mouse range! A7 7.8

Posted By: jumpman

mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 18:07

Hi everyone,

this is driving me nuts! I have LiteC script working to click on entites, but I cannot change the mouse_range variable anywhere! If I use:

mouse_range = 180;

I get a compile Syntax error : "Cant convert GETPVALUE:FIXED::."

however if I use:

var mouse_range = 180;

The code compiles correctly, but the range doesnt change from the default 2000.

Anyone know what Im doing wrong?
Posted By: 3run

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 18:21

Hi!

Run this code and press space. It works for me (latest A8).
Code:
void main(){
	level_load("");

while(1){

mouse_range = 1000;
		if(key_space){
			mouse_range = 100;
		}

DEBUG_VAR(mouse_range, 100);
		wait(1);
	}
}

If this doesn't work for you, I highly recommend you to start using A8 (at least free version) for multiple reasons. First of all, it's the latest version of Acknex. Secondly, forum is almost dead and users left here (most of them) a using latest version (I assume).

Best regards!

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 18:29

that doesnt work, gives me the same error. mouse_map, mouse_mode, both work, except mouse_range mad

Does A7 lite-C code work with A8? Or are there alot of syntax changes too?

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:13

No, it doesn't have huge differences, but some stuff might not work and will require some adjustments. F.e. one of my older projects made with A7 didn't work, cause it wasn't written correctly grin But anyway, I highly recommend you to update to A8, cause your projects will be more stable.

Best regards.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:15

Quote:
mouse_range
, bug in A7 or perhaps in your A7 version? Are you sure you set the mouse_range value low enough when testing?

Quote:
Secondly, forum is almost dead
, I think you meant to say, undead

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:16

Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
Quote:
Secondly, forum is almost dead
, I think you meant to say, undead

grin grin grin

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:23

lol

What kind of things did you need to rework to get it working in A8, @3run? Just curious.

Reconnoiter, I am using A7 Professional, 7.8. I think thats the latest A7 version.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:27

Originally Posted By: jumpman

What kind of things did you need to rework to get it working in A8, @3run? Just curious.
, according to the manual's Obsolete Keywords not so much, but I dont know how correct the manual is with that. That being said, if you have any syntax bugs in A8, we can help you (undead or not we are here to help grin ).

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:28

To be honest, I can't remember anything to specify, I changed to A8 years ago.

Greets.

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:42

I guess I need a few pointers from you guys, as to what I should do. So here's my concerns:

I consider myself a character artist, so I made the move from A6 to A7, mainly because I enjoyed using C-Script, as well as having bone weights on 3d models. Single bone influence makes all models look terrible. So making the move to A7 was helpful in this regard.

I am currently creating a base level in A7, with all the default scripts that I want for future games, mainly pathfinding and ent_animate code. I am porting old code that I have from A6 into A7. Until I ran into this mouse_range quirk.

Should I try to port the code fully into A7, then make the jump to A8 and port the code from A7 to A8? Or should I stop porting it now to A7 and just buy the upgrade to A8 and work on it there?

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:46

I advice you don't waste your time and start converting (migrating) to A8.

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 19:50

Do you work for Acknex 3run??? JK tongue

I think thats what I will do. Thank you for helping me.

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/19/16 21:01

Do you work for Acknex 3run??? JK tongue
grin grin grin

At least we'll be able to help you.

Greets!
Posted By: alibaba

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/20/16 15:32

I'd advice you to install 3DGS on a different path and try again. Maybe your acknex.h is broken or was once edited

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/20/16 17:56

hey Alibaba, I was able to fix that problem, by installing it in another path.

Re: mouse range! A7 7.8 - 10/20/16 21:00

Hey, just wanted to update you guys, Ive ordered the A7-A8 upgrade and I am waiting for my key file to continue.

I was able to get my old pathfinding code to work from A6, which now works in A7!

I am hoping they dont forget to give me my key, I am hopefully going to be able to use A8 without much changes to the code.
© 2024 lite-C Forums