by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,103 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: torque now on wii [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #141440
07/20/07 17:11
07/20/07 17:11
G
Gamesaint762 Offline
Gamesaint762  Offline
G

This backs up what JetPack Monkey said before to an extent. Seems this game company Pronto games hooked up and got a Wii license, Even though they have several titles I really wasnt all that impressed with the type of games they have made in the past. This new Zorro game they are making must be a real step up. Heres the article from GG site.

Torque Game Engine Licensing for Wii Now Available from GarageGames
Eugene, OR, July 16, 2007 -- GarageGames, the leading technology provider for independent game makers, and Pronto Games, professional PC and console game developer, are pleased to announce the availability of Torque licensing for the Wii console. First shown at the Nintendo Developer Conference in June, Torque for Wii is based on the popular Torque Game Engine, with built-in support for the unique Wii controller, making it a complete package for both disc-based and downloadable Wii games.

"I think every game designer has a few ideas about how they could use the Wii console's extraordinary features to make fun games," commented Josh Williams, GarageGames CEO. "Torque for Wii makes it easier to focus on creating high-quality experiences for the Wii, rather than implementing the technologies and tools it takes to just get started."

Nintendo recently announced the availability of the WiiWare service, which will allow developers of all types to create downloadable games for sale through the Wii Shop Channel. According to GarageGames, heavily discounted license pricing is available for games targeting the WiiWare downloadable service, versus those aiming for shelf space at the local game store.

In addition to Wii Remote support, Torque for Wii supports skinned mesh rendering, advanced character and shape animation, terrains with seamless indoor/outdoor transitions, environmental effects, industry-leading networked multiplayer game support, collision detection and physics, a bevy of rendering effects, compressed textures, and more, all optimized for Wii. Additional features include a powerful WYSIWYG tool chain for designers, scripting language support, a comprehensive Lot Check compliance component, and Wii graphics and audio abstraction layers. These modifications to the Torque Game Engine combined with the existing Torque toolset and pipeline make Torque for Wii a complete game development solution for the Wii console. Pronto Games, who developed the Wii port, is also using the technology for their upcoming Wii exclusive game, The Destiny of Zorro.

"We chose to develop The Destiny of Zorro with the Torque Game Engine because of its proven reliability and our developers' familiarity with it," said Randy Angle, President and Creative Director of Pronto Games. "Partnering with GarageGames to make the Torque Game Engine available to other Wii developers seemed like the obvious next step, and we look forward to seeing the creation of even more quality Wii titles as a result."

For more information regarding the Torque for Wii license, please contact GarageGames at sales@garagegames.com or 541-345-3040.

About Pronto Games
Pronto Games brings depth of experience to all facets of game production: inventive game design, solid project management, quality artwork, and innovative technology. By combining professional expertise with a passion for fun, Pronto Games creates great entertainment for casual and core players on handhelds, mobile, toys, and disc or downloadable content for the PC, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Pronto Games can be found on the web at www.prontogames.com.

Maybe one day I can play my own game on the Wii... Very cool. GS out.

Re: torque now on wii [Re: Machinery_Frank] #141441
07/21/07 03:53
07/21/07 03:53
Littleton, CO. USA
D
dleuen Offline
dleuen  Offline
D

Littleton, CO. USA
Quote:

I wonder how GarageGames could achieve that. Do they have more money, better games, open architecture? Or all of them?

But at the moment Conitec has more important tasks to do (e.g. creating a final release of A7).

GarageGames does it by basically screwing their customers who have already paid for a product. So while they have been off making Torque for Wii, etc. TGEA has received no bug fixes nor enhancements for the last 5 months and much of it is unusable.

I prefer Conitec business model.

Re: torque now on wii [Re: dleuen] #141442
07/21/07 08:15
07/21/07 08:15
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:

not faster than xbox360

just to be clear: i didn't mean 360

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: torque now on wii [Re: JibbSmart] #141443
07/23/07 18:37
07/23/07 18:37
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
lol and youre all wrong...

how garage games managed to get onto the wii bandwagon:

nintendo released info on WiiWare...

