How to create an executable?

Posted By: Ruben

How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 05:15

I developed my game to a certain degree. However, it is hard to communicate with my long distance team members about where the game is now, without something to show them. I would like to make my game up to this point into an executable file, to be able to send to my team members, so that they can play the game as it is, to give them an idea on where the game currently is.

Does anyone know how to make an executable of the game that I have made up to this point?
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 05:27

In wed or sed you can publish your script, creating an exe for it (you cannot do this with the free version iirc).

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 06:04

I opened up my SED file. I clicked the File button, and clicked the Publish Main Script option. A box came up. I clicked OK a few times, and then it ended. I tried finding the name of my game file with a .exe file extension, but I cannot find it. Do you know where to find the executable file of the game SED file that I published?

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 07:22

I did find a folder with my game file title with a .cd file extension. I put this in a compressed zipped folder, to send over yahoo to my team members. The problem now is that yahoo will not let me e-mail it to my team members, because it says that the attachment has a virus.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 07:33

password protect it and their scanner shouldnt detect anything, otherwise delete some dlls, if that doesnt work upload it on mediafire laugh
Posted By: sivan

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/27/13 09:27

offtopic: I have not used yahoo since about 1998 grin

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/30/13 19:46

Do the people opening up the executable have to have Gamestudio installed on their computer to run it?

Also, can the executable work with the Mac OS X operating system, or just Windows? I am assuming just Windows.
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/30/13 20:37

Originally Posted By: Ruben
Do the people opening up the executable have to have Gamestudio installed on their computer to run it?

No, they don't.
Originally Posted By: Ruben
Also, can the executable work with the Mac OS X operating system, or just Windows? I am assuming just Windows.
Currently GS supports windows exclusively. Android support might follow...

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/30/13 21:29

I thought I correctly published my game so far. In my main Lite-C script SED file, I clicked the File tab, and clicked on the Publish Main Script option. This box came up that looked like it was compiling. I pressed OK. A folder was then saved in the folder that I have all my Gamestudio files in, titled the name of my main script.

I placed that folder in another zipped folder under the same name. I then saved it on WireFire with password protection.

How do people run the executable? Do they have to open the main script file (SED Lite-C Script file) saved in the zipped folder that I placed on WireFire, and execute the program from there?

Am I even doing this right?

Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/30/13 21:42

The folder should contain an executable, a .exe file. This what the users should start.

Re: How to create an executable? - 09/30/13 22:11

The only file types that I am able to see in my gameFile.cd folder are:

Lite-C Header
MDL Model
WMB Compiled Level
PCX FIle
Application extension
Lite-C Script
DDS File

I do not see any file in the gameFile.cd folder that has the EXE file type.

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 00:49

I tried publishing my main script all over again, and I am still not receiving a .exe file in my gameFile.cd folder.

Is it supposed to be called gameFile.exe ?
Posted By: Superku

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 00:51

What's your GameStudio version and edition?

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 00:55

SED version: 8.10.1
(c) Conitec (www.3dgamestudio.com)
Atari, Inc (www.atari.com)
Gustav Nordvall, Tranås, Sweden

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 01:03

My WED states this:

Gamestudio Team Comm 8.40 / WED V6.961
Copyright (c) Conitec Datensysteme GmbH 1999,2011

My MED states this:

MED Version 6.922
Copyright (c) Conitec Datensysteme GmbH 1999,2011

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 01:06

If this is not the information you are looking for, how do I find the version and edition of the Gamestudio I have?

I tried looking through the GStudio8 folder in my Programs folder in my C drive, but I have having a hard time finding this information in there.

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 01:08

Ok when you publish your game, have you checked the content of the publish dialog/ process? AFAIR it normally lists that your *.exe has been generated, too.

It's unlikely but have you tried to deactivate your anti virus program? Maybe it deletes the *.exe file on creation.

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 01:39

This is all that shows up in the Publish box after it supposedly compiles the exe:

Project Files:
1. orcstronghold3.c
2. acknex.h
3. litec.h
4. compat.h
5. atypes.h
6. afuncs.h
7. avars.h
8. default.c
9. inventory.c
10. cursor.pcx
11. spell.dds
12. StrongholdArena.wmb
13. Player.mdl
14. StrongholdMain.wmb
15. Stronghold2ndF.wmb
16. StrongholdTemple.wmb
17. bloodpool.pcx
18. palette.pcx
19. AnimatedFlame.mdl
20. TorchHandle.mdl
21. StrongholdDoor.wmb
22. Medieval DDoors.wmb
23. CastleTorchFlame.mdl
24. MedievalMace.mdl
25. AnimatedFlame2.mdl
26. armor knight.mdl
27. wizard.mdl
28. ogre.MDL
MAP Entities:
Autobind:
1. Skipped: C:\Users\Ruben\Desktop\Backup Files\Gamestudio Working Files\acknex.wdf
2. C:\Program Files\GStudio8\d3dx9_42.dll

subdirectory created:
c:\users\ruben\desktop\backup files\gamestudio working files\orcstronghold3.cd\

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 02:36

Is "Compile EXE" checked?

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 02:51

When the Publish box first comes up after selecting Publish Main Script under the File menu? Yes.

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 06:40

Please try to compile and publish another project and check if it works there.
Posted By: Scifi

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 08:05

I don't know if I'm right but here is a piece of information from the Gamestudio page.

Quote:
The Team Editions are based on the Commercial or Pro Edition, but don't include the license to publish and distribute games. For this, an additional single edition is required. Team Editions for 3 or more seats at a fraction of the normal edition price can be ordered in the online shop or by email to info (at) 3dgamestudio.net. Students can upgrade their team editions to personal full editions at a reduced price.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/01/13 13:43

Originally Posted By: Scifi
I don't know if I'm right but here is a piece of information from the Gamestudio page.

Quote:
The Team Editions are based on the Commercial or Pro Edition, but don't include the license to publish and distribute games. For this, an additional single edition is required. Team Editions for 3 or more seats at a fraction of the normal edition price can be ordered in the online shop or by email to info (at) 3dgamestudio.net. Students can upgrade their team editions to personal full editions at a reduced price.

yes, that is the reason

Re: How to create an executable? - 10/14/13 06:42

Yes Scifi, you are right. Thank you. I have to get the non-team version to publish games.
© 2024 lite-C Forums