by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... #84007
08/01/06 07:01
08/01/06 07:01
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

You knew it was coming....the thread.

Official confirmations have been released. Heath Ledger is signed for The Joker and the official title is "The Dark Knight." Not BB2: TDK...just TDK.

As for the other cast. Bale, Caine, and Oldman are all back for their roles. There will be a 2nd villain...The Penguin. Phillip Seymour Hoffman has been offered this role, but an insider(a reliable insider that leaked this Ledger casting 2 weeks ago and also leaked that Katie Holmes and Ken Watanbe were cast in the first one) say he might pass.

Of course, District Attorney Harvey Dent will be in this and will make his transformation into Two-Face for the third film(and probably in the third film). The most recent rumored actor up for that part is Ryan Phillipe.

Anyway, that's it for now. As always, keep up with the latest here: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Quote:

BURBANK, CA, 31 July 2006 – As a follow up to last year’s blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama Memento, which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller Insomnia, starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on The Prestige, with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick’s The New World. His other credits include Little Women, Portrait of a Lady, Metroland, American Psycho, Laurel Canyon and Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun, which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama Brokeback Mountain. His other credits include Casanova, Monster’s Ball, Lords of Dogtown, The Brothers Grimm and The Patriot.

“Chris’ unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight,” said Robinov. “We also can’t wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker.”

“I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins,” added Nolan. “Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.”

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.

Nolan's "The Prestige" looks like it will be a knockout: http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/theprestige/

Check out the teaser and trailer to Darren Aronosky's "The Fountain" too. He was the director originally hired to film Batman: Year One but left to make this and Nolan and Batman Begins was born. The script to that is out there if you can find it: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thefountain/

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84008
08/01/06 13:50
08/01/06 13:50
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
what?! the beginning of the beginning?
i can understand sequels of good movies or some where story is left to be told. but this is getting rediciulous.
we all know how the villains (joker, penguin aso) died. why prequeling or explaining all this stuff again.

as a big batman fan (even liked the trashy series because it was way too funny) all of this is killing it.
while part one (a really good one and the one and only real batman movie) and part two where good, cloney and schwarzi killed the last bit of sense in this movies.

batman begins 1 was simply very boring to watch (the only good thing was his training and they should have stoped there ) and i dont give bb2 good chances based on what we heared so far.

of course it will get "darker" and "more shifted to an older audience" and blah, blah but to be honest i dont buy this anymore.
they said that about star wars as well and it was a piece of junk compared to the originals.

i still say not everything ever written into a book should find his way on the screen

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84009
08/01/06 14:49
08/01/06 14:49
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
im looking forward to this. i really really am. im just glad holmes isnt returning...
i wanna see more playboy wayne in this^^

Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84010
08/02/06 07:26
08/02/06 07:26
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

@Blattsy: These new Batman movies have nothing to do with the four older films. This is a relaunched, new franchise and a completely different continuity and aren't prequels. For comparison, the recently released Superman Returns was a true sequel to Superman and Superman II...right down to Marlon Brando coming back from the dead to reprise his role.

Forget about the death of Joker/Pengy from the Burton movies. Joker has been around for almost 70 years, so I think we can have another incarnation..it'll certainly be more accurate than Nicholson's silly take. It's already been stated that this Joker will be nothing like Nicholson's. It will be "very creepy and very extreme." In other words, as it should be. He won't even show up until halfway through and will have a full backstory.

Anyway, these new films are much better(assuming TDK maintains the high standard set by the perfect BB) and although some liberties have been taken, they are for the best and enhance instead of detract. Begins was very popular and many rank it as one of the best if not the best film of that year. It also made a ton of money with a very small advertising campaign(one of the smallest for this sort of film).

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84011
08/02/06 21:00
08/02/06 21:00
Eastern Washington State
Z
Zio Offline
Zio  Offline
Z

Eastern Washington State
Personally I don't care so much who the villains are, I just want more Batman! I'm a big fan of Bale and I think he plays a great Bruce/Batman.

I have to say though, I was worried when I found out Joker was going to be the villain. I was afraid of someone trying to imitate Nicholson. It's great to see they're taking a different approach and I think a creepy-Joker fits much better in this darker, more realistic series.

It feels great to have such a key part of my childhood remade so well. BB is one of my all time favorite movies, can't wait for TDK!

Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Zio] #84012
08/03/06 12:14
08/03/06 12:14
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
i think this is wishful thinking. i cant imagine (it still hasnt happened as well) a big company paying millions on licensing and then to transform and swap a whole running and selling product.

fact is that batman need to be rated 12+ years to attract most customers. so there goes everything that could make a movie dark or the joker some sort of scary villain.
same with movies like spiderman or star wars. if you aim for teenagers or the broad mass as audience you simply cant produce 3 things:
+scary and dark atmosphere
+complicated plot
+deep character development

i know how i was as a 14 year old and most important for me as for everyone else at this age where fast, easy and effect loaded movies.

so bb2 will be as spiderman3 or any other blockbuster in the last 4 years: a flat and hollow arrangement of special effects combined with a easy and predictable story and no real character development at all.

and this is ok because movies like this should be made as well. but to be honest i would rather see another batman

portfolio:
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Blattsalat] #84013
08/03/06 18:10
08/03/06 18:10
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

i think this is wishful thinking. i cant imagine (it still hasnt happened as well) a big company paying millions on licensing and then to transform and swap a whole running and selling product.

I don't think you understand. This IS a brand new franchise. Batman Begins has jack and crap to do with Batman, Batman Returns, B Forever, and B & R. It is not the same continuity. Yes, a big company has paid millions of dollars and essentially dumped an entire already existing continuity and started over. However, this is old news from about 3 years ago, yet you don't seem to understand that. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin completely ruined the old franchise. This is why they started over with people who actually care about the property and have done it justice. This is official info....WB has come out and said it's a new start(starting with Batman Begins), so wishful thinking my ass. TDK will continue this and take it even further into the darkness within this new Christopher Nolan/David Goyer created universe....as they should.

Quote:

fact is that batman need to be rated 12+ years to attract most customers. so there goes everything that could make a movie dark or the joker some sort of scary villain.
same with movies like spiderman or star wars. if you aim for teenagers or the broad mass as audience you simply cant produce 3 things:
+scary and dark atmosphere
+complicated plot
+deep character development

Batman is rated 12+(PG-13 in the US). The PG-13 of today is not the PG-13 of 10 years ago. Films that get that rating today would have probably been a soft R around that time. And, you're wrong on your 3 things that you can't have if you aim for a lower market. I simply don't know what a lower rating has to do with any of it, and given the fact that BB disproves this, as well as a multitude of other films, the point is moot. Also, they aren't aiming at a lower market, and there's no reason to make it R if it doesn't need to be. There doesn't need to be a bunch of unnecessary swearing, sex and nudity, or extreme violence to make a Batman film. Also, the US versions of "The Ring" and "The Grudge" scared the living hell out of a lot of people, and it was rated PG-13. A perfectly, dark and spooky Joker can be done in a 21st Century, PG-13 movie.

However, neither one of us has seen what they are going to do with it, nor seen an millimeter of footage given they haven't even started, yet. So, let's not get too positive or negative either way until we do. However, I'm not going to play the negative card for reasons that make little sense or go against what I know to be true.

Quote:

so bb2 will be as spiderman3 or any other blockbuster in the last 4 years: a flat and hollow arrangement of special effects combined with a easy and predictable story and no real character development at all.

and this is ok because movies like this should be made as well. but to be honest i would rather see another batman

BB1 was not a "flat and hollow arrangement of special effects combined with an easy and predictable story and no real character development." The characters were well developed, and most of the special effects were practical. There was little CGI in it. The entire collapsing train sequence at the end was a large model that was enhanced with a few CGI tricks(mainly compositing).

Anyway, you haven't seen Spider-man 3, and you have no idea if it will be "flat and hollow." The first two certainly were not. Those two films were about as great of a Spider-man movie as you're going to get.

You are going to see another Batman, and it's called The Dark Knight.

Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84014
08/03/06 20:39
08/03/06 20:39
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
brat´s right thats all i can say...

Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84015
08/03/06 21:11
08/03/06 21:11
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
the problem starts if you think movies like spiderman are good ones. I was bored to death or wished i would go deaf so at least i wont have to hear all the babbling.
Though i like comics i dont think that they should be copied 1:1 onto the screen since movies have other fields to cover then a book can do (and the other way round).

i also dont agree that "oh, this will all get darker and meaner and so on and so forth" promoting of the companies. none has so far and none will ever.

and the younger the sequels are the worse they get.
alien 1 was one of my favorite movies -> AvsP was a [censored] joke
anyone seen miami vice. now tell me more about how got sequels or remakes are that are "daker" then the original

same goes for bb1. its not bad while he is in training (also thanks to his tutor) but everything else is just boring. and its not "meaner", "more vicious" or "darker" then batman 1.

