by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,103 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Terrain question #92682
10/01/06 18:43
10/01/06 18:43
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
Hey,

I have a simple question. I want to make a quite big terrain for my game. I don't know how to texture it easly and to make it looks good. I want a terrain with different types of grass, like in any fields... and I have some roads to put in the level.

What is the best way to texture it well, and to put some roads?

Also, what is the best terrain format? hmp or mdl?

Thanks

Yeah! IE sucks, use Mozilla...
Marc Rémillard.
Re: Terrain question [Re: Marky Mark] #92683
10/02/06 04:39
10/02/06 04:39
Nebraska, USA
S
Stormking Offline
Stormking  Offline
S

Nebraska, USA
I have the standard version of A6 so I dont have access to the hmp part of Med. Having said that, I have fournd some very good editors, "Bryce, Geoscape, Nems Terrain Gen. and each has its benifits.

They say that MDL takes less time to compile, I like Nems Terrain Gen. It exports to the .map format. Now the compilation time is extended based on the size of your terrain but I find the benifits to be exceptional. Geoscape does directly export the the MDL format if you so choose and It is decent in its own right. It has good textureing mode according to the height of your land. Bryce is a top of the line editor with many benifits also.

It all depends on how detailed you wish to go, I'm sorry I cant say much about the HMP format, someday I will upgrade probably straight to the COM edition. The chunked terrain system allows for large terrain levels I've been told and the texturing mode in MED is supposed to be good.

anyway, I hope this helps you in your decision making, its the best Info I can provide.

Take care.

A mind is a place, in and of itself, that can make a hell of heaven, and a heaven of hell.
Re: Terrain question [Re: Stormking] #92684
10/03/06 21:27
10/03/06 21:27
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
I tried al those softwares, andI just don't understand how some people get very nice looking terrain... I made a big terrain with a nice texture on it and in 3dgs its full of blur, and the terrain editor is not very flexible... anyway.. I just need a simple Big grass terrain with some roads on it... how could I do this?

Marc Rémillard.
Re: Terrain question [Re: Marky Mark] #92685
10/03/06 22:17
10/03/06 22:17
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
ok i found .. sry for the post

Marc Rémillard.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de