by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (lijoyi2011), 1,042 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Fate of Heaven #87663
08/27/06 11:14
08/27/06 11:14
The Netherlands
D
Dutchie666 Offline OP
Dutchie666  Offline OP
D

The Netherlands

Three knights arrived at a small town. One of the knights stepped forwards. “Open the gate!” he barked in a loud, battle hardened voice that obviously belonged to a commander. Slowly, the gates creaked open, revealing a cluster of poorly made huts on a floor of patchy brown and green grass.
Walking slowly into the town, the Knight’s Commander shouted out “WE ARE LOOKING FOR ORRIN. SHOW YOURSELF, IN THE NAME OF THE KING”
A tall man with scruffy hair stepped out from a dimly lit hut, walking with a slight limp that looked like an age old battle wound. “What do you want?” he said in a gruff voice. King Bertarn, Lord of the City Of Heroes and its surrounding lands requests your blade to aid our fight at heaven city you must leave with us immediately. Bring your finest steel and strongest armour.
“Are you going to fight, dad?” A small child had appeared at the man’s side. He looked about 9 years old. “Yeah son, I’ve gotta go defend the city. Go get mommy and our best 2 horses and bring them here for me like a good kid.” Orrin Smiled. He may never see the kid again, but he knew he’d do ok either way.
“O..Okay” the little boy stammered, and ran off round the side of the house, into the town stables, reappearing with 2 fine stallions, one jet black, one purest white. Leaving the horses to stand outside their house, the child disappeared back inside, walking out with his mother.
She was a beautiful woman, who looked like she was in her mid twenties, with long brown hair, and deep brown eyes. You could tell that she’d accepted she may never see her husband again.
She easily mounted the white horse, slipping into the saddle like she’d been using horses for her entire life, and hoisted her child up onto the saddle with her. Gently kicking the horse’s sides with her heels, she joined her husband at his side.
After an hour of riding, they’d arrived at the gates of south district. All that stood between the king’s castle and the southern half of the city was a large bridge, artistically crafted out of some kind of white stone. As they approached the gates, a wave of magic washed over them, and the gates swung smoothly open.
Turning to Orrin’s wife and son, the Knight’s commander said “This is where we must leave you. Pray for your husband’s safe return. Pray for us all.” With that, the group of four started onto the bridge, Orrin’s child and wife watching him slowly depart, as the gates swung closed. As the group approached the middle of the bridge, the skies suddenly turned dark red, and a huge fireball exploded in the distance. Seconds after that, three gigantic winged lizards swept over the bridge, casting huge shadows across the white stone. Smoke billowed from their mouths, and their eyes glowed bright red. These were dragons. As one, they let out a deafening roar, and arched back, almost standing in the air.
The group on the bridge looked up as the dragon breathed it’s fury onto the bridge. Orrin’s wife screamed, but it was drowned out by the sound of the flame, a giant fireball encompassing the entire bridge. The four men and their horses turned to shadows, then exploded into dust, their armour and weapons melting into a puddle of molten slag.
The child sat in the saddle, unable to move, unable to comprehend what had happened. Slowly, he began to absorb the awful truth, and tears began to flow freely down his cheeks, now covered in the ashes of the men on the bridge, which had begun to fill the air. Silently, he swore revenge against all dragonkind.

-Six Years Later-
“Hey mom, I have something to tell you… I’m leaving home. The boy’s mother turned to him. “Why?” she looked worried, but understanding of her son’s intent. She knew what he’d say next- she’d seen it in his eyes the moment his father had been killed by the dragons.
She sighed. “I thought you’d go and do something like this, so I’m prepared for it to happen; but before you go, I want you to take this sword.”
She reached up to where a longsword was proudly mounted on the wall and lifted it off, handing it to the boy. “This blade belonged to your father and is a relic of the Shadow Wars. He would have wanted you to use it.” The boy took the sword, testing how it felt in his hands. It was light, and easy to swing, he didn’t expect that from such a long blade. He placed it on the ground, running his eyes down the blade, admiring the ornate inscriptions, and the finely crafted hilt. Finally his eyes fell on the pommel of the sword, which was different from all others. This pommel was a small orb made out of diamond, containing black, swirling mists.
The boy’s mother stepped out of the house, looking at her son. “Your father looked at that pommel in the same way you do now.” The boy smiled. “I’ll leave tomorrow, if you’re ok with it mom.” His mother laughed; “What am I, some old woman? I’ll be fine here.” The boy stood up, slipping the sword into its sheath on his back, and embraced his mother. “Its set then, I’ll leave tomorrow, and avenge dad.” The boy spend the rest of the night practicing swings, parries and stances with the sword, only going inside when it became too dark to see his targets. He went to sleep with a smile on his face, knowing his father’s murder would be avenged. Even if it cost him his own life.

-The next day-
The boy woke up to the smell of freshly cooked meat, eggs and bread- a filling and satisfying meal to start his day. As he walked towards the door, he noticed a small pouch. The drawstring had a magical glow to it. He stooped to pick it up, and as he examined it, his mother spoke from behind him. “It’s another relic of the Shadow Wars. Your father always went hunting with it, and he always came back with enough meat to last us for an entire month- I never knew how he fitted it all in, but I think that bag can hold more than meets the eye.” The boy hugged his mother tightly, knowing he wouldn’t see her for a very long time. “You be good, ok?” choked his mother, tears running down her face. “Don’t go joining any bandits.” “I won’t mom, don’t worry. I’ll return. I love you mom.” With that, The boy turned around and walked out of the house. Walking towards the gate, he heard an old man shout. “WAIT!!” spinning around, the boy looked at him, his eyes filled with curiosity. “You should join a guild. There are three guilds, one is in South District; the Heroes Guild, where the champions of swordsmen train, great knights hail from there. East District is home of the Mage Guild, where the finest of minds practice Magics beyond our understanding. West is the Archer’s Guild, where the sharpest eyed bowmen train, able to shoot an elk dead from the other side of a forest. I have nothing more to say to you, except… good luck.” With that, the old man turned away, hobbling into the village.

The boy Began towards to the Heroes’ City. His destiny awaited, and he knew what must be done...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

that will be the intro scene of the fate of heaven.
It will be a RPG where you must fight your way to heaven city and recapture it. We are making this for about 3 weeks now and the development is going really great... and we though that it is time to post some stuff here to show you

We have a team of 3 people.
1 does models, 2d art(textures and stuff) and leveldesign. 1 does scripting and a bit 2d/3d and i do scripting and leveldesign
We are still searching for people. we need someone for sounds(music, weapon sounds, etc) and 1 or 2 people for characters(also animating with bones) and someone for models.

We also have a development blog so everyone can read the progress of the game. We try update the blog at least one time per week... you can find the blog on: http://www.b-studio.nl/fate/

we also have some screens for you... some stuff are still WIP, like the trees they are from loopix but they are going to be home made trees...

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3809/image006km0.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3148/image007ho1.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3661/image008wd3.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5190/image009nn7.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1931/image010py0.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1985/image011qj5.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5561/image012gy8.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3213/image013up5.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7380/image014lg6.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8594/image015lr6.jpg

you can find more screens and some movies at our blog

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: Dutchie666] #87664
08/27/06 11:16
08/27/06 11:16
Netherlands
bstudio Offline
User
bstudio  Offline
User

Netherlands
yes and because we spend almost every day developing this game the progress is tremendous, i'm currently working on the menu and the grass code (wich is really annoing me right now) so expect more screens from us from now on

BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN.
Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: bstudio] #87665
08/27/06 16:17
08/27/06 16:17

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks good so far! Of course, I'm not going to point out the cliches... it's fine if you leave them in. It's a staple of RPGs, and if it's worked for every other one, why not yours?

Water looks great in that fifth screen. The levels also look all right, bt they lack a little bit of detail. These are WIPs though, and for the stage of development, they look great.

Good luck!

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: ] #87666
08/27/06 17:18
08/27/06 17:18
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Looking good Dutchie666 ^^
Quote:

Water looks great in that fifth screen

The same here, it looks great, is it the water effect from the sphere plugin ??
Quote:

The levels also look all right, bt they lack a little bit of detail

I also like the look of it but as Gorthaur said it lacks of some details
Your idea of the story is oke, don't worry, I've seen worse
Keep posting your updates Dutchie666, I'm really curious to see your progress

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: frazzle] #87667
08/27/06 17:34
08/27/06 17:34
Netherlands
M
michel Offline
michel  Offline
M

Netherlands
the water is from sylex, and the details, well it's still wip the houses are not finished yet we are going to add detail with models and sprites (like furniture, vegetation, doors windows etc.)

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: michel] #87668
08/27/06 20:12
08/27/06 20:12
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
looking really good, though it misses something VERY important to make it looks "realistic"... shadows!
some places they are, some places they arent, look at the houses themself, they cast shadows, they look great, but the crates at the waterplace, dont, they look like they float...

also, the stairs down the hill, imagine them with shadows (either baked, but using multitextures that could be hard, or sprites/models for that...

either way good luck!

regards,

PS: cool om een mede nederlander te zien werken aan een degelijk project ^_^

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: Dutchie666] #87669
08/27/06 21:07
08/27/06 21:07
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
okay..
i hte to say this, but its constructive so dont get it into the wrong place..
it looks below average, even for WIP...

not only are shadows missing partially or complete, the lightning is out of place and the level design is bland.
also, the trees look a little 2001 to me. and what ive read is the game nothing special either. all in all it still needs a lot work..

but the water is perfect

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: sPlKe] #87670
08/28/06 03:52
08/28/06 03:52
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
looks nice, i dont know how good of an idea this is but i have an way that might help with the lack of shadows on you terrain, turn your houses and such into map entities, then you'll be able to have the light mapping on them, but allso still turn stencil shadows on for the whole entity, just a suggestion.

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: lostclimate] #87671
08/28/06 05:22
08/28/06 05:22
The Netherlands
D
Dutchie666 Offline OP
Dutchie666  Offline OP
D

The Netherlands
ty for all the comments, we can really do something with that
for the details: we are going to look later to that, what we have is a basis now where we go build on further...

about the shadows... they are missing, we are still looking for a good way to show them on the terrain, lost climates idea could be good. but we are already using map entities for the buildings and the shadow flag won't cast on the terrain...

@spike: the trees now are from loopix, we just use them as temp. we are going to make new trees later... if we don't add trees now i looks really empty but everything will be filled with models and stuff also...

Re: The Fate of Heaven [Re: Dutchie666] #87672
08/28/06 06:18
08/28/06 06:18
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
map entities generally aren't the greatest idea now that gs has such great collision with models.

the screens do look bland, but it is good to see you actually have some up and running. water looks great. i couldn't be bothered reading past the first section of the story (up until orrin dies or something). i'm sorry to say i didn't enjoy reading it, but fantasy rpg style really isn't my cup of tea. i also fail to see why they can't have real names, but all rpg's do that anyway

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de