Minecraft Server

Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Minecraft Server - 11/18/10 17:43

I thought it would be a good idea to open a new dedicated thread for my Acknex-Community Minecraft server.

I have moved the server to some new hardware with better performance. Now the lags should be a thing of the past.

The new IP is:

Everything should be back as it was, only better!

It also now performs regular backups.

Have fun!

------

Map

Click for bigger version

------

Donations

I would like to dedicate this section to ask for donations in keeping this server up. The upkeep is 55 USD/month, I'll gladly put in 20 USD of my own, but it would be really awesome if some of you who play on the server could donate some money to the cause. Even a 1 USD donation would help!

You can donate by sending me money via paypal to:

michael[@]xware-cg[dot]com
or
paypal[at]xware-cg[.]com

It's not mandatory, but like I said, it would really help, since I am paying for this out of my own pocket.

Donations November 10 35.27 USD
Donations This Month (Dec. 10): 0.00 USD

Posted By: achaziel

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/19/10 11:08

gee, i'd love to help out, but i don't have paypal... =/

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/19/10 13:17

No problem laugh I'm sure someone else will donate something wink

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/20/10 23:59

1slin1 and JustSid are banned until Tuesday (Nov. 23rd) for using TNT irresponsibly (again) and causing damage to a structure. Both their mod statuses are being revoked after that, pending evaluation.

ReiAyanami2015 is jailed until tomorrow.

I am sick and tired of this shit. If asking nicely not to use TNT anymore is not going to work, then I hope that perhaps a punishment will deliver the message.

I understand that Sid and Rei were not directly involved, but failure to understand the gravity of the situation just shows me that they don't understand that using TNT "for fun" (or outside designated areas) is irresponsible.

I hope that in the future people will understand that if I ask nicely 10 times, the 11th time I stop playing nice.
Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 00:05

Aren't there mods that deactivate tnt, lava and fire? I think i saw something like that before.
But i totally understand what you mean, especially when buildings get involved it sucks.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 00:11

I don't want to autoban tnt/lava/fire as they are a good part of gameplay. You can quickly build a tunnel with strategically placed TNT, build a monster trap with lava or secure your evil castle, make a fireplace with fire.

But people have to be responsible using them, and not go "HURP DERP! TROLOLOLOLOLOLO I just blew up the building with TNT LOLOLOLOL!!!!111"

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 01:14

Can't play anyway. Well, at least not well, everytime I manipulate a block, I get the "Internal exceptation: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed" error. -.-
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 07:59

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz
I understand that Sid and Rei were not directly involved, but failure to understand the gravity of the situation just shows me that they don't understand that using TNT "for fun" (or outside designated areas) is irresponsible.

So, standing next to someone who pulls out two blocks of TNT, places them and then activates them is a crime?

I don't get it, look at your serverlogs, you cleared my inventory a few minutes before this and all blocks I cheated was snow. I had no TNT at all, I just played spleef with them when Slin did this.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 11:10

Well, it wasn´t my intension to cause damage to the building at all. The damage wasn´t too big and I would have been really willing to fix it, but thanks to you making it not changeable by other users, I couldn´t.
While I have no problem excepting my bann (hopefully gives me some more time to work productively on my projects :P), I don´t see a reason for banning the other two... As they were not involved at all. We´ll maybe Marian, for always making me loose tongue

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 16:34

After taking a look into the server logs, I have unbanned JustSid, but he will not get his mod status back until Tuesday.

Originally Posted By: JustSid
So, standing next to someone who pulls out two blocks of TNT, places them and then activates them is a crime?

Like I said:

Quote:
But people have to be responsible using them, and not go "HURP DERP! TROLOLOLOLOLOLO I just blew up the building with TNT LOLOLOLOL!!!!111"

Or to put it another way, as a mod you should have taken action to prevent the TNT incident. Being a moderator is not just about cheating yourself items and teleporting around. It's about responsibility.
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 16:47

So if a user places a TNT block and activates it, what can I as a mod do?
Am I able to prevent the detonation?
(I know that I can kick people, but that does not repair the damage to buildings etc.)

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 17:30

Originally Posted By: Xarthor
So if a user places a TNT block and activates it, what can I as a mod do?

I would like to know this to. I never had the time to write "/kick 1slin1" to prevent anything. And slin as a mod himself should have known what he did.

Anyway, thanks for unbanning me laugh
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/21/10 18:08

What are the white circles in the map?
NVM, I guess snow.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 02:09

Quote:

"Mit gegangen, mit gefangen" tongue

Kenn ich nur zu gut als ich mal von der Polizei mitgenommen wurde weil ich dabei war laugh

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 06:51

Ja, macht Sinn. Opfer von Terroranschlägen werden ja nachträglich auch immer als Terroristen identifiziert.
Das ist ja auch der einzige Grund warum alle so viel angst vor Terrorismus haben, vor zwei drei die sich mal alle Jubeljahre in die Luft jagen hat man ja keine Angst, aber wenn es plötzlich tausende werden frown

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 10:09

Man kann nicht immer alles in die gleiche Schublade packen.

Gesetzlich gesehen gilt das nun mal so, wenn man bei einer Tat mit den Tätern dort vor Ort war und diese auch kennt, zählt man vorerst nun mal aus Mittäter, bis geklärt ist wer der Schuldige war laugh

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 10:12

Wir hatten mal ne Unschuldsvermutung. Aber nachdem eh mittlerweile jeder sagt "Ich hab ja nix zu verbergen", ist es damit wohl eh nicht mehr weit.
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 13:44

I hope this isnt off-topis, but how the hell can I get onto this server?

From what I can figure, it LOOKS like you need a PAID minecraft acct in order
to get Mincraft running enough to punch in an IP address. Im not willing to go paid at this time.
I can play the primitive freeware one, but cant "get into" the new one at all...
I could be BADLY misunderstanding here though, it all seems a bit blurry...

Any advice, instructions, or links to help-pages, WILL be appreciated...
Thanx guys.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 13:50

yes, you need the paid minecraft version in order to be able to play in multiplayer wink

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 14:10

Thats what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation...
Posted By: jenGs

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 15:53

Hm, whats the point of playing in Multiplayer? What are the rules?

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 16:41

the rules:

1) worship and obey the mods
2) build shit
3) don't destroy other people's shit
4) ???
5) PROFIT!

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 17:20

Wir hatten mal ne Unschuldsvermutung. Aber nachdem eh mittlerweile jeder sagt "Ich hab ja nix zu verbergen", ist es damit wohl eh nicht mehr weit.

QFT and FullAck!

edit:
Schönes neues Wort über das man sich mal mehr Gedanken machen sollte: "Gefährder"

edit #2:
sorry für off-topic

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 17:23

Make money!
Create entertainment!
Amaze and be amazed by your fellows!
Achieve the impossible!

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 22:20

Am I the only one with this connection issue? According to various forums, there are many users out there with exactly the same error message, but there's no solution to it yet.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 22:34

do you have a pirated version? It won't work then.
I see that quite often how people try to connect to the smp server i play at and they always get a connection problem cause they didn't buy the game tongue

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/22/10 22:48

'Scuse me? Of course I bought Minecraft. -.-
But still, I'm getting the "Internal exceptation: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed" error nonetheless everytime I'm editing more than 4 blocks. feelsbadman.jpg

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 01:16

Just saying tongue

Also it sometimes helps if you set the render distance to normal or lower.
Dunno if you have it set on that anyway.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 05:32

Hm, I'll try that right away. Although I doubt that'll do the job.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 05:59

It solves a lot of SMP crashes if you DON'T set it on Far, so this could help.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 06:19

Nnnnnnope, still the good ol' java.net.SocketException after editing a few blocks, even on tiny render distance.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 16:20

Did you try reinstall the jre?

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 17:16

I think I did, but I guess I'll give it one more shot. Just to be sure.

Didn't help, so let's hope this will be fixed with the next update (according to notch's blog, that should be tomorrow)

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/23/10 20:28

D: exciting news!

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 09:08

Originally Posted By: Notch, Nov 23
So.. Update tomorrow, with working SMP health, including fighting monsters and other players.

Can't effin' wait.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 10:57

Its out tongue
But the Server is too old and refuses the connection... Michael, we need you! D:

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 11:03

And it won't for a while.

With an update like this one, basically all mods break, and I have to wait on updates on them. At least for hMod.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 12:40

Well.....

.... crap.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 13:03

im having a gaming session on the public server i was playing on, we started a private one with the new update, and its so much fun with damage! We are like 20 peoples and everyone collecting, fighting, building, etc grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 13:07

could you please post the ip? i'd like to test whether my issue is still present or not.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 13:10

the server we are currently playing on is private.

But i think our main server, discovr.us, is already updated too. Try this one.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 13:33

Weird, on that server, everything works perfectly fine. I don't know whether that issue was caused server-side or client-side, but I've played for 15 minutes now, editing blocks like a lunatic and not one single timeout.

Let's just hope everything works out fine on Michael's server too. As soon as the server is up again, of course.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 14:37

Aw, now I can't play anymore frown. Auto update tongue.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 17:33

Minecraft is a perfect example why auto-updates are sometimes really really freaking bad.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 17:42

Yep, I wish I could just keep the old version, instead of it auto-updating whether I want to or not.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 17:46

You can start a new world for fun and set back the old world when mod updates are out.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 18:23

What were these mods for, anyway?

edit: nevermind, just found a description for hmod.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 18:28

Preventing the world getting utterly griefed tongue

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/24/10 23:15

A tip, i just discovered this - When you use a patcher like the one that enables 32x32 textures (i think its called HD Patcher), then it patches minecraft back to 1.2.2 but won't update when you start it again.

There is a version file in the directory where the minecraft.jar is, maybe it is easy to change it to 1.2.3 too and keep the old client if you still have? I haven't opened it yet.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 02:10

Server is up again, but don't attack sheep. If you do, you will only do minuscule damage after that (i.e. 10 hits to kill a chicken).

