by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 1,374 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
server question. #111699
02/11/07 21:53
02/11/07 21:53
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Hi I am just woundering if 3dgs has a server build in the engine or would you have to have your own server and use some sort of database for the online game.

Like I want to make a online mode with at least 50 players max I made a city level and want it to be online by making a menu before you connect to the server where you select speed modem ect and also input a login username and password where my server would check the password and user name if it's legit, then it would connect the person to the server where takes you to a menu like area where it has your profile sutff and then your 3d model meaning player model where you can select your own model to be played in the game and then select a level map to play on. Then during connection I want to diplay loading messages and a loading bar during connection to the server ect.

In multi-player games how could I make a a chat script in a way, like I have a 3d model of a labtop and in order to chat with other users you have to have a labtop in the game or a cell phone in the game in order to talk to other users but in order to talk to other users they also have to have a labtop or a cellphone in order to communicate. Makes the game more fun when 2 teams battle becuse the cellphones could get blown up and would results in no communication with the team.

any ideas would be great.

Re: server question. [Re: Aaron] #111700
02/14/07 02:57
02/14/07 02:57
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
Your own - I know, it's unfortunate for beginners, but excellent for advanced users.

BTW: Requires Pro version (unless you want ~4 players). You will have to find a database plugin and port it through c-script (check out the user-contributions for mysql).

Last edited by xXxGuitar511; 02/14/07 02:59.

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: server question. [Re: xXxGuitar511] #111701
02/14/07 03:16
02/14/07 03:16
New York
PrenceOfDarkness Offline
Serious User
PrenceOfDarkness  Offline
Serious User

New York
The knocking out communication is an idea I shared also, then like a moron i realized something that made it all pointless.. it's called skype or any of those chat based programs lol...

"There is no problem that can't be solved with time and determination." -me
prenceofdarkness for instant messages on AIM.

Looking for a model designer
PLEASE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.
Re: server question. [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #111702
02/15/07 19:07
02/15/07 19:07
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
xfire/ts

smile
Re: server question. [Re: D3D] #111703
02/20/07 01:46
02/20/07 01:46
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

well I am trying to make achat script well 2 3d models on a cell phone and one a labtop the cellphone when bought from a store in the online game city this is not with real money just game money, the cellphone would enable chating using a microphone when the 3d model uses the cellphone I want it so when the person talks the mought of the model moves ect and the voice of the person would been played where his player is so like any other teams are near him can hear him talking on the cellphone, the labtop if bought would enable a chat console on the bottom where you can type in text and then send it to your team mates that have a labtop too in the online game, in order for the players to communicate with each other they all have to have a cellphone or a labtop, the cellphone is only people can talk to other people that have a cellphone in the online game but they can't communicat with people that only have labtops their 2 different ways on comiunication, and also they can text talk to anyone that their near or by where they press a button when near the person in order to send text message.

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de