Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 629 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 #87809
08/28/06 14:18
08/28/06 14:18
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
PUZZLETTER
- Download now!
http://www.windmillgames.de/uploads/error014/PUZZletterRelease.zip - kindly hosted by Kihaku

Aah, a puzzle game. Lovely. And even better, this game here is a puzzle game with a message. What do you expect? Stop Wars? Save the trees? The children are our future? Ah, feels good to say it, huh?

What did you say? You DO want to stop wars? Well, then let's make this the message of this puzzler!

So, is it that what you wanted? Your favorite message, converted into... a puzzle! So what's the goal?

In this puzzlegame, the play area are... letters! Arranged to form a word, a sentence, a story! And because you are awesome, you probably already noticed that these letters are colored - either blue or yellow. And then theres this weird thing - which is actually the goal.

See the ball there? You have to manipulate the letters in such a way that the ball ends up in the goal - but that is only possible if every letter has the same color. The letters switch color each time the ball hits them.

The ball is a physics object - which you can't manipulate at all. It's all in the letters, my friends! You can move and rotate them within certain constrains (no, you can't move each letter everywhere!) - most of the time. Depending on the puzzle, you may be not allowed to move or rotate certain letters. Your task is to figure a position and rotation of all the letters out which allows the ball to hit each letter the correct amount of times and ends in the goal. We also give you help: By pressing the SPACEBAR, you can see the path the ball went. Easy, you say? Could be done by a monkey, you shout?

Well, think again. Some of these puzzles ARE easy, no doubt. We don't want to frustrate you completely. But some of the puzzles we have here are straight from hell. You'll see them, and when you realize that your "absolutely fail-proof solution" simply won't work, you'll realize that these puzzles must be created by Satan himself (Actually, they aren't. He does charge quite a lot for his work). So there you have it. There are puzzles for everyone. Puzzles you can play with your two year old cousin and puzzles that are so hard that you will curse the whole week.

You simply have to love this!

The puzzles were created by me and fantastic and awesome users and include a difficulty-rating, which is given in stars. Five stars is the highest difficulty and roughly translates to "It will take you a week to figure it out". We have included more than 20 puzzles!

Huge thanks to these people:

- Kihaku (hosting again! A big round of applause!)
- Spike (as a puzzlecreator, it would only be fair to raise his yearly income by 20%)
- Turrican (also a puzzlecreator, he should become king of a country of his choice, including the fictious Chocalate-Kingdom)

Now with that out of the way - Please download the game now and tell us if you enjoy it! We want every constructive criticism, as harsh as it might be. We look forward to many responses and hope you enjoy our game!

Also included is an editor, which means that the lifespan of this game is theoretically endless!
That is to say, it should. Sadly enough, you guys seem to never create anything with my lovely games! That being said - I of course try it again! I look forward to all puzzle-contributions. It's really easy and quickly done, there is an editor in the game. If you want to contribute a puzzle, simply create it, save it and it's already added to your list! For everyone else to add, simply offer the "plz"-file for download (or paste it's content here, it's not big). Everyone else simply has to download it into his "Puzzles"-folder, open that file once with the Editor and then save it again, that's all!

Well, let's see your contributions!

- Download now!
http://www.windmillgames.de/uploads/error014/PUZZletterRelease.zip - kindly hosted by Kihaku

Experimental Gamdesign??
A new entry in the "Experimental Gamedesign"-series! What sounds like a cheap copy of "Experimental Gameplay" is a series of more-or-less "innovative" games, which were produced in a relative short amount of time and then presented to you, the wonderful community, to receive feedback and "bah, crap"-posts . All games have a different concept, you tell us if they are good! Here is the complete list of former entries! Games without names are listed as "? ? ?", followed by a short overview.

- ? ? ? - (A game in which you had to create blockclusters, which were removed according to the music).
- Audience Artist (Draw in front of an Audience, include their wishes, become rich and curse when no more time or paint is left)

Some games in this series have pretty rudimentary looks (when Turrican had no time to create the graphics ). Anyway, it's not "Experimental Graphics" - It's all about the gameplay and the concept. What we want to hear from you is if the game is fun - that's the most important thing. You can of course comment on graphics and bugs, but that is not the main focus.