You will die after your first login, just disconnect and reconnect, then everything should be back to normal.

Monsters are disabled temporarily, wanna see how (un)stable this new update is first.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 03:18

Monsters disabled? The best part on this update is that you finally have to be afraid of monsters and you disable it? D:

I'm playing this update with a bunch of people on a private server since yesterday when it got out (after the fix :P) and we had no crash yet so its pretty "stable". Hitting mobs can be a bit weird sometimes but most of the time it works really nice. And it's so much fun with monsters D:

But we disabled PVP since its quite hard to mine together without killing each other.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 03:34

It is scaring the hell out of me, monsters in caves. God, hunting iron has never been so thrilling.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 11:35

Enabled monsters.

Logged in to check.

Creeper blew up in my face.

Guess it works then.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 15:06

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I still get the same error message. Seems like it's a server-side problem, then.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 16:28

Can't really think of why this happens, especially since you are the only one this happens to. Sorry frown

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 18:39

Well crap, now I can't die AND I can't pick up shit anymore.

btw, suggestion for the spleef arena (mike knows)

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 19:58

Enabled monsters.

Logged in to check.

Creeper blew up in my face.

Guess it works then.

You made my day grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 20:54

Monsters have been disabled again, instead of adding to the fun, 20 creepers invaded Port Prosperity, and due to the terrible, terrible unfunctional update, they couldn't be killed in time.

Boom, boom, city gone.

Backup rollback.

Monsters off.

I'm waiting for the ability to designate Safe-Zones.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 20:56

Sounds reasonable.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 22:22

I don't know why you have so much trouble with your "update" and monsters smirk We keep playing with monsters on our server, have a giant castle and got intruded by creepers quite often but then we just gather and kill them. Dunno where the problem is.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 23:05

Moar light!
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/25/10 23:09

Notch should implement the option to turn off creeper explosions
damaging the blocks in Multiplayer.
The experience of danger is nice, but randomly destroying the
creations is not fun in a large multiplayer realm.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/26/10 11:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ0dXSECnjU

Let's build this tongue

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/26/10 13:53

Alright.

I have reenabled monsters, and disabled creeper explosions from destroying blocks.
To work around the bug that people get invisible after dying, they are now automatically kicked upon death, simply reconnect.

Also installed the latest update. Let's hope it works all now.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/27/10 09:42

Monsters reenabled? Neat-o, now we can build traps grin

Btw, could it be that creepers aren't dangerous at all anymore? I've been playing a little, and every creeper I encountered (and they all "blew up" in my face) just disappeared after touching me without causing any damage at all. I've been testing that with zombies too, those DO inflict damage. Weird, but I don't mind. Those creepers deserve their name, sneaky little bastards.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/28/10 23:01

My char needs to be reset tongue
I suffered the half-death bug.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/28/10 23:52

done

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/29/10 16:07

Can your Server run two Minecrafts at the same time?
Would be cool to have a world where everyone has
to really mine and craft his stuff, not just spawn it.
(like a "no cheating" server)

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/29/10 16:22

With the last update, spawning and cheating items has been disabled. You either have to buy stuff or mine and craft it wink
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 19:14

Update grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 19:55

I won't update the server until at least tomorrow. And even then I might still wait. For one, I want an official Hey0 Mod update. But mostly, I am sick and tired of those bugs that come with every update, simply because Notch is too lazy to just test his code for 5 minutes.

So I'm waiting until the current release becomes stable.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 20:30

Outdated client, yay. -.-

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 20:45

New server version doesnt work very well it seems, more crashes reported. And Ip stays in the input bar but you can't hold backspace to remove the ip :\. Not handy when on multiple servers.

On the bright side:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly
* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players
* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
* Made arrows visible and deal damage
* Hoes now produce proper seeds
* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding
* Explosions animate properly
* No more infinite free arrows
* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it
* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly
* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip
* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server
* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds
* You can now see sneaking players
* Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance
* Snowballs!!

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 21:12

For now, if you wanna continue playing on the server, make a backup of your minecraft.jar in

C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\

and then overwrite it with this one:

http://files.xware-cg.com/MC/minecraft.jar

Keep the backup for when I update the server later on.

Damn notch, he promised he disabled auto updates, oh well, good thing I don't trust him anymore any make backups every time a new update comes out.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 21:32

Nevermind, apparently the new Update managed to crash the whole Server farm, so now nothing works anymore grin

Edit: Back up!

Edit: or not.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 23:16

Its a game in development.
Of course the versions change rapitly then.

It will defenately have slower conflicting updates once its
fully released.

Re: Minecraft Server - 11/30/10 23:31

I don't really mind that he keeps updating. What bothers me is that he forces the updates on us and that he doesn't take a few minutes to test his stuff.

I don't ask for him to test his releases thoroughly or to only release bug-free updates. All I ask is that he takes 5 minutes to play the game, not 30, not an hour, just 5 minutes. So many of the mayor bugs that are present in every update can be found in less than 5 minutes and would radically improve the community perception of his abilities. Right now he seems to be simply fixing code, and if it compiles he uploads it.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/01/10 16:42

Oh well, somehow the server auto-updated, so I went ahead and installed the new hmod aswell.

