Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, degenerate_762), 1,309 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Ran Man] #127366
05/24/07 01:41
05/24/07 01:41
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

HE IS THE ALMIGHTY PEOPLE! AND WE MUST FOLLOW HIM!
WOO, HA, HA!

Btw, sorry Kinji and Nitro...
take over brothers. lol

Sorry for not posting much lately. It seems almost pointless. We have a point to prove and so do they obviously. Ours is based on faith and certain facts. Theirs is based on a lack of faith and assumuptions. What can you possibly say to convince anyone here to believe in God? They have all the resources that you do. They have the Word.

I can imagine how it was when Paul walked the earth. He and others preached and taught a NEW lesson.. a new life. Even Jesus did not tolerate those who rejected Him for long. What was Jesus' message to the scribes as well as others who continued to reject the Truth? The majority of the people here will never come to the Truth. Why should I continue to try if they will not hear it? I have only one thing to say to them, "Read the Word.". They will be in fear on the day of judgment if they fail to take the Word as Truth. My concern now is Christians who think that salvation is free and without demands. We are commanded to live a holy life.. sin free. A life of giving, a life of love. We have commandments to follow even as the NT states. I just dont see many that follow the Word as a whole and it troubles me. I judge me and I find myself far below the standards that Jesus set. I see others and compare their lives to the Word and I feel a sense of regret for them also. I say we should fix the problem within this thing called Christianity and then focus on others. God bless you.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 05/24/07 01:43.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127367
05/24/07 02:56
05/24/07 02:56
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

We have a point to prove and so do they obviously. Ours is based on faith and certain facts.

Lol, "and certain facts", like what facts?

It's funny that you say we are basing things on assumptions,

Quote:

Why? If God made the earth, then why can He not do certain things? There are no limits buddy.

Don't get carried away and mix up your limitless imagination with our limited reality, because that's where it goes wrong sometimes. I do believe anything is possible to some extent, but not to thát extent. There are simply physical laws and other logical problems that make certain aspects of (most) religion(s) ridiculous. (Parting seas, creating the earth in a few days, Jesus with supernatural powers and and and... I can bend a spoon with my mind by the way, but there's a trick involved. Do you have any idea how long it took before Uri Geller got exposed doing the same trick over and over claiming to be a psychic??? That news spread around the globe too.)

Anyways, the quote above is a perfect example of assumptions you people make and the whole bunch of other assumptions you hang onto those kind of believes. After all the definition of God is not a given, instead it's 100% artificial and also 100% impossible to determine from where we are standing now.

Points to prove? Well, yes and no, because I don't really want to force anyone to be convinced, solely out of respect that is.

Quote:

We are commanded to live a holy life.. sin free.

Technically you're not even that far off here, except it's not divine.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite