Our 24 hour game jam entry!

Posted By: jumpman

Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 03:50

Hey everyone! I participated in a 24 hour game jam hosted by Games.com. I was able to work with two of my friends to create a rockin Rocket ship building game!

YOUTUBE VIDEO!

Its a little long, so you can skip to 6:50 for a successful build and launch run!

I dunno but it works: Youtube Link

We will be uploading an exe this week!
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 09:20

The graphics are nice but I have absolutely no idea what the game is about! laugh
Posted By: sivan

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 09:30

yes, I saw the video but did not understand what it is. maybe its strategy is too complex for me grin
but looks nice.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 09:55

Well, you build yourself a space ship to shoot astroids and a giant alien.

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 14:57

Yup! Hummel is right! And yes, you guys are right, the game is incredibly unintuitive! The whole point of the game is to build as much garbage around your cockpit to protect you from any potential asteroid strikes before you get to explode the master alien.
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 15:46

dafuq did I just see confused

grin

Whats the purpose of attaching random stuff to the ship? And whats the players role on this? And... why?
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/12/13 15:49

Awesome gameplay idea. I really like the graphics, too. Congrats. laugh

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/13/13 01:22

LOL Uhrwerk! We were given the theme "Launch", and we decided to go with rocket building. You stack garbage all over your rocket to protect your pilot, fly to space while avoiding asteroids, and crashing asteroids into your garbage instead of your cockpit. In the end, you ram your rocket/warhead into the alien and you win! The player controls the movement of the rocket, and the shooting of the parts!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
Posted By: Error014

Re: Our 24 hour game jam entry! - 03/14/13 20:26

Love it! Very creative, and it seems very fun, too! It's Galaxy Trucker in video game form (that board game, by the way, I recommend).

I also love title and title screen. Good job! laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums