Endless Adventure

Posted By: mk_1

Endless Adventure - 07/17/14 07:06

Please help me expanding the game: Endless Adventure

Endless Adventure is a simple text adventure game with a twist. Text adventures have a long history and are very simple games. The player is confronted with a situation and has several options from which to choose. Depending on his choice the story unfolds in different ways.

In Endless Adventure the gamers can extend the story by adding new choices to the game. That way, the story can take any course the players can imagine. If you encounter a text that has no choice or you think you have a great idea for a choice, feel free to add it. Note, that the story does only refer to the situations you've already encountered. Each and every choice changes the story path. Using the "go back" button and taking another choice is like being an alternate universe.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/17/14 08:26

Nice idea! laugh
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/17/14 09:06

I added some stuff, looks fun!
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/18/14 17:15

This is a simple but cool idea, I like it. Gonna give it a shot.

EDIT: Okay, this is a ton of stupid fun. I'm going to share this with some friends and see what happens. You might want to increase the limit from 6 answers to 10 or so though, as this thing gets more filled out I suspect people might get annoyed that there's no opportunities to expand on the story.

On a different note though, there's a comma on one of the answers in the very first question that shouldn't exist. What have I told you guys about relative clauses and commas in english...

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/19/14 12:41

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
On a different note though, there's a comma on one of the answers in the very first question that shouldn't exist. What have I told you guys about relative clauses and commas in english...

Indeed laugh There's a notify button for that. Maybe I'll expand to 10 options per situation, but if you have too many options there're too many story lines to continue and the stories themselves are shorter than they should be.
Posted By: Kartoffel

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/20/14 16:09

I REALLY like the idea but it would be a thousand times better if there weren't some ppl who try to be "funny" and add sensless bullsh*t to the story -.-

well, I'm on the internet, what else should I expect...

edit: maybe you should make two seperate stories, one for all this sensless/funny/whatever stuff, and another storyline where the ppl have to confirm that they keep it serious and beliveable.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/21/14 10:35

i like it too. laugh

maybe a voting system for the best options could help? and the top5 get displayed a lot bigger or something like that?

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/21/14 10:51

Originally Posted By: ventilator
i like it too. laugh

maybe a voting system for the best options could help? and the top5 get displayed a lot bigger or something like that?

Yes, a voting system will follow. I'm currently deleting all the (overly) funny stuff.

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/21/14 14:52

Thanks, I hope people will stick to the rules and keep the story serious (AND logical).

The most stupid shit I've seen yet:

Neither serious nor beliveable or even remotely funny in any way, choices and storylines like this one are just fucked up and ruin the whole project.

edit: omg, I just realized that you can use a similar concept for games.

Gotta try making a game with a similar user-contribution-feature >_>
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/23/14 18:51

Personally I thought that was fucking hilarious. And what's the point of a project like this if you insist on tight control and moderation anyway, if people want to write bizarre shit, let them.

Originally Posted By: Kartoffel

Great idea, you should call it Minecraft.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/24/14 15:28

Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
edit: omg, I just realized that you can use a similar concept for games.

i also immediately had some ideas for games when i saw this. laugh

but the great thing about "endless adventure" is it's simplicity and with graphical games it gets a bit more complicated.

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/24/14 18:46

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
Personally I thought that was fucking hilarious. And what's the point of a project like this if you insist on tight control and moderation anyway, if people want to write bizarre shit, let them.

Well, I'm not trying to be grumpy and I have to say that I really like black humor, but seriously,
that part of the story is not humorous. It's not even funny, it's just messed up and uncreative.

Reading the beginning of the story it's obviously meant to be an interesting, creative and immersive storyline.
(at least in my opinion)

But reading what some ppl add to the story just fucks up the immersion and causes me to stop playing this game.
Posted By: Error014

Re: Endless Adventure - 07/25/14 11:05

Kinda reminds me of this xkcd comic (make sure Javascript is activated).
© 2024 lite-C Forums