Server is back up.

Also I'd like to point you back to the opening post, the donations for December are starting now. Please contribute if you can laugh

Edit: Nevermind, server hangs up after 2 minutes. Waiting for support to fix this.

Edit 2: Apparently the last update corrupted the map, support loaded a backup from 2 days ago and now it works like a charm.

Edit 3: I disabled monsters and animals for the time being. There seems to be a new bug with the latest server that spawns ten billion animals EVERYWHERE and 90% of all monsters are creepers. Which also spawn in the millions, it basically overloaded the server.

Edit 4: also players seems to be duplicating exponentially, so you might have a hard time finding the actual instance of someone. On the upside, it makes the server look more populated.

Edit 5:
http://images.xware-cg.com/minecraft/SNAG-0407.png
http://images.xware-cg.com/minecraft/SNAG-0408.png

it's bad, really bad.

Edit 6:

But kinda funny

Edit 7:

Care to play "Where's Waldo?" ? XD

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/01/10 20:16

lolwut

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/01/10 23:15

OMG thats awesome xD

Oh man notch is awesome, so entertaining to see all the weird new bugs when he releases bug fixes grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/02/10 11:32

There's none of these bugs on the other server I'm on tongue.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/02/10 16:24

The duplication bug should be fixed now wink

Insider joke:

<Bringsi> was machsde hier fefe
<xwcg> stealin ur diamonds
<ffefe> nach diamant suchen
<achaziel> LOL
<xwcg> LOL
<achaziel> OH THE IRONY

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/13/10 23:18

New IP:

we got too many unwelcome guests. it was Cra-hazy.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/14/10 09:49

Dude!

Im going to try getting on again in the next few days, but whenever Ive been on in the past Ive been alone so could get any on-line help...

So I'll ask now... (sorry if its a bit off-topic, or dumb, as Im noob at multiplayer minecraft)

1> Is there a "written" set of rules somewhere? (like 'dont use TNT on other peoples stuff!')

2> How do I know where I can start building MY 'home'? Ive screwed my spawnpoint already, and
it was on a island that seemed in use already...

3> It seems you can "buy" materials in MP, maybe... Is there any on-line doco about for this...

4> And do we still need to run a retro-version of the MineCraft.JAR or not?
(I couldnt get that to work, kept using the current version...)

Thanks dude, PM reply if Im badly off-topic in this...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/14/10 10:38

Hi,

1. Basically: A. Don't be an ass. B. Don't be a douche. C. Do. Not. Use. TNT. (= Autoban) D. Don't cheat or exploit bugs.

2. Wherever you can build and where there is space. You can go back to the boat with /spawn, to set your own homepoint do /sethome THEN you can use the /home command.

3. You can buy stuff when I am online, you can visit the shop though to check prices: /warp shop

4. Nope, just go with the most recent version of Minecraft.
Posted By: msmith2468

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/14/10 16:36

i got a quick question.

how do i get money. i dont apear to start with any? so dose this mean i cant buy anything until i make some money somehow?

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/14/10 16:41

Kewl, thanks.

I'll try and get on when I get home, if I aint too sleepy...

BTW, TNT = autoban... Is that a COMPLETE ban on TNT?
As in not even allowed for below ground mining and the like?
(just checking ... not complaining)

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/14/10 17:13

Originally Posted By: msmith2468
i got a quick question.

how do i get money. i dont apear to start with any? so dose this mean i cant buy anything until i make some money somehow?

sell stuff wink there are heaps of other players who have money, try to make business with them. Otherwise, if I am online, you can come to my shop and sell stuff there.

Originally Posted By: EvilSOB
Kewl, thanks.

I'll try and get on when I get home, if I aint too sleepy...

BTW, TNT = autoban... Is that a COMPLETE ban on TNT?
As in not even allowed for below ground mining and the like?
(just checking ... not complaining)

Yes, you can manufacture, place and sell it. But if you try to ignite it, it's an automated ban that I will not revert. I know it sounds very harsh, but due to repeated problems with people toying around with TNT, this seems to be the only measure that gets the idea of "NO TNT" into people minds.

Sometimes people need a kick in the head with a sledgehammer to get a message in.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 01:04

I know it's late, and maybe my tiredness is causing this stupidity, but I've come up with quite an interesting thought experiment. At least it's interesting to me.
Just to let you know, I'm not planning on doing anything on our server I'm describing now. But I still wonder....
If *I* place a block of TNT, wire it on a wooden pressure plate with redstone and let somebody else step on it, thus causing the TNT to ignite, who gets banned then? *I* wouldn't have ignited the TNT, neither the other one by stepping onto the plate, knowingly or not. Maybe I've missed some important factors I needed to count in, and as I said, I'm not planning on actually trying this, but...

I shouldn't think about shit like that when I'm tired.... Imma hit the hay now. Cya tomorrow.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 07:11

I think the rule is simply "don't PLACE OR ACTIVATE any tnt" grin

I like your thought though, it's like "oh i didn't shoot him, the weapon i bought from this guy did it".

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 09:09

To my mind, if you place it, no bad.

BUT, once YOU wire it up to any type of detonator, that is
"morally" the same as having detonated it.

Think on it this way...
Dude-A builds a brick wall, and Dude-B smashes his car into it.
Who is at fault,
1> Dude-B for driving his car on the highway...
2> or Dude-A for building the wall ACROSS THE HIGHWAY...

I go for option 2 myself....

[EDIT] or maybe option 3 = The city council for building the highway where
someone MIGHT build a wall across it...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 09:48

I think it triggers on those who placed the block. That would be my guess.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 09:50

I have some TNT left, shall we test it?

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 10:12

No.
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 10:58

Why dont you just remove TNT/the ability to detonate it instead of banning players placing it...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 11:27

First of all, you can still place TNT, as much as you like, build a house out of it for all I care.

Second of all, you cannot entirely ban TNT as an item, there are always ways around. (= inventory hacks)

and finally, TNT is being prevented from detonation, but the intent to detonate it alone shows me that someone just doesn't get it if I repeat 30000x not to use TNT. And if one can't comprehend that, or doesn't want to. It shows me that he/she is probably not a team player or a rule-follower, and I don't want that kind of person on my server.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 12:06

Can I play.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 17:14

As I said, it's only a thought experiment. Still, I was hoping that someone who knows how that autoban - plugin works (hint, hint) could answer that. According to Mike, anyone who ignites TNT gets banned. Read IGNITE, so stepping on said pressure plate would cause the TNT to go off....

Quote:

Think on it this way...
Dude-A builds a brick wall, and Dude-B smashes his car into it.
Who is at fault,
1> Dude-B for driving his car on the highway...
2> or Dude-A for building the wall ACROSS THE HIGHWAY...

Good point, but still, I wonder how the plugin would handle the situation described by me. Let's gather the facts...

1) Manufacturing TNT won't get you banned.
2) Placing TNT will get you a warning, but no ban.
3) Igniting the TNT WILL get you banned.
4) Building anything near a TNT block won't get you banned either, obviously.
5) The user who places the TNT doesn't ignite it as long as he doesn't step on the pressure plate.

You see, this is not a question of "Who's guilty?". Of course it's my guilt if I place a Landmine somewhere and kill somebody with it. For example. It's more of a question of "Who causes the detonation?", which is more likely a question the plugin would ask itself, as far as I'm concerned.

I can't say it often enough, nobody plans to actually go nuts and place TNT landmines everywhere, (Even though we would have a lot less problems with mobs) it's just a random question that popped into my mind while playing late at night yesterday; It might be irrelevant, but nosy as I am, to me this question is very interesting. That's all.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 17:40

Oh, I see. I dont know hot IT works, but here is how I would code it...

1> TNT is placed.
IF placement is banned, kick player and remove TNT, ELSE continue.

2> TNT is 'click-ignited'.
IF triggering is banned, kick player and extinguish or remove TNT, ELSE continue.

3> TNT is triggered by 'electricity'.
IF triggering is banned, kick player who LAST 'completed' electrical circuit connected
to this TNT and extinguish or remove TNT.

What I mean is whomever connects the TNT to the 'detonator' is the guilty party,
so whomever completes the circuit gets remembered as the 'owner'.

But if it gets disconnected at any time, ownership is lost.

And whomever RE-connects it takes ownership.

Get what I mean...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 18:36

Unfortunately, Minecraft does not remember block ownership wink

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 18:52

See? That's the point of the discussion where things get difficult. Minecraft has no onwership memory, so it doesn't matter who connects the TNT to the pressure plate or who triggered it. My question was, would a player get banned for stepping on a pressure plate? Obviously, the player setting up this trap wouldn't, even if the TNT went off.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 19:51

Second of all, you cannot entirely ban TNT as an item, there are always ways around. (= inventory hacks)

Just remove it from the inventory then. Once check per second should be sufficient.

and finally, TNT is being prevented from detonation, but the intent to detonate it alone shows me that someone just doesn't get it if I repeat 30000x not to use TNT. And if one can't comprehend that, or doesn't want to. It shows me that he/she is probably not a team player or a rule-follower, and I don't want that kind of person on my server.

Or it was a simple mistake. Since no harm was caused whatsoever (maybe he used it for mining?) its just silly to ban someone for trying.

Oh, and it wouldnt be too hard to just write a plugin that logs TNT placement and its owner. Either do it via an external array or just use some of the unused bytes.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 20:35

Originally Posted By: achaziel
See? That's the point of the discussion where things get difficult. Minecraft has no onwership memory, so it doesn't matter who connects the TNT to the pressure plate or who triggered it. My question was, would a player get banned for stepping on a pressure plate? Obviously, the player setting up this trap wouldn't, even if the TNT went off.

The player walking into the trap would.

Originally Posted By: Sajeth

Just remove it from the inventory then. Once check per second should be sufficient.

