Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD

Posted By: sPlKe

Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/08/11 07:24

This game is a complete mess. And all the patches in this world cant fix it.
Fun fact: A friend of mine is a Gothic nerd as much as I am a Zelda nerd. So he installed Gotich 3 and the addon with all patches. Now get this: Highes graphic settings available, game sruns with stable FPS and the occassional lag. So i figure, to make it work ebtter reduce graphcis quality a little.
Guess what: The game is slow and choppy as heck. so basically, with the ebst graphicsl settings, the game rusn smoother than with reduced quality.

ATI card of course. I think thats fun as hell XD
Posted By: FBL

Re: Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/08/11 20:31

Never had real problems with Gothic3. It ran fine in the release version.
Posted By: Harry Potter

Re: Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/08/11 20:48

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Never had real problems with Gothic3.
I agree.
I've played the "Gothic 3 GOLD EDITION" without any problems. And without copy protection. laugh
Posted By: Toast

Re: Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/09/11 05:27

Did you apply the Community Patches? Jowood granted them source code access so they could fix the problems left (which were quite a bunch). They also added tons of additional content and balance fixes. In the meanwhile they also fixed the rather unplayable Gothic 3 add-on...

You can find further infos here (German fan community whose members did the fixes):
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=586683

BTW:
I could play it just fine with the initial release patch only... tongue
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/09/11 12:16

i did apply the comminuty patches. thats what makes this funny. i did everything right and it is playable nicely. its jsut that when i lower the resolution settings, the game runs worse than in highest resolution XD
Posted By: FBL

Re: Fun fact about Gothic 3 XD - 08/09/11 17:47

That's unexpected behaviour, but funny..?
© 2024 lite-C Forums