Crysis 2

Posted By: alibaba

Crysis 2 - 03/24/11 21:39

What do you think about it? Is it worth playing?
Posted By: 3run

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/24/11 21:51

I didn't have a chance to play it myself, but friend of mine told me that it's sucks...
Anyway I'm planing give it a try in near future grin I hope it's better than previous one...
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/24/11 22:10

Well, it runs perfectly smooth on my M11X and it is way better than I thought, loved the Demo!
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/24/11 23:40

Probably pretty much the same run of the mill as Crysis 1, with slightly better graphics and one or two new moves. Yawn.
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 06:11

Only thing I found that was fun in the first one (or rather, the expansion to the first one) was 'Crysis Wars'. Not really because of the online, or that it was fantastic... It was just that you could bring the CD to a friend's place or wherever and install on as many computers as you liked, without any hacks or whatnot to get it working on LAN. I miss this in modern games, I really do.

As far as I know, in Crysis 2 - this doesn't exist.
Code:
assert(fun > 0)

I got a false assertion.

(Also, for the unlikely few who care - I'm still around [Oh no!] - Just ghosting, though.)
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 08:12

Like the first Crysis, this is just a mere graphics demo that happens to be playablae as shooter...

Its a crap game with nice visuals... like so many other games these days...
Posted By: Toast

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 09:44

From what I read it's supposed to be a pretty good game. With iirc 10-12 hours of singleplayer campaign it's longer than most shooters nowadays. The graphics are sort of a "downside" or in other words: It's not pushing itself too hard like the first Crysis did and often evens seems to fail to deliver the graphics quality of the first game. That's probably about also having the consoles as a system you need to port to and keeping the hardware requirements low (in contrast to Crysis 1 where the needed specs for high quality settings were insane)...

Gameplay wise they simplified some things (I smell console influence once again) and you now only can cloak and use the armor. I read that this isn't a very big downside though as you now play in a city anyway and the level design works in favor of this...

I cannot say much more about this - just as for the first title I don't really care about it. I'm looking forward for Duke Nukem Forever and Serious Sam 3... laugh
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 11:15

You're all being a little harsh. It's not my type of game, and I've played better games, but it is pretty nice in some aspects.

Of course, the graphics are what they focused on, but there was some nice things I've seen. For example, jumping, grabbing ledges and pulling yourself up is pretty fun, because it works so well and the jump is - if you have enough energy in your suit left - very powerful and fun.
The coolest part that I saw was when someone runs around a corner. The way the model leans into the curve and the way it's animated looks really cool. The animations are top.
You also get a nice replay of every kill which I think is well done. The graphics are good, with lower specs, I think they did a good job on that as well.

Of course every shooter where you play an american super-solider sucks in its story line. But then again you don't play those shooters for the story, do you?

I played a few rounds, but I had more fun checking out the level and lightning and running around (there is more than armor and cloaking, but there's only hot keys for these two, as far as I know) and checking out nice animations than actually shooting people.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 11:18

I couldnt really understand why so many people didnt like the first Crysis - the story wasnt good, the gameplay grew repitive after a while, and the main character doesnt have any character, BUT it still was a more-than-solid shooter, delivered a lot of action and, well, for me, great graphics DO make a game better. They cant make a crappy game a great game, but they can make an average game a good game.

However, for Crysis 2, I havent played it yet, but I can say it lacks what made Crysis special for me: The jungle setting. I'd have expected any setting - deserts, the polar caps, anything - but not an urban setting. This way, it lacks the open levels and freedom of choice, the unique tropical/exotic flair and everything. I think it's not Crysis anymore. It's like "The storyline of Crysis continued in a new game", but it's not Crysis 2.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 12:52

Gamestar gave it 90/100 points. 10/10 for the graphics. At the same time many complain that it is a DX9 game and not DX11 as expected. I have read so much comments from disappointed users.
The level design is not open like in Crysis and graphics are partially worse.

Besides that there were a lot of remains from the consoles version. The first screen was "Press Start to Play" as an example. Even the automatic aiming function had to be removed from the PC version via patch later.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 13:36

Their main focus was not graphics this time, it was performance and portability to consoles, this, developers themselves said.

I played the demo both on pc and xbox, imho one of the best looking xbox games so far.

