Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124269
04/23/07 01:59
04/23/07 01:59
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Thats not what I am talking about. You said the writings of Flavius Josephus could not be studied in e-sword. (even after me and NITRO both disputed you several times) Just so you know, I dont rely solely on that tool.. it is just the quickest and best imo.

E-sword doesnt have errors, its just software to compile many different books, it also cross-references many books. E-sword in itself is just an objective reader.

Its pretty easy to sum up the Japanese economy: "pretty darn good"

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: NITRO777] #124270
04/23/07 02:29
04/23/07 02:29
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Ill try to get back to a Christian conversation. ;-)

I was driving Friday evening, going to visit family 3 hours away from my home. I noticed two churches side by side. One street, two churches within 200 ft of each other. One salvation, one God, one truth... would Jesus approve of the two churches side by side or are we blind to what is really happening? Which one is right because clearly they are different.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124271
04/23/07 02:43
04/23/07 02:43
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

would Jesus approve of the two churches side by side or are we blind to what is really happening? Which one is right because clearly they are different.

It may sound simplistic but I think there are just things we cannot explain. Basically I think that the kind of unity you seek within Christendom is impossible yet I think God is still advancing Christianity at an astounding rate. Christianity has been and always will be "on the move". Nothing has ever halted its progress and of course there is no reason to believe anything ever will. Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: NITRO777] #124272
04/23/07 23:47
04/23/07 23:47
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

E-sword doesnt have errors, its just software to compile many different books, it also cross-references many books. E-sword in itself is just an objective reader.

It does contain errors, just go to a big library and check it out for yourself. Perhaps I will find time to post my findings sometime, unfortunately I have to do all this at the library and since we are not allowed to take certain books to our homes, it takes quite a bit of time.

Anyways, my point wasn't that you can't use it to look through those books, you 'can', however my point was the fact that you can't rely on e-sword for any real studies.

Quote:

Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Self-proclaimed as Christian, right? Well, if you only knew the character of some of the Christian Sects over here (think Ku Klux Klan kind of Sects, but minus the racism) ... (just to clarify, I'm not being totally serious here )

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124273
04/24/07 00:35
04/24/07 00:35
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

It does contain errors, just go to a big library and check it out for yourself. Perhaps I will find time to post my findings sometime, unfortunately I have to do all this at the library and since we are not allowed to take certain books to our homes, it takes quite a bit of time.

What was the purpose for you spending time checking for errors in e-sword? Just curious. Can you remember any error or specific area the error was in. You have me thinking.. instead of knocking e-sword I can help make it a lil better by reporting the error and thus the programmer can fix the text that is being read. ;-) Of course I havent come across any yet but anythings possible.

I'll try to say whats on my mind so that it cannot be misinterpreted in any way. You can use e-sword and rely on it for many Christian related studies. I agree that you cannot put your life or soul on the balances by swearing that every word of it is 100 % accurate. If it is something that great that you are studying then you should of course try to find on non-digital source. :-) So we agree a little and disagree a little. lol

Quote:

Denominations are just a way to find different homes for different types of people.

Thats a comment I am afraid of. You know I respect your thoughts and opinions but I have been very involved in a study conocerning the devil appearing to be a "angel of light". We have different denominations because each teaches the Bible according to his own interpretation, some teach using a limited amount of scriptures and some even twist the scripture to mean something it does not.

The problem is that some of the teachings are very misleading and even against the Word. If you live your life according to any other teaching than that of truth then you may be in trouble.

Quote:

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is so many warnings we overlook. If you study each denomination then you will find that it is based on a certain set of beliefs. I dont want to step on toes so I choose to not list any unless asked. Is the preachers and church leaders who push false doctrine accursed? If so then what about the people of those churches? They failed to take the warnings in the Bible serious thus they seal their fate and are led into believing that the life they lead is for God.. yet the angel of light is the one they are focused on. How can a man know he is decieved if he is actually decieved? lol

Quote:

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Most people have no form of Godliness at all. The majority believe that habitual sin is covered and that they are fine. Look around you in daily life, at work.. ask people do they claim to be a Christian and watch as most of them say yes and live as a common sinner. Look to your faith, your works.. whatever you may be and do you must ask yourself: Are you a righteous man? If no then your in trouble. If yes then you must ask yourself "What more can I do to?"

Quote:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Read it once and then again and again. Few find it. I am searching because I want to find it and I trully believe most of the Christians I know have settled, fallen in a groove, point blank: They are blind because they choose to be.

Quote:

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

I was raised apostolic and held true to the beliefs until this scripture set in.
Tongues being my greatest issue right now. I have went from greek to english and studied Pauls writings. Even if it was a true gift then it is being misused. I am "trying the spirit" and I have found that what I have seen and been taught all of my life does not hold up to the Word of God. Its a bit shocking actually.

Anyway, always good to be in a decent conversation. :-) Cheers <<-- I am learning PHeMoX.

After thought.

I have discussed this with a few friends of different denominations. Each thinks he is saved yet each live under a teaching that is the Word in a twisted manner. Christian or fake Christian, everyone claims truth yet I find that not many people admit that we know nothing. To strive for truth and not assume that what you have IS truth is the answer.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/24/07 00:41.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124274
04/24/07 02:11
04/24/07 02:11
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

What was the purpose for you spending time checking for errors in e-sword? Just curious. Can you remember any error or specific area the error was in. You have me thinking.. instead of knocking e-sword I can help make it a lil better by reporting the error and thus the programmer can fix the text that is being read.

If time allows me to do so, I will definitely come back at this. My motive? Well, I wasn't actually actively searching for errors actually, just certain information which I hoped to find in certain referenced books. Some sources it refers to do not include certain texts that do show up in e-sword. Sometimes translations are used that never were translated like they are in e-sword, there are quite a few of those errors, so far I've found like 12 of them. These are not typos or bugs though. I don't quite remember which literature I was reading, what I've mentioned before was all I remember, next time I will take notes, but since I wasn't that interested in the errors themself so I didn't make any notes. I was quite surprised to find errors since it was more or less just a quick glance (easy way to find books on certain topics actually), that's why my opinion about e-sword is rather negative.
Anyways, I can't do anything but leave it be for the time being, I will get back on this though and you are right, if the developer treasures an accurate application these things should be passed on to them,

Quote:

I have discussed this with a few friends of different denominations. Each thinks he is saved yet each live under a teaching that is the Word in a twisted manner. Christian or fake Christian, everyone claims truth yet I find that not many people admit that we know nothing. To strive for truth and not assume that what you have IS truth is the answer.

Well, one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Quote:

Anyway, always good to be in a decent conversation. :-) Cheers <<-- I am learning PHeMoX.

Hehehehe, nice

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124275
04/24/07 02:28
04/24/07 02:28
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

Well, one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Atheist and Christian agree. Amazing. There is one truth. What is it? No wonder the world looks at Christianity like a fraud.. even we cannot agree upon the simple things just as it is written.

Quote:

one thing is for certain, they can't all be right.

Christian or not.. I am trying to see good in all people. This is hard at times but I am trying. I do in fact think that there is one universal law that is beyond those dubbed "Christian". I think it is one that we can all admit is good. Forget churches, denominations, forget the news. I respect Paul and the Bible as a whole but if need be, forget all and follow what Jesus taught. Violence must be avoided, love God, love those in need by helping, honor your wife.. your mother and father, help the poor above the desire for a new car. A short list in plain english. The world could actually be a bett6er place if some simple things could be accomplished. Morals, virtue, honor, TRUTH.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite