Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Trading Journey
by 7th_zorro. 04/27/24 04:42
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip), 747 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Christian Cafe' #124189
04/15/07 00:18
04/15/07 00:18
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Chime in and give your opinions, facts, scripture, etc. I am sure most of this has been a topic before.. I havent been involved before so here it is again. :-)
Christian to Christian I would like to see some of your replies.

1) Deity of Christ? Is he the Father, Son and Holyghost all wrapped up in one?
Is there 3 triune Gods? Trinity. Or a very uncommon belief but is there 2? The Father and the Son and the Holyghost is the spirit of God.

Some people even believe that Jesus was the LORD and God in the OT and that the Father was still invisible and silent then.

2) Is the true chosen of God the people that are in the "state" of Israel or is Christians the true Israel?

3) The 10 commandments.. do we follow them still? A "must" or not needed. Whats your opinion?

4) Are we required this day and age to tithe 10%. If not, why do you think so?

5) The Antichrist. Is he one man or a group of people? Or a spirit even? Does he exist today?

6) At what stage of revelation are we in? Surly this is the last days. Observation of the world today as compared to when I was a kid shows major changes in morals, attitude, etc. Where do you think we are right now?

Just curious of your beliefs. We talk and debate so much about other topics containing violence and such.. a breath of fresh air is to talk strictly about Christianity. :-)

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124190
04/15/07 01:34
04/15/07 01:34
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
no comment...

Last edited by xXxGuitar511; 04/15/07 03:37.

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: xXxGuitar511] #124191
04/15/07 02:10
04/15/07 02:10
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

ty

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/15/07 11:54.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124192
04/15/07 03:41
04/15/07 03:41
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get, as I hate it when people talk about religeon on the forums. I know this is the "free-for-all" section, but ... yeah.

...And I am a musician that also happens to like Slayer's MUSIC, not beliefs.

I do not worship "SATAN", I sure as f*ck did not come from a monkey. I am non-religeous, though I grew up in a Christian home. I want to find my own way when the day comes...

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124193
04/15/07 05:40
04/15/07 05:40
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

I hate it when people talk about religeon on the forums

O com'on guitarist.
Religion and/or God is eternal .

In contrast, we are lucky if our games last for ten years, but God lasts forever.
Ain't it worth talking about?

@ Kinji
Hey, it's "Kinji the great" from Missisippi. Welcome back bro.
But, I'm not very opinionated on those subjects below. I guess... Hmmmnnn...

Quote:

1) Deity of Christ? Is he the Father, Son and Holyghost all wrapped up in one?
Is there 3 triune Gods? Trinity. Or a very uncommon belief but is there 2? The Father and the Son and the Holyghost is the spirit of God.

I'm not an expert, but I think that is ONE God and Jesus is the SON.

I say that, because if Jesus is not God, then we have no business praying or talking to Him. As we should pray only to God alone.

Yeah, God the Father is on the throne in heaven and the Holy Spirit is here witnessing about Jesus being the Messiah.

Quote:

2) Is the true chosen of God the people that are in the "state" of Israel or is Christians the true Israel?

I don't think that God has abandomed them. Because God does not abandon totally His people ever. I don't think God is like that. Therefore, Israel is still His people, but right now they seem to be missing the blessings of the Spirit?

Quote:

3) The 10 commandments.. do we follow them still? A "must" or not needed. Whats your opinion?

Well Gee, I don't know. I admit to not follow a "Saturday" sabbath and I still eat ham, eggs and stuff.
But, it's probably good to follow them as best as possible, you think so?
Quote:

Yeah, I think so.
Quote:

5) The Antichrist. Is he one man or a group of people? Or a spirit even? Does he exist today?

I think he's probably one man ruling a world system.
I think "radical" Islam will play a big role in this and the christian church is just missing the boat.
Why?

Well because I don't see atheist, buddhist or anybody else trying to conquer the world by force in such a religious manner like the anti-christ is supposed to do. Who is it?
Quote:

6) At what stage of revelation are we in? Surly this is the last days. Observation of the world today as compared to when I was a kid shows major changes in morals, attitude, etc. Where do you think we are right now?

Hmmmmn, I'm not sure. I would say that when we see Europe converted to Islam and then the pope would make an alliance with them to conquer Israel, then we are all going to be into some deep horse doo-doo.
Because, when they try to take down Israel, then it's Meggido and we are going to be really messed up down here. lol

But, I don't know.
What is your opinion on these 6 subjects Kinji?

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Ran Man] #124194
04/15/07 12:44
04/15/07 12:44
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

@Guitar

I appreciate a answer. At least your open minded enough to know that you will have to find your own way eventually. :-) gl

Hey Ran_Man, just like you.. real life gets busy sometimes. ^^ I had to take a few days and catch up. Ill give a detailed answer to the questions in a bit. :-)

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Ran Man] #124195
04/15/07 16:52
04/15/07 16:52
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

1) Jesus is a part of God yet He is not the Father. John saw them seperate in his vision. Jesus gave glory to the Father alone. Even when you pray.. Jesus taught to pray to the Father. He did not want you praying to Himself. So I have to ask.. do you pray to the Jesus or do you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus?