Or it was a simple mistake. Since no harm was caused whatsoever (maybe he used it for mining?) its just silly to ban someone for trying.

Oh, and it wouldnt be too hard to just write a plugin that logs TNT placement and its owner. Either do it via an external array or just use some of the unused bytes.

1. The server has enough to do, as is.
2. That is just the point. DON'T USE TNT. DON'T TRY. DON'T even think about it. Not for mining, not for fun, not for nothing. Don't use it, just don't. DON'T. Do Not. Thou shalt not use TNT. Get it?

No matter what I did so far. It just doesn't get into people's minds. And I am sick an tired of it. So I am left with Banning people. And that's that. You don't have to play if you don't want to. There are plenty other servers around if you don't like my strict TNT ruling.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 21:44

1. The server has enough to do, as is.
2. That is just the point. DON'T USE TNT. DON'T TRY. DON'T even think about it. Not for mining, not for fun, not for nothing. Don't use it, just don't. DON'T. Do Not. Thou shalt not use TNT. Get it?

1. Inventory scanning wouldnt really add any significant server load - but it's pretty useless since exploding is disabled anyways.
2. Are you hosting that server for having a fun time playing or for playing king in the sandpit?
Posted By: FBL

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/15/10 23:40

I have some TNT left, shall we test it?

Yes. TNT is too much fun.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 01:05

Originally Posted By: Sajeth
2. Are you hosting that server for having a fun time playing or for playing king in the sandpit?

I don't see how making the ground swiss cheese and blowing up other peoples work is considered "fun playing". But this is getting pointless, you are obviously just trying to troll.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 01:55

I do like TNT in that game, but i have to agree with Michael, it's not about "playing king", it just can kill the server so easily that it can be quite annoying.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 10:00

I don't see how making the ground swiss cheese and blowing up other peoples work is considered "fun playing". But this is getting pointless, you are obviously just trying to troll.

I don't see how making the ground swiss cheese and blowing up other peoples work is considered "legit use of TNT", which is also banned (and shouldnt even be thought about). Sure, in a game like that with a somewhat mature community it's hard to find someone that deserves a ban - so we need some drastical rules for harmless stuff, or else this "ban" button would become useless.
"just trying to troll" - No, I'm not, this is not 4chan. I just think the players should have as much freedom as possible (without harming others of course), not face a ban for using legit game mechanics. And since TNT explosion is already disabled, why ban people?

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 11:30

Many servers ban TNT, it is not uncommon at all. If you want to protect your server from grievers, you have to take these actions. It's not a thing to take lightly. After the newer releases many plugins broke that protected worlds from being destructed by visitors. Whatever server I joined, they were all utterly grieved. It shows the average age of a minecraft player very well. These precautions are simply needed and need not be questioned.
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 16:43

I have to say I love this discussion grin.

Trying to trick the TNT-Ban script... even if it's just a thought-experiment, I love the idea laugh

Gosh, I should start playing minecraft.
Michael, would it be worth showing a few more screens from your server? I'd love to see what you guys are up to...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/16/10 17:06

Even if it's just a thought experiment, it offers a possibility to get rid of annoying or stealing players.... theoretically. (Insider joke: Ffefefalle.)

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 00:43

OK, completely off the TNT subject...

Has anyone else encountered this problem.

Whilst playing on this server (the ONLY multiplayer minecraft server Ive even been on BTW),
I randomly get times where my network-card locks up...

I cant do anything with it, wont 'repair' cause it hangs, wont 'disable' cause it hangs,
even hangs PC partway through shutdown process if attempted....

The only ways to fix it is either a HARD boot of the PC, which Ive only done once,
or simply dis-connecting my network cable for 5 seconds, then re-connecting.

Wierd huh?

Ive just updated my java to latest, and my directX is whatever came with 7.86.0. Still no change.

NEVER had this problem with anything else, even single-player is fine...

Any ideas anyone?!?

[EDIT] PS If my neighbour found he was missing two torches from above an underwater room,
I have now replaced them.
Sorry for borrowing without asking, but I was having a LOT of trouble
finding any coal. But Im cool now...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 16:22

Not pointing any fingers and don't wanna know who does. But whoever built something extremely CPU intensive construct (i.e. Redstone circuits) please disable them. The server is severely overloaded and the lag is getting unbearable.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 16:30

havent been on for many days but that redstone device is still there. Maybe someone found it and left it on. I'll deconstruct the thing.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 16:45

Quote:
something extremely CPU intensive construct (i.e. Redstone circuits)

sounds like your calculator to me tongue

either that, or deromega's telephone server....
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 17:07

I builded my telephone server so that it does not need any updates if not used.
And since Notch used an event based approach my server doenst consume anything.
(Is Marian using his clock?)