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 13:39

This is what they say currently. Formerly they advertised the graphics and told that PC will be the lead platform much better looking. Fans trusted them and are disappointed now. Of course the XBox people are happy, no question.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 19:29

And Gamestar still gave it 90 points? Way to go...
Posted By: Slin

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 19:42

Well, the big money currently seems to be made on the consoles, so computer gamers can probably be happy that there at least are pc versions of some games. Which I think are mostly there, because it is usually no extra work to make an xbox game run on a pc, which makes it some easy to make extra money.
I didnīt play the game myself yet, but so far everyone told me that the gameplay is much better than in Crysis.

I would by the way love to see some directx 11 only pc game pushing current hardware to the limits, but I think that this has to wait until the next generation of consoles comes out, at least if there will be a next one...
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/25/11 20:12

there will always be a new console generation. "insiders" always say something like : "last generation" or "probably last console" but truth is, they are saying this since the NES days. some people just complain, and others will believe it. always...
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 04:16

This generation will seem longer than it is while we are passing through it, but in the end we'll see it isn't much longer than normal. This is partly due to the fact that game companies are not redesigning their consoles altogether with each new generation, but making progressive upgrades between generations now.

As for Crysis 2, I've never played the original, nor do I plan to play this one. My older brother is all for Crysis, but he doesn't know anything about what makes a game great...

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 16:57

So i finally buyed Crysis 2 and iīm BAFF!! The game is really great, grafically not that much, but the gameplay is awesome! You have so many choises to go to your destination. The AI is very smart. It still has some Bugs, but you wonīt notice them!
Also the Multiplayer is much different from BFBC2 or Call of Duty. Again you have a lot of tactical possibilities. The Syncro is also great!
I only can recommend this.
I only like games because of the gameplay not because of gfx.

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 19:12

The videos really look like it is a fun game. Still many people complain about a lot of things. They claim it is weaker than Crysis1 in many aspects, not only graphics, they wrote that areas are smaller, no open level design, way less vehicle combat, less physics, less destructible objects, less options to adapt system settings. Auto aim had to be patched away from the PC game.

All these points make sense to me. They had to optimize for consoles and had to sacrifice something. Many PC gamers just expected a new amazingly revolutionary FPS shooter. That is probably the reason why they are disappointed.

I personally understand Crytek from the deveoper point of view the same like I understand the gamers from their point of view. It is really hard to tell.

Anyway, Crytek did a great job to make a good multi-platform game. The question remains if that is enough to deliver the best PC game. But they did everything right to be commercially successful.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 21:44

singleplayer...

I bought it a few hours ago for xbox but I am deeply disapointed. I never played crysis 1 so I didnīt know anything about the principle of the super suit. But it is nothing more then a few tactic elements like in splinter cell, a little bit jumpīn run and very very bad shooting. A so shameful fucking bad elemental blood effect and the standard ragdoll.
The weapons have no hard feeling and the whole shit is extremly emotionless.
It is simply no fun - and the grafics...? I didnīt saw a big difference to the last core games like COD MW2 or even Killzone, the second (!). 70 Euros for a fuck shitting die game.

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 22:04

then... some freaks told me, that they didnīt liked bulletstorm. So I bought it, because I am a really great fan of GOW. Bulletstorm is not so cool from the grafics, not so tactical like crysis... but the language is cool (die you fucking cock suckers), you can really fuck the enemies so fuck shitting hard and it is such a great motherfucking fun.
I deeply disrespect games like crysis which want to tell me, that they are very hard and cool but are nothing mor then footage for old stupid moms and little girls.

That is exacly the best description for criysis 2.
Crysis is a fucking game for little girls which are very like to wear pink cloths

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/26/11 23:57

Could be, itīs not everybodys taste.
I liked the AI very much, if you play it deeply you can see it.
However, you are right, Bulletstorm is also really great. Especially the language, because even in the german syncro they still use words like fuck or shit.

Really great, but after a time it gets repetitive. But the Endbosses makes the game cool and fun.

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/27/11 10:59

I find another fact interesting from a business point of view: Crytek made their quite open shooter more narrow, like a rail shooter with more scripts to be more successful and to bring it closer to CoD and similar successful shooters.

At the same time shooters from Bethesda (Rage and Prey 2) do it exactly the other way around. Both used to be narrow rail shooters and become more open in terms of level design and freedom of choice. So who is right in the end? Wouldn't it be easier for the gamers when Crysis2 kept open or wided even more while Prey2 kept a corridor shooter using portals and gravity?