All you have to do is sign onto wii ware, and you can program for wii. thats what garage games did. they signed on as middleware provider.

basically, with WiiWare everyone can be a Wii game creator. all you have to do is create a game that meets the requirements, and thats it.

the only thing i havent found out: WHERE TO SIGN????

Re: torque now on wii [Re: sPlKe] #141444
07/24/07 03:33
07/24/07 03:33
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

All you have to do is sign onto wii ware, and you can program for wii.

Here you go: WiiWare@noa.nintendo.com <WiiWare@noa.nintendo.com>
Let us know how it turns out.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: torque now on wii [Re: Doug] #141445
07/24/07 11:03
07/24/07 11:03
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/06/27/wiiware_hitting_vc_next_year/1

A good article on Wiiware ^^

The big catch is that Nintendo must approve of your game to give it their official Seal of Quality. They will test and debug your software, approve it or deny it on quality and stability, and (speculating on this point) probably also to assure that it will not pose a threat to sales of any of their existing titles. I have a feeling their criteria for approval/disapproval is very high and only indie titles with a very good production quality would be approved.

Re: torque now on wii [Re: Doug] #141446
07/24/07 11:37
07/24/07 11:37
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
Quote:

Quote:

All you have to do is sign onto wii ware, and you can program for wii.

Here you go: WiiWare@noa.nintendo.com <WiiWare@noa.nintendo.com>
Let us know how it turns out.

thanx, ill keep you updated^^

whered you got that mail adress from? i havent found it?
maybe im blind?

Re: torque now on wii [Re: sPlKe] #141447
07/26/07 05:32
07/26/07 05:32
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

whered you got that mail adress from? i havent found it?
maybe im blind?

From the developer site.
When you send them an email, you should get something like this back:

Quote:

Thank you for your interest in becoming an authorized Nintendo licensee for publishing and development of Nintendo video game system software.

Please send a corporate portfolio consisting of the following information:

1. A detailed description of your company, including a summary of your software publishing experience, financial resources and stability (in the form of an annual report or balance sheet for the last three years) and your industry leadership. This information should be in the form of a corporate prospectus, business plan or summary statement;
2. A detailed introduction to your key personnel and developers setting forth any technical, managerial or sales experience that may be relevant;
3. A marketing plan for your proposed products, including targeted distribution channels, advertising commitments, consumer service resources, merchandising, etc.;
4. Any market study information on consumer demand for your proposed product which you may be relying on;
5. A written description of your proposed software product;
6. A complete summary and at least three samples of software you have previously published and upon which you rely for establishing your technical know-how.

Nintendo will then undertake to make a determination if your qualifications would support your selection as an authorized licensee. Because Nintendo licensees are provided with highly proprietary information and because our licensees must be able to successfully market and support high quality product to a broad base of Nintendo product users throughout the United States, Canada and South America, Nintendo exercises a high level of care in its appointment of its licensees. If we elect to proceed, we will prepare a formal license agreement which will be forwarded to you for your review. After the mutual execution of an Agreement, Nintendo will provide you with software development specifications, and support.

Again, thank you for your interest - if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sandy Hatcher

Software Licensing Manager

If you get something else, please let us know.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: torque now on wii [Re: Doug] #141448
07/26/07 06:03
07/26/07 06:03
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Judging by that, it looks like this isn't geared for start-up companies. Even advanced start-ups. You need 3 games already published, and a degree of stability. Perhaps they would accept your project if it was already finished and released, that way the risk is reduced. But then again, look at all the 360 games you hear about, most are from existing large publishers. Looks like going through a publisher would be the only way to get on the Wii for a start-up.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: torque now on wii [Re: William] #141449
07/26/07 07:45
07/26/07 07:45
South Africa
capanno Offline
Serious User
capanno  Offline
Serious User

South Africa
I wonder how far you can bend the above rules. If you can supply them with a good game plan and a tech demo, which they like, I dont think they will mind that you only have 1 or 2 games released.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de