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/17/10 17:10

Like I said, I don't point any fingers and I don't care. Just whoever does it, undo it.
Posted By: the_mehmaster

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/20/10 22:00

Goddamn auto-update.. Can't join your server anymore as I'm running Beta 1.0_01

Are you planning to update your server as well? If it won't be anytime soon I'll just go get .26 off my brother's comp, as he keeps backups of all the client versions for some reason, which I can now see grin

BTW thanks for this awesome server smile -- Although chopping down trees all day is not that fun wink

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/20/10 22:09

the new beta version has added a lag during camera-movement.

its not getting more convinient...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/20/10 22:58

Quote:
the new beta version has added a lag during camera-movement.

What do you mean by this? I haven't noticed any.. Or is it apparent in multi-player? I haven't tested that yet.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/20/10 23:28

its small, but noticable on my system.
Mayby a 1 or 2 Frame input-movement lag.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/21/10 15:22

Me and my sister can not log on to the server either.

is this going to be fixed or should we find a way around it like useing the alpha version?

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/21/10 15:40

I'm just not going to update the server yet, the bugs are too severe, and I don't want to risk people losing their stuff.

Once the big bugs are fixed I'll update.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/21/10 15:46

so you won't update at all?

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/21/10 16:59

ok thanks ill wait for you to update

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/21/10 21:35

Even if he would update it right now, you wouldn't have much fun playing it. I just updated my private server and it runs so badly smirk

It's probably his leaf decay code again, like the last time... I don't get why he isn't adding the leaf decay mod from a user because that one was perfect.

Hope he can release a "bugfix" soon. He REALLY needs people to try his stuff before sending it out. Things like this just gives him a bad reputation which is quite bad smirk

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/23/10 01:58

Quote:
I'm just not going to update the server yet, the bugs are too severe, and I don't want to risk people losing their stuff.

Once the big bugs are fixed I'll update.

Seems like many of them have been fixed today..

Not rushing you or anything *scarcastic grin*

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/23/10 08:49

Hey Michael, Im NOT being sarcastic or anything....

But I assume you'll let us know here when you DO update, wont you?

Thanks dude...

[EDIT] Thank for that...

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/23/10 10:11

If notch gets around to fixing the double-chest bug, I'll gladly update. But right now it just seems that people will start complaining when they start losing their items.

So, yes I'll let you know, no I didn't update yet.

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/23/10 17:17

What double chest bug?

I do have a lot of double chests but couldn't figure out a bug. Just asking so i won't loose my stuff xD

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/27/10 03:01

Can someone tell me, or 0point me at a web page,

that tells me the 'correct' wat to change client versions please?

Cause I cant get onto our server no more, and I dont know if the
way to switch versions I came up with is correct / working...

I cant log on with either the new beta version, nor with 'my' saved
Alpha 1.2.6....
[EDIT} It 'connects' OK, but just hangs at the 'logging in" stages until it times out...

Thanks guys

Re: Minecraft Server - 12/27/10 15:51

That's because mike won't update the server until the most severe bugs are taken care of. Which could take nearly forever, taking into account that the latest (bugged up it's arse) version is to be considered BETA... (yeah, Notch thinks this is beta. Seriously.)

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/01/11 12:52

EDIT: Nevermind.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/07/11 17:42

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance of a bugfix in sight?

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 14:19

Bugfix is out now.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 16:01

And installed on the server?

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 18:05

Still no chest bug fix, but I'll install it later anyway. Can't keep not-updating the server.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 18:37

I still dont get what double chest bug you are talking about.. my server runs fine, every server i play online runs fine, no major bugs. Just update..

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 19:17

Still have to wait for hMod though

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 19:21

Yep that's the only problem that exists. Otherwise have some faith, its running without major bugs laugh

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/14/11 19:44

Couple of questions Michael...

1> Any rough idea how long till you'll be up? (hours or days?)

2> Is there any 'acceptable' use of the box bug?
Because I need massive amounts of stone for building and I want to
USE the bug rather than mining it.
Is this OK or is it going to cause you / the server problems?

[EDIT]If it causes server issues then I wont do it.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/15/11 04:47

1. I'll try to get it working today. It's up again.
2. No. I'm not going to know, but there is no "acceptable" in exploiting bugs. However, read on:

The problem right now is that hMod is not being continued anymore, and the replacement "Bukkit" is far from being working. So I am reverting the server to vanilla. That means that protected zones are gone, item spawning is enabled again for all mods and money isn't going to be there anymore.

So to answer #2: Just ask a mod.

Server is updated and up:

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/15/11 07:04

No money anymore? Eh, no offense meant, but it was kinda useless anyway lately....

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/15/11 16:57

"but there is no "acceptable" in exploiting bugs." OK, I wont do it.

The hmod stuff means nothin to me as I know not what it does in regards to bugs...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/15/11 22:31

hmod gives you more control about your server, you can use plugins, create whitelists, groups, change rights for certain groups, gives you more commands, etc. Just a server "backend" sytem. But they don't support it anymore so now we probably have to use bukkit.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/16/11 18:42

Originally Posted By: Captain_Kiyaku
so now we probably have to use bukkit.

Heh, I actually have Bukkit running right now on my server but apparently it's not changing anything at all for some reason.