the point about the rating is simple:
you dont present the same dish for different audience. while kids love pizza and burgers this doesnt have to stay that way.
and please dont tell me now either batman begins nor spiderman had a plot or any bit more of a story then my breakfast today.
making a remake puts you into a difficult situation because people know the stories, so you will have to find a balance between what is known and entertain them with twists and unexpected news that still fit into the sheme.

i get your point about that you think bb2 will not be a sequel or something similar because a new "team" is behind it.
but if ther is one thing i have learned from big companies: never change a running system.
if the old batman sells the old batman is what you will get and thats the end of story.
nobody pays that much for a lizense to rewrite it 100%.
first of all the risks are to high to lose the old batman fans and it simply doesnt pay off.

and even if everything would be rewritten and remade do you really think this movie will aim to a chosen part of the audience (people who like comics, action movie fans and so on). definitely not.
it will cover as much ground as it can to attract as much audience as it can.
and fact is that if you try to please everyone you wont have a good product.

batman begins 2 will need to be:
+easy to understand or no "once in a while" movie viewers will see it
+a love story or no female audience will accept 2 hours of leather wearing males on screen
+lots of effects (i am not talking about cgi...effect in general no matter how they are made) or teenager will rate it "lame"

this of course doesnt fit to all cinema users but does fit onto the broad market of them (80-90% maybe). and the company who bought the batman franchise will rather aim at those 80% then on the 20% left.

its like in the game industry. adventure titles are a dead nuttshell according to the publisher though this is not right. some of the best games i remember have been adventures or at least had lots of adventure impact.
the problem with those games are the needed involement of the player. you can not play any adventure once in a while or you wont be able to get suck into the whole theme.
result: the 230483948030849 world war shoter will be released next month and hit double platinum. and adventure games will not.

portfolio:
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Blattsalat] #84016
08/04/06 00:07
08/04/06 00:07
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

There must be some miscommunication here. I never said The Dark Knight(TDK) is being created by a new team and is being taken into a different direction than Batman Begins(BB). TDK is being made by the same team(director, writer, etc) that made BB and is a sequel to that film and will continue the arc(s) established in it. It will build on the continuity established in BB. And, just how Batman Returns was a much darker film than Batman 89, TDK will be a darker version of BB. With that said, BB was much, much darker than Batman '89(the first Burton film) and much more realistic(which was the aim of not camping it up and using true costumes with the villains...Joker in TDK will not necessarily be a purple suit wearing fool, although that remains to be seen).

B89 was just downright silly in places. Nicholson's Joker is not The Joker as he should be potrayed. Yes, he looked like him and laughed it up and had his little electrocution buzzer and an accurate origin(in regards to how he became Joker), but the behavior and stupid Prince soundtrack completely contradicted everything else. It's Hollywood legend that Nicholson basically did what he wanted to do, and would take no direction from Burton on how to do it. In some instances he got it right(early on), and then he just turned into an idiot. If you want to witness an accurate potrayal of the character, watch Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker(Uncut version) or watch the episode of Batman: The Animated Series called "The Laughing Fish." That's the psycho, not silly Joker that they will hopefully aim for in TDK.

There will be a third film, and likewise it will continue what transpires in TDK. Two-Face will be the primary villain in it. Harvey Dent(who becomes Two-Face) will be a major character in TDK and if rumors are true, The Joker will play a hand in his transformation in the 3rd film.

Quote:

AvsP was a [censored] joke

Yes, but it has nothing to do with either the Alien or Predator franchises. It completely overlooks continuity(set forth by those films), and the director is a hack by the name of Paul Anderson(Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Soldier, and Event Horizon(which I consider his only decent film)). If you hated AvsP, then you're going to love the sequel. If the script review I read is true, then it takes place in Texas and a bunch of stereotypical type characters do battle with the Predien hybrid thing that was born at the end of AVP. I think there's even a scene that takes place in a Wal-mart of a type of store like it.

Quote:

making a remake puts you into a difficult situation because people know the stories

Yeah, but they aren't remaking anything. There are 70 years worth of Batman plots. Literally, thousands of potential directions or inspirations to choose. They aren't remaking the 89-97 movies. Batman Begins was primarily based on 3 comics stories(The Long Halloween for Scarecrow, Year One for the basic premise, and the other I forget...it's from the 70s but it's one of the early days of Bruce Wayne stories and shows how he trained. Anyway, the first hour training portions of BB is inspired by that).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de