Hi all,

I have been looking at gamestudio (and a couple of other engines)' forums, and I could swear I saw someone with an example download of a level with a deformable ground terrain mesh, which saved on exit, and reloaded when starting the app again.

Does anyone else remember seeing this, or can someone point me in the best direction for starting something like this? I'd like to have a largish world, but wouldn't need too much visual distance, as I'm planning to have about 60degree top-down view alternating with scripted 3rd person camera positions while the player is on the outside terrain anyway.

Should I be using a model, with vertex-movement, and saving out files for custom chunks of the terrain? So, a 10 quants high 100x100 square terrain mesh, that loads multiple times around the player position, then each one in its creation script actually loads its vertex positions from file/ database and moves them to fit? Is vertex manipulation of this style too slow?

edit: ok I've finally find the example I was thinking of - its in the latest AUM (59), which I must have previewed before starting to read them all from the beginning... I'd still like to know people's thoughts on a terrain model at a large scale for this purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Don
have a great day

Last edited by Gumby22don; 11/05/06 12:59.