Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Trading Journey
by 7th_zorro. 04/27/24 04:42
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TipmyPip, Ayumi), 773 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124199
04/16/07 14:19
04/16/07 14:19
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
Quote:

You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?

Because I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak. I believe in Christ and Christianity, I simply choose to go against it. I have no soul, no faith, just hatred for man.

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: xXxGuitar511] #124200
04/16/07 18:42
04/16/07 18:42
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

Because I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak. I believe in Christ and Christianity, I simply choose to go against it. I have no soul, no faith, just hatred for man.

Ok.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Irish_Farmer] #124201
04/16/07 18:50
04/16/07 18:50
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

I feel that religeon is a crutch for the weak.

Yes, but we all ARE indeed weak.
We only think we are strong, but we are not.

You could die from disease or accident at any time.

No offense, but we humans are very "big-headed", when we think we are strong.

We all can and will die. Only God is strong, everything else is just weak flesh.

Quote:

you know 'a false prophet'

Yes, that's a good point.
The "false prophet" talked about in the biblical book of "REVELATION" has been interpreted for centuries to be the pope.

Because it talks about the prophet on 7 hills. The city on 7 hills is Rome.

Last edited by Ran Man; 04/16/07 18:54.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Irish_Farmer] #124202
04/16/07 22:26
04/16/07 22:26
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Do you have a reason why you have chosen to go against it íf you dó believe in it? It sounds both weird and interesting at the same time.

I don't think it's for the weak, or perhaps it is, but at least it "works" for them, so I guess it's a good thing*, right?

Cheers

*not always, since it's also easy for others to take advantage of 'the weak' in whichever way.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124203
04/16/07 22:44
04/16/07 22:44
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

Well, wouldn't it make sense considering Satan's (=the anti-christ right?) alleged treacherous nature that he's actually one of the Christians, you know 'a false prophet', a 'new messiah'?

There could be a man and it may be a spirit. If you want to get right down to it... something that is against the teachings of Christ. IMO I think that satan is more clever than we all think. he transforms himself into a angel of light. Today man has created doctrines that not only have nothing to do with the Bible but some even go against the teachings of Christ. Thus the spirit of the anti-christ works from within the church. I could give you a list that would blow your mind.. catholic, baptist, pentecostal, mormon and so on.. man has in many ways changed the Word of God to fit his needs. Again, IMO.. the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making someone think they're saved when in fact they are not. Faith alone will not get you there.

Quote:

I don't want to attack this opinion, but it's quite an assumption. What comes to my mind is also the fact that according to many Jews had a curse of being prosecuted, terminated and what more. What God would allow that to happen to 'his chosen people'?

There is a long history of God trying to deal with His people. He gave them so many chances. They need only turn to Him yet they did not in most cases. 40 years in the wilderness.. thats a long time and they brought this upon themselves. Worshipping false gods, adultry, murder and so on.

Quote:

As long as it's for charity for which it's meant and not for the churches private gold supply, why not... However, when looking at the Vatican, ... enough said, right?

Thats not a good example. lol I wouldnt actually put "catholic" in on Christianity. The Bible speaks of a "great whore". Geuss who that is? They are the best at totally twisting the Word to fit them. Just curious for you catholics.. what right does any man have to forgive you of your sins? You confess to man or to God? And who gave the authority to pray to Jesus' mother?
I wont even get to much into this one. lol

Quote:

Maybe because most religions dealing with fear and ignorance and not with love and truth?

Do you serve God because you love Him or do you serve Him out of fear of hell?
I say serve Him out of love with fear and respect. As for churches controlling the mob with fear tactics.. see my thoughts above about man changing the Word to fit his needs.

Quote:

O_O I must say "wow". Kinduv reminds me of what Jesus said about Judas. Ouch. God loves you and it isnt to late. ;-) Believeing is the hard part for most people.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/16/07 22:52.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124204
04/16/07 22:51
04/16/07 22:51
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
You're right about Catholicism, that was exactly my point, but yeah, in Europe Catholicism is considered to be a 'Christian' religion, that's a bit off perhaps when comparing to the American view I think.

Quote:

Worshipping false gods, adultry, murder and so on.

