Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, degenerate_762), 1,309 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127316
05/12/07 17:19
05/12/07 17:19
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Yet sex is sex, if I see a girl that is very hot looking, I really dont need to have sex with her to know if the sex will be good, sex is definitely good with whatever girl your attracted to. Sex is universal not individual, sex will physically feel good with whatever girl you do it with.

I tend to disagree to some extent, for some relationships sex is a real killer actually. There has to be sóme good sex and looks isn't everything when it comes to sex (not quite saying you said it is though).

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: PHeMoX] #127317
05/12/07 17:30
05/12/07 17:30
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

I must say in this case I tend to agree with Nitro

" Your assuming that sex would help you determine if you loved someone, yet sex does in no way determine if someone is "loveable". "

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: AlbertoT] #127318
05/12/07 17:37
05/12/07 17:37
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Well, to some extent it does actually, to some extent it definitely doesn't.

Married people who see other people do so because of their sexual needs, not because they do not really love someone. Sure, if you really love someone you'd expect the person to live with it and accept the fact that their sexual relationship is bad or perhaps even none-existent for whatever reason, but it doesn't work that way. Perhaps it's just our animal side, but it definitely matters,

Cheers

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: PHeMoX] #127319
05/12/07 18:00
05/12/07 18:00
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

I dont mean sex is not important for a relationship but I suppose that Nitro meant :

Males wish to make love with any nice looking females even though they dont love them

If so, I agree at least it is my case

It seems that female's psycology is different

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: AlbertoT] #127320
05/12/07 19:50
05/12/07 19:50
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Males wish to make love with any nice looking females even though they dont love them

I might be missing a point here either way, sorry.

Pretty girls don't automatically mean great sex, so when it's purely for sex, it must be based on our animalistic bias towards 'beautiful'. Can this bias make us feel as if 'in love'? I don't think so. It can however cloud a men's judgment and let you do stupid things, but that's a totally different story.

From a more rational perspective amazingly hot girls are cool to date with, but you usually don't date them alone. Besides, jealousy's a bitch too, whether on the right side or wrong side doesn't matter.

All that aside though, I personally think we are made to believe that we select girls based upon their pretty faces, but in reality even men look at more than that. Sure, I think we can agree that most "wouldn't mind" to share a bed with a pretty woman, however there's more to it when it comes to real relationships and love.

It's complex, especially if you want it to last long, you can't buy her new shoes every week, so there needs to be a real connection,

Cheers

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: PHeMoX] #127321
05/12/07 20:35
05/12/07 20:35
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
It is very complex when you get into different psychologies, especially female psychology, but basically I would ask every man to look inward to the realsitic effects of his actions when he is having a sexual relationship with a woman. What you can go to sleep with a pure conscience might be much different than me. However, you have already heard my opinion of sex before marriage, and I believe that it also is the general opinion of born again, fundamentalist Christians. As I said, I would not hate a person for doing it, because I did it myself, but I honestly believe it is destructive, and it ruins a lot of people's lives.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127322
05/14/07 02:13
05/14/07 02:13
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Quoting NITRO777...closet sadist?
Quote:

Yet sex is sex, if I see a girl that is very hot looking, I really don't need to have sex with her to know if the sex will be good, sex is definitely good with whatever girl your attracted to.

At a glance, for many, this is a 'safe' generalization, and yes, it is probably necessary to accept the risk of being labeled 'devil's advocate' when attempting to offer a conflicting specification.
Personal definitions of 'sex' may vary. Certain types prefer, and expect to inflict and / or receive 'significant' amounts of pain during 'sex'. Depending on your definition of 'sex', some can easily state, that such variations are not variations of 'sex', ...that such acts should be defined as something else entirely. Also many may state that it is easily obvious after a short period time that certain individuals define 'sex' 'differently'.

Quoting PHeMox...has experience 'dancing' with 'Christians'?
Quote:

I don't know, but I normally get to know my girlfriends first,

Maybe commonsense can claim this one.

Quote:

By the way, you've got to admit you more or less get 'exposed' when having sex,

Under certain circumstances, sex can appear to inflict future misery and even seemingly, significantly shorten your life. (<<No kidding.) Also, often clothing might be removed. (<<No goats.) So yes, I agree.

Quote:

so you do 'lose' something I think.

I agree. Amounts of matter may be moved from one place to another.

Quote:

Married people who see other people do so because of their sexual needs, not because they do not really love someone.

People break 'commitments' for varying reasons. Some break 'commitments' because a different more desirable feeling might be found elsewhere or because they are generally somewhat unhappy where they are. I think some just like the new item smell, ...new book, new car, new mistress...

On a side note, and linked for no particular reason, while slightly amusing, 'NOAH' doesn't 'get me off' as much as I would have liked. I'm looking forward to 'NOAH 2'. Maybe some of the new animal dynamics will 'do it for me'.

(I should lose the unnecessary ... 'quoting additives'.)

I don't expect or desire responses to obvious statements.
I'm going to try to resurrect my 'better judgement'. I'll attempt to stand clear of this thread and similar ones in the future.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127323
05/14/07 05:56
05/14/07 05:56
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
to keep it short:

you can not tell if a joke is funny if you havent heared the end of it. (same with sex and love)
everything else is a lie

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Blattsalat] #127324
05/14/07 14:27
05/14/07 14:27
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Quoting PHeMox...has experience 'dancing' with 'Christians'?

Lol ...

Quote:

you can not tell if a joke is funny if you havent heared the end of it. (same with sex and love)
everything else is a lie

Good point basically.

Cheers

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127325
05/15/07 02:04
05/15/07 02:04
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

oh ok, I understand now, it just sounds weird to me that kinji and lostclimate, yourself and some others here seem to bash all the other Christians

As always I respect you but I do disagree with your reply. I do not bash all other Christians. I simply look at "us" and compare to what the Bible teaches. I find that we do not live up to the standards of holiness. Is that bad to say? To follow Christ is to follow Him. Remember the rich guy that followed the commandments but could not give up the other things he owned? There is simply a reality check for me and you and those who claim to be Christians.

Those people who claim to be Christians that do not follow simple things such as the commandments, prayer daily, fasting, those who are filled with pride, those who believe sin is ok after the Holy Ghost as entered them, those that take pride in tongues and other spiritual gifts yet they do not at all remember the letter from Paul to the Corinthinans. This is the type of Christians that I am talking about. We make the excuse.. "we all sin". We are commanded to go and sin not. I just dont get it. How can we as so called Christians except a life where sin is ok and dubbed as a mistake on a daily basis? I am speaking of you and I so there is no thoughts of me bashing others without first looking into my own heart.

Sorry if I come off rude or as a bashing type. I was raised in a tongue talking church that believed in spiritual gifts.. holiness was the utmost goal. We grew up in long sleeve shirts, long pants, no shorts, no television, no worldly music and so on. Close study of the Bible now shows me that even that may not be enough. Love God? I did. Try to do good. Of course I tried. Growing up in a life such as that.. talking in the unknown tongue, loving God.. it was not enough. A Christian is commanded to live a holy life without the love of the world. Most of us spend more time doing things that the flesh likes.. watching tv, programming, sports, the internet and so on. You think the golden calf was a temptation? Look around and see who bows to what. I dare any Christian here to do the math on a 24 hour period. What do you do during a day? Does God take up most of that time? I am guilty as are you. The difference is that I am searching for Truth not assuming that what I have found is Truth. God Bless you and I hope you find the way. Pray for eye-salve.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite