by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, bigsmack, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,364 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - Explosions and Plasma [Re: EX Citer] #97627
11/13/06 14:40
11/13/06 14:40
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Kenneth J. Williams  Offline OP
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
The video's are complety uploaded now. Sometimes the ships do break up. But You can't control when it happens sometimes the animations don't play all the way through.

I geuss it's kind of like an reward in gameplay if you get the big ships to break up because they swing at you when this happens and the splinters come right at you but you can't control the explosions.

Software I used I had corel draw I just had to find it. I used some particles that I found in easy particles 3. I used Milkshape 3d to make a plane flat model for the weapons. Then went into Med to place the skins on the model copy the model and reversed it one side.

I edit material in Med made copies of the models to make up muiltiple shots. For muiltable color sprites I just Merged the other plasma models together to make new muiltable weapon shot.

Used the same Models for explosions just put new Flash.Tga I used 5 Flash skins 5 models with Particels found in Easy Particels 3 Stretched the models copied them and I made criss cross models to make the explosions show all sides when they expload.

Flash1.Mdl is flat because it is suposed to make up a ring like explosion.

Went into weapons00FX.wdl in notepad and changed Flash.Tga files to Flash1.Mdl through Flash5.Mdl where it talks about explosions.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/13/06 20:04.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - Explosions and Plasma [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97628
11/14/06 17:46
11/14/06 17:46
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I fixed the muzzleflash last night so it does not drift around and made it blink a bit faster so it does not stay on the screen all day.

I also put some fire effects in the red level in some of the trees and around some rocks with Easy Particle 3.

I put some red lights on the towers that shoot the green shots at you and did some other stuff that I can't think of right now.

I would post some more videos but my ftp programe is on the fritz. I will get a new one in a couple of days.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/14/06 17:48.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 5 new videos [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97629
12/05/06 19:28
12/05/06 19:28
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
http://www.789site.com/other2/

I have 5 new videos online I uploaded the videos today. The 1st video is the red planet with the mech. I added a new sky background a wrecked ship some fire and some solders that follow you around a bit. The moon base levels are on videos 2 and 4 with skyscrapers. Video 3 is a new space level. Video 5 is a red and green planet you play while flying.

I updated the graphics alot on all of these levels.
I had bought the skyscrapers a while back I had to reskin them again before they would show up in 3d Gamestudio.

I will check back from time to time to see what people think of my levels.

The music that I use in my games have been selling pretty good now if you want a CD just visit my webpage or click on the link to go to Apple iTunes where you can buy the tracks you sample. Visit www.789site.com

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 5 new videos [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97630
12/05/06 21:26
12/05/06 21:26
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Are you sure the frame rate is ok when playing the game? It seems sometimes like itīs lagging heavy. Like when these realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy realy big explosions appear.

:L
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 5 new videos [Re: EX Citer] #97631
12/05/06 22:26
12/05/06 22:26
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
No it does not lag on all the levels just on the first one with the mech and the flying level with the moon base.

The explosions are not causing the lag time on the first level with the mech it is the trees. Can fix it with clipping range.

On the moon base flying level it is the skyscrapers causing the reload weapons to lag.

I am trying to make it work faster in the moon base level but the only way to do it that I have noticed is to shorten the clipping range. that works for both levels but then things are left out of view and it looks kind of strange.

I also wanted to note before anyone saw it. I put in the wrong muzzleflash tga on the second video it should only show one flash not two in front of the gun. I will fix this.

Thank you for your comment. It will be a while before I update the videos with the problems fixed I am very tired and been working on these levels for a few days now.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 12/05/06 22:29.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 5 new videos [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97632
12/05/06 23:10
12/05/06 23:10
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I think I took care of the problem it is working alot faster now just had to change the cycle time in the weapons and change the clipping range just a bit.
Seems alot better now but I am to tired to go about making some more videos at the moment.

You should get a good idea of what the levels already look like from these first videos.

Thank you for pointing out that problem.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 12/05/06 23:11.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de