Why would anyone care about such a man? His followers were some of the most depraved in all of society. The Bible says that he was not even a particularly good looking guy, who really didnt think much of traditional Jewish religion. He had nothing to measure him high on society's scales.

Quote:

but I dont think they were used to people turning water into wine , walking on the water or multiplying fishes and breads

Herod, another Roman official, had heard about the miracles, and when he had Jesus in custody mocked Him and demanded that He do "a miracle". Jesus of course said nothing to him, and was not going to use the power of God to entertain Herod so Herod laughed at him and kicked him out.

There are miracles occuring today yet they are ignored and laughed at by the masses, historians, and leaders, why would you think that miracles in the time of Christ would be treated any different?

So you see the Roman officials in that small part of the Roman Empire had heard of Jesus, but he was just a joke to them, with a relatively small following. The Romans only cared about stability, and making sure their empire was stable. If the Jews presented no problems, then they were ignored mainly and allowed to do what they wanted.

You also must remember that the Roman Empire was huge, therefore what was happening in Palestine was of no major consequence. Historians of the time were more concerned with wars and Ceasar..much like they are today...

Last edited by NITRO777; 07/27/07 20:38.
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: NITRO777] #142375
07/27/07 20:46
07/27/07 20:46
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

No historical document at all ?

Click on the link below to read about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus

Quote:

Josephus offers information about individuals, groups, customs and geographical places. His writings provide a significant, extra-biblical account of the post-exilic period of the Maccabees, the Hasmonean dynasty and the rise of Herod the Great. He makes references to the Sadducees, Jewish High Priests of the time, Pharisees and Essenes, the Herodian Temple, Quirinius' census and the Zealots, and to such figures as Pontius Pilate, Herod the Great, Agrippa I and Agrippa II, John the Baptist, James the brother of Jesus, and a disputed reference to Jesus. He is an important source for studies of immediate post-Temple Judaism (and, thus, the context of early Christianity).

It's all there. Josephus is not even a christian, but writes about actual history...

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: NITRO777] #142376
07/27/07 23:09
07/27/07 23:09
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

The Bible says that he was not even a particularly good looking ...

A small detail just a matter of curiosity
Can you quote the Bible about this claim ?

I remember that a Cardinal scolded an artist who rappresented Jesus as a non particulary good looking person
"I dont like it, Jesus was an handsome man " The Cardinal said

Maybe you are right Catholics even at high level do not read the Bible

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: AlbertoT] #142377
07/28/07 04:15
07/28/07 04:15
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Sure, it was one of the prophecies, Isaiah writes this hundreds of years before Christ appears, and yet accurately predicts the beating Christ would get under the Roman lash. "By His stripes we were healed"

Quote:

For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: NITRO777] #142378
07/28/07 06:58
07/28/07 06:58
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
I have found something fascinating. I see all of these documentaries on TV about how the bible is a lie and how Jesus was a fake. Here is the question, Why haven't i seen such documentaries on other religions? I have never heard of "Contradictories of the Koran" or "Was Buddha a lie?". NEVER. But here are all of these people who always want to bag on Christianity and Jesus. But as soon as someone says something bad about their religion, all hell breaks loose.

I think i know the answer. It is because no matter how much of a non believer you are, there is still that fear (no matter how small) that keeps nagging at you every time Christianity comes into play. It annoys people when Christians pray but it doesn't annoy people when a Muslim prays? C'mon people! You can deny it all you want, flame me all you want, even send death PM's to me if you want. But don't deny that there isn't that little voice in your head that says "But what if....?" I even will admit that I have that voice. So what if people say "Religion isn't logical". What in this world is logical? Hell, is life logical? Hell to the no! But you don't see the world getting up in arms because of it.

Besides, my grandpa always said "It's logic that is going to kill us all". And it is true! In 1998, he died because he was given a heart bypass when he REALLY needed a blood transfusion. I know I am going to sound like an after school special saying this, but I think we should believe not what our eyes show us but what our heart tells us. Whew! My rant is over.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite