Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 20:05
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,438 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Help with Multiplayer - Clients/Guns - Please #7120
09/29/01 13:43
09/29/01 13:43

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi All.
I bought the Pro version a few months ago. It was a BIG investment for me as a game developer. So far I am very happy - and have done more than expected. However, I have one simple Multiplayer Question.

How can a client pick up a gun/object like the main player?

Essentially I would like my client to have the same attributes as the 1rst player (main player). I noticed there is a lot of seperate code for the client. I would like to modify or activate some code to allow my client to pick up guns - in multiplayer mode.

Please - any help would be really appreciated. I understand a good portion of the code written and would like to try to get it to work. If you have done something similar (overcome the same obstacles) I would take the time to understand your help.

Thank you
-Peter

Re: Help with Multiplayer - Clients/Guns - Please #7121
09/29/01 16:42
09/29/01 16:42
Outarville, France
al1 Offline
Expert
al1  Offline
Expert

Outarville, France
Hi,
We are in the mins two to set ourselves the head. Here is it that wrote JCL, the creator of the engine, one week ago. The message is clear, it is normal that that does not work. It is necessary to leave zero and to recreate everything or even. So effectively all who can already exist on this subject is welcome

quote:
Originally posted by jcl:
In the office multiplayer level, jumping and strafing is now implemented. Note that looking up/down, carrying items or weapons, and some other template script functions are not yet adapted to multiplayer mode - if you need this you must script it.

It is a beautiful challenge, I work above and I pass by many phases of discouragement, I even dropped my current project to dedicate me only to that because I would like to end my workshop on the games multi-players.

Good courage and good luck...

Re: Help with Multiplayer - Clients/Guns - Please #7122
09/29/01 17:27
09/29/01 17:27

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

As always I have to say: "Working with the templates is bad, MMkay? Make your own Scripts, you'll learn alot of them, MMkay?"

Re: Help with Multiplayer - Clients/Guns - Please #7123
09/29/01 18:46
09/29/01 18:46

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks you al1. I wish you luck. I will maybe have a friend who is better in programming to help me out. Or maybe a brave soul will step up and offer help beyond the call of duty. Or maybe one just has to wait...

I payed so much for the software - and expected a lot more for the multiplayer. I will not complain - because the package is great. I guess the general feeling is - if you can't learn the code yourself - you might not get much help.
Thanks again for writing a response. Hope to hear good news soon.
-Peter

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de