Okey, fair enough, and the modern non-original traditions make this worse and worse?

Quote:

he transforms himself into a angel of light.

What would that look like in practice? What's your definition of 'angel'. Can we see those or are those ghostly beings? (As you'll understand, I'm just curious, I don't believe in angels at all)

Quote:

As for churches controlling the mob with fear tactics..

If you're talking about the 30s, I think it has probably been the other way around.

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124205
04/16/07 22:59
04/16/07 22:59
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

For Israel? They are not actually Gods chosen now. They lost it. Jesus made this very clear. Check the second post I made here for my reasons of thinking this.

Jesus Christ is Israel.. those that follow Him are the chosen. Paul also made this very clear.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

Quote:

What would that look like in practice? What's your definition of 'angel'. Can we see those or are those ghostly beings? (As you'll understand, I'm just curious, I don't believe in angels at all)

As a whole.. a servent of God. Not sure of how one looks but I can imagine that taking the form of man is possible. (angel of light) I think the scripture is talking about a teaching or way of life that is wrong but made to look like it is right. A example.. if oneness is not correct then Jesus and the Father are 2 seperate beings. Oneness prays to Jesus as the Father thus eliminating the Father all together. Not saying oneness is wrong.. just saying that this is a example of how very bad things can be made to look like very good things.

Quote:

If you're talking about the 30s, I think it has probably been the other way around.

Even now. Fear of hell, fear of the pastor, fear of what the deacon thinks about you, so many rules to throw in your face. In many churches the pastor deserves so much respect but the Bible also says for us to test the spirits.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/16/07 23:11.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124206
04/16/07 23:06
04/16/07 23:06
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
I don't like it when people try and convince/push you into a religeon. To be classified by a certain religeon. If one day I decide to choose a faith, then hey, there it is. But now now. It's been a long time since I've felt happy. Now all I feel is sick, dying inside. Maybe I've sold my soul for hatred, and from that comes strength. To never give in, to always push. Hopefully one day things will change...

Alright, storytime. The most random [censored] thats happened to me... well, maybe not, but still, wtf?

Yesterday, I was at the mall gettin' some pizza with my bro scott, and some dude comes up to me and asks me, "hey man, what do you thinks going to happen to you after you die? I mean, have you ever been asked that?". He aked me again, and I told him that I felt there's no continuation, that the road ends there. He continued taking and used several persuasive techniques to persuade me to change my ways, asking me about sins we've all committed, and about judgement.
So I sat there, and listened. I was busy, wanted to eat, and I knew where he was goin with this, but, I stood there and listened to every word he had to say with full attention. Eventually he was done, so I shook his hand and he left.

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124207
04/16/07 23:13
04/16/07 23:13
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

For Israel? They are not actually Gods chosen now. They lost it. Jesus made this very clear. Check the second post I made here for my reasons of thinking this.

Jesus Christ is Israel.. those that follow Him are the chosen. Paul also made this very clear.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

Okey, thanks for the explanation, you did understand correctly.

Quote:

just saying that this is a example of how very bad things can be made to look like very good things.

In a way that's why I don't "trust" the bible, even if the stories would be true (I mean historical).

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: xXxGuitar511] #124208
04/16/07 23:20
04/16/07 23:20
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

I don't like it when people try and convince/push you into a religeon.

They shouldnt. Whether you believe it or not, God deals with us all in different ways. You are here talking about religion thus you are interested in some form or another.

Quote:

It's been a long time since I've felt happy. Now all I feel is sick, dying inside.

Heres your sign. Time for a change. What your doing isnt working so why not find whats right for you?

Quote:

Maybe I've sold my soul for hatred, and from that comes strength. To never give in, to always push.

So God is dealing with you? I hardly doubt you have sold your soul.

Quote:

Alright, storytime. The most random [censored] thats happened to me... well, maybe not, but still, wtf?

See my remark about God dealing with you. :-)

Quote:

In a way that's why I don't "trust" the bible, even if the stories would be true (I mean historical).

We walk by faith and not by sight. All we can do is look at all the facts and make the best decision possible. Forget church doctrine, forget religion.. read the Word and try to do the best you can.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/16/07 23:26.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite