Highlighted models on the level

Posted By: 3run

Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 06:29

I'm having problems with models (sprites as well) in my level, they are too bright, I was facing this before, but that was caused by "material" flag set up in model's skin. For now, models have only one skin, there is no material flag set on in MED and no shaders assighned. But they are still highlighted. May be someone faced this problem too? Need some advice here.
Here are screens:
First:

Second:

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 07:19

set the Unlit Flag for them.

Edit: but make sure you have a dynamic light in your level, not only static.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 07:22

I did that already, they became darker, but even so, they highlighted a bit.. Is there any other way to fix this?
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 07:27

Set ambient to -100

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 07:35

Also tried that, doesn't work. I have no idea, is this kind of lightning bug?

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 07:47

Originally Posted By: 3run
How, models have only one skin, without material or any shaders.

Just to make sure, did you also look if there is a material in the MED skin editor? Sometimes bought or downloaded Models have a Material assigned to them directly in Med.
Posted By: Ayumi

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 08:20

Try Steps:

- set material unlit
- set flag UNLIT
- don t cut the model with other model
- model have to set above zero point in MED
- look PVR(Engine lightening)

and no, it isn t a bug;)

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 08:45

chris_oat, sorry I've made some mistakes, I've changed first post and no, there is no material flag set on in MED.
Ayumi, I'm happy to hear that this isn't bug grin about steps, until doesn't help (and it doesn't need to, I guess, static lightning needs to affect on models, or am I wrong?). What you mean by cutting model with other one? And what for should I look in PVR? Thank you.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 09:03

is the red light a dynamic or static light?
what happen if you do the following:
- Make the red light dynamic if you made it static
- set sun_light to 0
- set the level ambient to 10 10 10
- set the unlit flag for all models

what is the result?

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 10:00

Yes, it was static, I use only static lights, cause dynamic lights can pass throw walls.
I've made changes which you've said, I've set "sun_light" via script and in WED to zero, and I've set unlit flag for all models, same I've lowered level's ambient from 30 till 10. And I've replaced static red light with dynamic one (same color and range), here are the results:
First:

Second:

Third:

Then I've lowered ambient till zero, so sun light is black and ambient is 0, here are results:
First:

Second:

Third:

They look much closer to what I need, but four problems:
* they are too dark (if I play with ambient, they highlight again)
* I can't use static lights (this is cause I've used unlit flag, I don't like it really)
* dynamic lightning looks terrible, and it passes throw walls
* cause I'm using unlit flag for sprites (without it they are too bright as well) they are dark
Posted By: Ayumi

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 10:02

The PVR lightening is calculate by ground plane and other models, whose react with other models(cut?contract?react?...don t know, how to discribe it:D).

Try to set UNLIT flag + material unlit(together)-(all models)
Set a Ground Plane below.(Static block flat rendered)

Quote:

(and it doesn't need to, I guess, static lightning needs to affect on models, or am I wrong?)

you are wrong.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 11:14

I did everything you've said, results are same as with the last one. Too dark, and I can't use static lights.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/29/11 15:53

Any ideas? I can't move on cause of this stuff.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/30/11 07:42

OK, thank you all, I've fixed this myself.

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/30/11 07:45

Well, how'd you fixed it? Could be helpful for others who did/will experiance the same problem.
Posted By: mireazma

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/30/11 08:21

Why would a dynamic light pass through walls? crazy (Haven't used one so far)

Re: Highlighted models on the level - 06/30/11 09:46

I was setting "sun_light" to zero right before loading level in main script, and after loading level, I was calling function, which handles weather (fog, lods etc). I've made it long time ago, and I always just include it in my projects, I've completely forgot that I've set "sun_light" to 100 in that function. So, problem was simple as hell (problem was in me, I'm too inattentive). About dynamic lights, I think they pass through walls if you create them during run-time (calculating lights and so on, would be slow, if they don't pass), but I might be wrong.
© 2024 lite-C Forums