Nintendo Switch / New Zelda

Posted By: old_bill

Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/03/17 06:57

So the Switch is finally here, along with the new Zelda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

Anyone had some hands-on yet?

While considering myself as a Zelda fan from the early beginning, I'm a little bit worried about the reports of stuttering graphics...?
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/04/17 14:50

Seems like a pretty solid console, I like its flexibility. Its handheld screen seems small (6.2 inch) to me however, though I guess this is probably so people can put it in their pockets. And its battery is ok (~2 hours of gaming I read somewhere, but dont quote me on that). Biggest weakness of Nintendo devices (Wii, WiiU) to me is the lack of the amount of non-Nintendo big/serious games, but maybe with the Switch this will change (of course if you only buy it only for the Nintendo titles this doesn't matter).
Posted By: sivan

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/04/17 16:21

it will be easier to develop for Switch as supported now by both Unity and Unreal (from latest version 4.15). it seems to be a really cool console.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/10/17 14:17

The devkit is also reasonably priced I hear (~500$ afaik).
Don't know about availability though.

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/15/17 12:21

as I have read this year they will give permission only for qualified developers who have already made several good quality games...
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/15/17 15:02

Originally Posted By: sivan
as I have read this year they will give permission only for qualified developers who have already made several good quality games...
, do Acknex games count as quality games? grin

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/16/17 08:19

AAA !!!

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/16/17 08:21

Nintendo want to have only great games to attract users.

they plan to develop the Gamestudio SDK only next year grin
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/16/17 10:30

Originally Posted By: sivan

Do you have a source on that?

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/17/17 14:54

through unreal forum I found an interview somewhere with the communication guy of Nintendo...

Re: Nintendo Switch / New Zelda - 03/17/17 15:06

...but can't find it. maybe it was a wrong info at the forum... in theory you just have to give the final product to Nintendo for evaluation
© 2024 lite-C Forums