DISCLAIMER
If it blows up your machine, it's your fault!

(Oh, by the way... which puzzle do you like best? And even more important... who of us creates the best puzzles?)

Who creates the best puzzles and thus shall become king of the world?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/28/06 14:02

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Error014] #87810
08/28/06 15:50
08/28/06 15:50
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
I voted for Turrican for two reasons.
Reason 1: Im glad he sstill alive, even if he doesnt cotnact me anymore for reasons my ex seems to know but ownt tell me?

Reason II: Voting for myself would be even more shameless and thats just too shameless for a shameless person thats shamelöess but not over shamelessy so its okay. Besides, i know what Error014 means

I really dont have to tell you how much i and my babe like this game. Get THIS NOW!

Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: sPlKe] #87811
08/28/06 16:50
08/28/06 16:50
Richmond, BC, Canada
Calined Offline
User
Calined  Offline
User

Richmond, BC, Canada
funny cool idea

take a listen on my Portfolio Site
Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Calined] #87812
08/28/06 16:59
08/28/06 16:59
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
voted for Error014, simply because he's a cool guy, lol
(and my sensei for programming... sometimes )

looking great once more, i love your minigames man, keep it up

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Helghast] #87813
08/28/06 17:46
08/28/06 17:46
Germany
Turrican Offline
User
Turrican  Offline
User

Germany
This is really awesome. I really like it!
And I also contributed some Puzzles - that's something ALL of you should do. Or at least consider to do.

Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Error014] #87814
08/28/06 20:10
08/28/06 20:10
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
I voted for Error014 because of three reasons:

-I like his previous minigame "Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2"
I liked it ALLOT !!!!

-This new mini game "Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3" looks great !!

-Last but not least, he just makes more minigames these last days then the other two users ^^
Not that I don't like Turrican and Spike their minigames but it's just the plain truth

Keep it up Error014 !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: frazzle] #87815
08/28/06 20:42
08/28/06 20:42
Munich, Bavaria, South of Germ...
TripleX Offline
Expert
TripleX  Offline
Expert

Munich, Bavaria, South of Germ...
Very funny and good idea. BUT the engine crashed I would say two trys before I finished a difficult level (after ~12-14 tries)

Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: TripleX] #87816
08/29/06 09:56
08/29/06 09:56
Netherlands, Voorhout
Bazje Offline
Bazje  Offline

Netherlands, Voorhout
Same for me, always at the same level with the "W's". The game crashes to desktop.

The time of Dr/\g0n5 has begun...
Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Bazje] #87817
08/30/06 19:23
08/30/06 19:23
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Thank you all for your replies! I hope that there will be many more! Come on, post

Also, thanks for all the votes. Looks like I'm winning! Although I must admit, I liked "Stupid Faces" and "Passive Manipulation" best, which means I would have to vote for Turrican. I haven't done so yet, so keep that in mind when you`re looking at the poll!
Plus, sorry for the typo. Too bad I can't edit it.

As far as the bug is concerned: Hm, I wasn't able to recreate the crash. I wonder if it is my or the physics engines fault...

Anyway, please try the other levels. Was anyone able to solve the "MonsterMiniMayhem"-puzzle?

Well, keep the comments coming, I love to read them! Uuh... please?

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Puzzletter - Experimental Gamedesign # 3 [Re: Error014] #87818
08/31/06 03:52
08/31/06 03:52
Jesusland
Towelie Offline
Serious User
Towelie  Offline
Serious User

Jesusland
Love the game, but...

Friggen engien always crashes on me. It seemed that the mroe I played, the more often it crashed. Fortunatly, its a friggen addictive game, so I kept going back until each tiem I played it crashed.

Jimmy died, today, he blew his brains out into the bay, in the state of mind, its my own private suicide. A stitch in time saves nine... what the hell does that mean?!?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de