2)

a) This could be a long answer. lol Ill keep it simple. No.. the new Israel is not the people that live in "Israel". Jesus Christ is Israel and so are the Christians that have faith in Him. I can back up this theory. In short, Jesus played the role of Israel. From His birth to His death He followed the path that Israel took. He passed each test in the same order that Israel failed. Take a look.

a) Israel was in bondage in Egypt at the start. In (exo 4:22) the Lord called Israel His Son, even His firstborn. He brought them out of Egypt. Now when Jesus was young His parents took Him to the land of Egypt to avoid Herod. In (matt 2:15) the Word says that Jesus is Gods Son. Thats not the most important thing about that scripture. Check out the fact that Jesus fulfilled what was spoken in (hos 11:1) Saying that.. Jesus is called "Israel".

b) When the Israelites left Egypt they were baptized in the sea. (1 cor 10:2)

b) (matt 3:15) Jesus also was baptized

c) We know that the Israelites now spent 40 years in the wilderness.

c) Jesus after being baptized spent 40 days in the wilderness. (matt 4:1)

d) Israel is the vine? (psa 80:8)

d) Now Jesus is the vine (john 15:1)

e) (isa 41:8) Israel is the seed.

e) Now Jesus is the seed. (gal 3:16)

Galations 3:26-29

Jesus Christ is the seed of Abraham and He is Israel. He is Gods chosen and so are those that follow Him. The "state" of Israel failed to turn to God and even more than that they rejected His Son.

God made a covenant with the 12 tribes at the foot of Mount Sinai. (ex 24:8) The new covenant happens almost the same way with the 12 apostles, Mount Zion. (matt 26:28)

Check out (rom 9:3-8) There is a clear idea of who the NEW Israel is.

Who was Jesus talking to in (john 8:41) ? What did He say about them?

Again, who is a Jew? Who is Israel? Read (rom 2:17) and (rom 2:25-27) This explains it very well.

If this is true then imagine how many things are possibly misunderstood. What about revelations? Read it again and apply "Israel" to the church. It takes a whole new meaning. What about the 3rd temple being built after the second one was destroyed? We know where the temple is. Within us. If we as Christians are the new Israel and the new temple of God is in our hearts then many things take new meaning in the Word.

When was the Israelites stripped of their calling? Check out (matt 21:43)

I'll continue later. :-)

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/15/07 16:55.

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124196
04/15/07 17:17
04/15/07 17:17
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
1). I'm with orthodoxy on this one.

2). The chosen could be said to be anyone who is in the personal covenant with God at this point, and that means Christians be they Jew or otherwise.

3). Yes. They were meant to be universal.

4). I've never seen any verses that say so.

5). I'm considering the partial preterist position, in which case the anti-christ has already come and gone.

6). I'm not 100% sure I see what you mean here. But I'm rushed, so that might be why.

Quote:

I sure as f*ck did not come from a monkey.

You had human parents didn't you? So I would contend this position.

I can understand if you want to find your own way, but that doesn't explain why you hate it when others believe in Christianity and want to discuss those beliefs. You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 04/15/07 17:19.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Irish_Farmer] #124197
04/16/07 09:05
04/16/07 09:05
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:

I can understand if you want to find your own way, but that doesn't explain why you hate it when others believe in Christianity and want to discuss those beliefs. You're not just trying to find your own way, you're offended by religion. Do you mind if I ask why?

Maybe because most religions dealing with fear and ignorance and not with love and truth?

no science involved
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Ran Man] #124198
04/16/07 11:18
04/16/07 11:18
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Off course, I'm not a Christian, but I've got some questions anyways, since these topics are interesting to some extent.

Quote:

Well because I don't see atheist, buddhist or anybody else trying to conquer the world by force in such a religious manner like the anti-christ is supposed to do. Who is it?

Well, wouldn't it make sense considering Satan's (=the anti-christ right?) alleged treacherous nature that he's actually one of the Christians, you know 'a false prophet', a 'new messiah'?

Does he/she/it/whatever necessarily have to do anything religious? Doesn't it only have to be very very evil?

Quote:

Because God does not abandon totally His people ever. I don't think God is like that.

I don't want to attack this opinion, but it's quite an assumption. What comes to my mind is also the fact that according to many Jews had a curse of being prosecuted, terminated and what more. What God would allow that to happen to 'his chosen people'?

Quote:

As long as it's for charity for which it's meant and not for the churches private gold supply, why not... However, when looking at the Vatican, ... enough said, right?

Quote:

Ain't it worth talking about?

I'd say yes it's worth it, however, it depends on the amount of uh ridiculousness I think.

Quote:

Maybe because most religions dealing with fear and ignorance and not with love and truth?

Pfew, at least sóme seem to understand how religion is a method of controlling the mass, even to this day ...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite