Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition

Posted By: NITRO777

Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition - 09/23/13 22:59

I am working with free edition 8.4, I am sure the problem is not in my scripts I have even tried scripts from AUM which I have seen work on other editions. On doing a simple move action my player is walking through blocks and when I made simple gravity scripts my player falls through level blocks. These are not models they are level blocks. I am pretty sure the scripts must be good they have been copied from the AUM. I am sure collision is good in this engine, but I dont understand why I cant get it to work in free edition.
Posted By: 3run

Re: Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition - 09/23/13 23:05

Try to rebuild the level with WED? Just a quick thought.. Or show us a demo, which we could try out.

Greets
Posted By: Denn15

Re: Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition - 09/24/13 10:56

i had this problem a while ago. turned out that it was something with the compiler settings in WED. fixed the problem by resetting the settings to default settings
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition - 09/24/13 13:20

That was it! When resetting to default settings collision worked fine. Because I have spent a long time away from scripting I was trying to figure out what I did wrong for hours. Thanks!
Posted By: CanadianDavid

Re: Collision doesnt seem to work with the free edition - 09/25/13 06:38

For anyone else with this problem, the exact fix is to turn the Create Meshes flag on under the advanced compiler options.
© 2024 lite-C Forums