Warriors of Gaming

Posted By: Joquan

Warriors of Gaming - 04/21/11 01:22

I don't think that this is against the rules, so here it goes.

I've started working on a gaming discussion forum, called Warriors of Gaming. We have boards for pretty much anything, and we're always trying to expand. So far, the forum itself has 2 members, which are both admins. (Me and my friend, we both work on the site off and on, however, I do more behind-the-scenes work) We have boards for anything from newly released games, to game development, etc. Not only that, but we also have reviews, articles, insiders, and game news, as well as several other features. I need help with the site itself, and the forum needs members. No, I'm not passing it off as a company. wink I'd appreciate any members who come in and post in the spare time, and it would be great if we could become as big as some of the other gaming sites. The site is at: http://warriorsofgaming.smfnew.com
Posted By: Quad

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/21/11 08:17

Generate quality content and users will eventually come. and get your own domain/hosting.
Posted By: PadMalcom

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/21/11 08:53

Jepp an own domain (with a shorter url!!!) will look more professional.

The design differs from the "home" page to the other three.

Videos on the first page help to make your site look more interesting. Maybe a note of you two to the begin of your new site? laugh

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/21/11 22:30

Quote:
Generate quality content and users will eventually come. and get your own domain/hosting.
That's the issue, I don't have a ton of extra free time on my hands, especially with finals coming up, and the stress of needing to find a new school (Mine's closing down), so yeah, that's why I need help.

Quote:
Jepp an own domain (with a shorter url!!!) will look more professional.
Actually, my friend and other admin had registered a .co.cc domain, so it would be more like: warriorsofgaming.co.cc

Quote:
The design differs from the "home" page to the other three.
See, I like the homepage design as well as the forum design, so I decided to have the homepage design the theme called "IceCube", and the forum design called "la Gusta", so yeah, that's why it changes.

Quote:
Videos on the first page help to make your site look more interesting.
That is an excellent idea. I'll do that! laugh

Thanks for both of your suggestions! laugh
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/22/11 14:29

If you don't have any free time to work on this project, why did you start it?

If you come up with an idea and want to make it a reality, you have to expect to do 99% of the work, at least for the first few months.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/22/11 15:27

I didn't say I have NO free time to work on it. It's just the fact that a lot of temporary diversions have come up, such as HS finals, school closing down, etc. Once those are settled, I'll be back to it.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/22/11 21:52

Originally Posted By: Redeemer
If you don't have any free time to work on this project, why did you start it?

/signed

@Joquan: That your finals are up now and that your school closes shouldn't have surprised you, in fact you should know about this since the last few months. Why don't you open the site when you have time to put it into it?

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/22/11 23:00

i like how it's like the time when he had that great game ideas but didn't have time/means, and asked other people to create is game for him. same stuff again.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/23/11 00:06

They didn't surprise me. That's all I'm saying, because I don't feel like arguing.

@Quadraxas - I never said that. I said I needed HELP with my games, because I couldn't do them by myself.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/23/11 16:42

yeah, it was like you were looking for "voluntary employees" for everything(programming,art etc.) except for your "epic story".

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/23/11 20:44

Because I needed help.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 16:31

Let's make sure we understand the difference between helping you and doing your work for you.

Helping you would be giving you advice, information, and perhaps simple assets on a need-to-know basis.

Doing your work would be putting a substantial amount of time into creating assets for you which you could then put to use anyway you please.

We will be happy to do the former, but you must do the latter yourself.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 16:45

To me, I think that helping can be advice or info, but it can also be working with me to create an awesome project.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 16:49

Actually, every conversation with Joquan follows the same pattern

1) A new awesome project which needs help
2) Trying to convince the people that they need to help because the project is awesome
3) All people are stupid and don't see the potential of the project
4) Repeat

You can thank me later for the spoiler.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 16:56

@Joquan: So if I asked you to help me with my homework, would you do it for me?

No, you wouldn't. You would explain to me what needs to be done, how to do it, and then you would set me off to do it myself.

That is exactly what we are trying to do with you. We will be happy to give you some pointers or advice, and then set you off to do it yourself. But you keep coming back, because you want us to do your work for you.

Well, sorry.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 21:00

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Actually, every conversation with Joquan follows the same pattern

1) A new awesome project which needs help
2) Trying to convince the people that they need to help because the project is awesome
3) All people are stupid and don't see the potential of the project
4) Repeat

You can thank me later for the spoiler.

You know, this is the step process that I want you to follow:

1) Shut up and stop trying to insult me.
2) Don't sit here and condemn ideas for no reason whatsoever.
3) Repeat.

[hr]

@Redeemer - Haha, actually I would help you get it done. That's just me. I believe that you can't just learn solely by words. If you're going to be this way, I guess I'll need to search elsewhere for help. I never ONCE said that I want you to do all of my work for me. I need extra help, because at the current time, I don't have the time to work on it.

I will also accept tips or advice as well, but I really need at least one person who can write reviews and articles. That's all I ask, I can do the website portion.

Sorry if that came off troll-ish, I'm just really mad right now.

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 21:06

Originally Posted By: Joquan
You know, this is the step process that I want you to follow:[...]

Re: Warriors of Gaming - 04/24/11 22:29

Originally Posted By: Joquan
Haha, actually I would help you get it done. That's just me. I believe that you can't just learn solely by words.

I wasn't talking about examples. Would you really do my homework for me? I'm almost certain you wouldn't, for two three reasons:

1) Ol' Teach would hate it. :-(
2) I wouldn't learn anything.
3) It would be a waste of your own time.

Here's something else you need to think about: why does anyone need to include you in this project? What's stopping anyone from copying this website in just a day? I mean, come on... In a nutshell, all you have do to build these websites is register an account at smfnew, install a theme, and create some sub forums. Even if you didn't have a fancy web gui to do that, that would be a 30min job at max. So what makes you so important to the project?

I ask that question because quite frankly, nobody likes following an incompetent leader.

So how about you prove yourself otherwise by doing the following:

1) Stop badgering people to help you with your own personal projects which you can't be darned to work on much yourself.
2) Start creating some real content yourself. Write some reviews in your spare time. Upload some videos. Populate your website with stuff YOU made.
3) It will be slow, but keep up this process until you attract visitors.
4) Wait until people start contacting you, asking if they can help with the website.
5) Watch your website grow.
6) PROFIT!
© 2024 lite-C Forums