Sometimes the number of a game does not tell much about the relation between predecessor and the new part.
Posted By: Liamissimo

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/27/11 12:46

BTW: Bulletstorm rulez hard!

Re: Crysis 2 - 03/27/11 19:44

ok... now, I played it for 2 hours... this is my opinion...

Pure emotionless gaming, story pure fuck, boring voices and missions (like scan bio mass). Useless enemy design. As I drove the military truck, I crashed one soldier, killed him. When you drive the truck, the cam switches to a far distance (third person view)...
and 2 seconds after I killed soldier one... two new soldiers where created some meters beside (they simply poped up). And this creation process was visible. So this kills the illusion that you can clear all enemies in an area. Best way is to switch the suit to invisible... and only in sensible situations, you load your energy and switch to maximum shield power. With this simple way you can solve nearly every situation in minutes.
Why should I fight with the soldiers. When I killed one - the fucking engine creates the next in a near distance. This is shit, boring and sucks very much.
Just try something... go down on your knees in front of a pipe. Enemy soldier wonīt knee, they donīt see you... and you can kill them by shooting under the pipe in their legs.
Last really hard thing to accept... is the animation of the alien soldiers.
Sorry ... this is worse then the aliens animations of halo 1. No way... crysis 2 ... nice graphics, but no overkill grafics... and the sum of the production is deeply non respectable.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Crysis 2 - 06/23/11 03:53

uh ? ok we all know alpha_strike and why he thinks the dialog for bulletstorm is ahm.. 'good' which i strongly disagree with, i never played crysis1 because it looked and still looks... BORING, i'll only ever play that if i want to look at pretty stuff

i cant say i agree with most of the comments in this thread:

graphics: phenomenal, it still destroys almost everything on the market, even if it doesnt look as good as cry1, that doesnt say it looks bad because cry1 looked damn good and for me to spend minutes staring at models, water and leaves, they must be doing something right, also the cinematic scenes are epic, bridge breaking, entire park rising ..
- graphics i give it [ 9/10 ]

story: bleh, i understand the concept, suit as cure, blah blah, its not a bad story, but they couldve told it better, certain plot twists were rather good but you really only felt like you were playing through each level because you had to, story dialog was pretty average and not impressive but combat dialog was pretty good
- story [ 6/10 ]

gameplay: ahmm so the levels arent as open as cry1 but am sure they took this into account and you still have alot of freedom, just that i assume most ppl will do the same things all the time, i played the game in so many different ways, one mission i played and tried to not get the guards alerted at all, guards fire flares when theyre alerted and that causes reinforcements to spawn, which makes sense if youre being some loud rambo, you can actually see the enemies that fire the reinforcement flares and try to kill them before they do, alphaStrike said he actually saw when the new enemies were created but i never saw that so ahm, cant comment, for me, it was seamless, vehicle sections were however quite useless
- gameplay [ 8.5/10 ]

GUNplay: most of the guns feel pretty solid, hit sounds were good, headshots were crunchy, you have to understand that not all developers want their assault rifles sounding like AKs, it cant sound too powerful if they want you to know that its only moderately powerful, so i liked the sounds of weapons
- gunplay [ 8.5/10 ]

overall i give the game a 9/10 and i'm a big critic myself and generally judge games bad, this is the PC version ofcourse but i remember seeing it on a 40+ inch tv with HD and it looked amazing, only competitor i would say would be the unreleased battlefield 3

i fail to understand some of you guys comments but opinions are meant to be had i guess

ps. i still wont play crysis 1 =P

pss. the AI has its weak moments but other than that they have some of the best AI traits ive ever seen in a game, obviously there will always be a few flaws, they have their dumb moments but when it works, its great

psss. ahmm, i think alot of people loved the halo1 alien anims wink but i guess alot of people may just be "little girls which are very like to wear pink cloths" grin

Re: Crysis 2 - 06/23/11 08:34

Now get ready for the DX11 patch!! It will come out next week!! This looks so awesome! Check it out!

http://www.pcgames.de/Crysis-2-PC-213107...ickpoll-830780/

You can slide the pictures.
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: Crysis 2 - 06/23/11 12:38

yep, looking great .. as usual
© 2024 lite-C Forums