Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 05:41
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AbrahamR, AndrewAMD), 1,278 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This is scary. Please help! #8671
04/10/02 14:59
04/10/02 14:59

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I have four completed levels. All worked fine yesterday. today one of them loads with the entire fort missing.

The environment is there--terrain and sky. All the entities are there. But all the architecture is invisible--gone.

It's all still visible in WED but does not compile, apparently.

That grinding sound ???? That's me gnashing my teeth, soon to be followed by head banging.

I hadn't changed anything in that level. I commented out the changes I made in other levels since before the problem. I restarted all the software and the computer, and I can't find a solution.

I hope someone has an idea that will help. [Frown] [Frown]

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8672
04/10/02 16:29
04/10/02 16:29
usa
digital_trucker Offline
digital_trucker  Offline

usa
This probably isn't the reason, but it's usually a wise idea to check for viruses when things like this happen.

You never know...

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8673
04/10/02 22:12
04/10/02 22:12
Arlington Heights, IL USA
cbw Offline
cbw  Offline

If part of the geometry is missing I'd say to recompile the level. But since you did I have no idea, unless it's a map entity. Then you should problably recompile the map that it comes from. I remember having a problem like this, I'll try to remember what happened and how I fixed it. I'll get back to you.

Greg Szemiot, Lead Designer, Orb Crossbeam Studios Entertainment
Re: This is scary. Please help! #8674
04/11/02 01:38
04/11/02 01:38

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

No viruses found. But the panic is over. When I woke up this morning I remembered I had backed up this level on a CD in 90% of the current version.
Whew!...that was a close one.

It would be nice to have an explanation of this phenomenon.

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8675
04/11/02 02:45
04/11/02 02:45

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

CBW, your suggestion worked. I recompiled the prefab and that solved the problem.

But that doesn't explain what created the problem in the first place--a possible bug?

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8676
04/11/02 02:47
04/11/02 02:47

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Just a wild guess, but could it be possible that your "view depth" got set wrong? (View Depth determines how far you can see in a level.)
Each of the four windows has it's own view depth setting. (When you restored from the CD, I believe you would have also restored your old view depth setting...)

Click on a window to activate it. Then press the plus key. Down at the bottom, it should tell you (in quants) how far you can see. Keep pressing the plus key - those numbers will get bigger, and you may start to see things re-appearing. Do that for each of the four windows. The plus key expands how far you can see; the minus key contracts the view.

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8677
04/11/02 04:40
04/11/02 04:40
cbw Offline
cbw  Offline

[Eek!] Whoa! I was right? Alright [Cool]

Did you in any way move the prefab from it origin, change the textures, or in anyway modify it? That would explain it I think.

Greg Szemiot, Lead Designer, Orb Crossbeam Studios Entertainment
Re: This is scary. Please help! #8678
04/11/02 11:52
04/11/02 11:52

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I'm having a similar problem, but parts of the prefab are missing. It's really odd. I can create a totally new level and put the prefab in it and it works fine.
This is an image of a smithy building I created. Below the problem pic is what it actually looks like:

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8679
04/11/02 12:17
04/11/02 12:17

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

To CBW:
quote:
Did you in any way move the prefab from it origin, change the textures, or in anyway modify it? That would explain it I think.

No, I hadn't even looked at it since it was saved except to load it into this level about two months ago.

To Groone:
quote:
I'm having a similar problem, but parts of the prefab are missing.
Did you try recompiling the prefab? It worked for me. I didn't have to use my backup.

to Willy:

quote:
Just a wild guess, but could it be possible that your "view depth" got set wrong?
No, that was not the case. My player was right in the middle of the fort that disappeared after compiling the level. Before compiling it, it was all visible in the WED windows. But thanks for the info on "view depth". I didn't know that stuff.

Re: This is scary. Please help! #8680
04/29/02 11:45
04/29/02 11:45
ny
jumpman Offline
Serious User
jumpman  Offline
Serious User

ny
did you make the parts that disappeared, out of MDL? When i want to make walls so that the engine can be less strained, i make the walls out of mdl. Mdl has a bounding box just like a WED block. So one time i make a room will 5 mdl walls and one WED block. I saved it as a prefab then loaded it into another level. The mdl walls didnt show up.

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de