Also, it keeps "logging me" in constantly without actually letting me in.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/16/11 19:01

Yayyyy! Finally finished uilding my FIRST skull..

Boooo! Server 'appears' to have been down for the last hour....
Hangs at login...

Also, now that world is vanilla, creepers keep blowing my stuff up...
Annoying but thats life, keeps it entertaining.
BUT, does this mean TNT is OK for mining now? Or is it still illegal?

AND the /help system now no longer works. ie /sethome, /home, etc.
Is this cause its vanilla? (not bitching, just asking)

Thanks Michael.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/16/11 22:38

Originally Posted By: EvilSOB
Also, now that world is vanilla, creepers keep blowing my stuff up...
Annoying but thats life, keeps it entertaining.
BUT, does this mean TNT is OK for mining now? Or is it still illegal?

AND the /help system now no longer works. ie /sethome, /home, etc.
Is this cause its vanilla? (not bitching, just asking)

1. Well, I'm not online, so I am probably not going to catch you doing it, but it's still illegal.

2. Yes.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/16/11 23:11

1: Just asking.. BTX, Im not on either. I cant log in for last 3 or 4 hours.
Any ideas on your server status?

2: Is there any 'plans' for putting it back in? Or was it part on fmod?

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/17/11 01:52

1. I restarted the server, maybe it works now.

2. It was part of hMod. If bukkit gets to a stable release, then I'll try to put everything back into place.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/17/11 03:29

1> Yup shes up and running. Lagy as ever, but Im on the other side of the world...

2> excellent.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/18/11 02:06

Bah.. Minecraft.net offline ATM, so cant go to multiplayer...

Anyways...

Michael :: your server has been running better than usual today.
If youve changed something, keep up the good work !
And is there any chance for you to post a fresher map-image?

Anyone Else:: If you want to take a look at my recently-completed skull,
look to Michaels original post, and look at that map.
You will find me in the top-left corner.
Map is older than 'me' so I dont show on it...

Michael or Mods: If you find 'me' by following the directions above,
you will see my initial 'skull' construction... it is about 20x20x20 blocks.
But because its hollow it only took about 3000 blocks, still alot of mining.

Just go inside and see, there is a ladder underneath. Climb that ladder into the skull,
and there is another ladder leading down out of it, into one of my mining areas...
Have a look around, i had to do a lot of diging to get that much stone...

My problem is this... I have another skull planned, but bigger ... DOUBLE the size.
And from the plans that means I will need nearly 13,000 blocks !!!
480 chests full of stone. Cooked cobblestone that is... looks bone-like.
I would need to strip-mine half the planet for that much stone and coal...

So does anyone have any ideas how I can get the raw materials so i can
construct this monstrous monument to the meat-impaired?

Do I need to speak to Michael directly about it?

Are Mods 'capable' of spawning chests, filling them with spawned stone,
and then LEGALLY replicating them? And are they willing, or allowed to do this?

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance...
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/18/11 03:52

Michael could easily spawn you 13,000 pieces of smooth stone blocks if he wanted with some "give" commands.

The question is whether or not he wants to do that.
Posted By: muffel

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/20/11 15:58

you can get 13000 smooth stone legaly.
You have to dig out one complete chunk + some more. than you'll have enough cobblestone. Second you need a tree farm - harvesting 7 logs gives you 6 charcoal.
One Charcoal is equal to one normal coal

muffel

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/20/11 16:09

He can get it legally for sure, but only after digging up the entire world. wink

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/20/11 18:08

one chunk is not the entire world this are 16x16 blocks and for the coal as i said use charcoal which you get from trees so renewable

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 03:10

Well, I am shutting the server down now, until Bukkit comes out. The lack of protection mods showed in full effect today as the entire world has been griefed with TNT and lava. bravo guys. very mature. I'll be restoring an old backup.

A round of applause to whoever did this, it's a real masterpiece of childishness and a monument to maturity!

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 03:13

bugger... and I had done so much digging...

Any idea yet how long till bukkit?
And how far back is the backup from?

If you know yet o'course...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 03:16

when the mods are installed, I'll give you all the materials you need, so no need to worry about the digging.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 04:19

Hope you have a backup. Been playing today, also been inspecting port prosperity. The shop has been plundered, several buildings, including your huge-ass pvp stadium, have been blown to pieces by some player(s) (leftover TNT blocks prove that) and those creepers certainly are doing their job, too. It's kinda like a post-apocalyptic version of what we all built up. I've also been talking to some of the guys there, they'd all like to start a whole new world. However, that's just an idea crawling around our minds, that's all.

Edit: dang, I've just read your post about the backup... Oh well. But it's a darn shame, really.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 06:25

The backup has been played in, but the backups don't go back far enough, the world is already griefed severly. So if everyone here agrees, then I would start a new world.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 06:26

I have no OBJECTION to a new world... Assuming the backup is also is bad shape...

Shame though, I got a lot of digging and housekeeping done in the last few days.
My son re-started his house... And his noobie-brother started one...

But I dont think they'll complain much either...

Shame we can keep this world as it is and then we can have a
"Fallout" MC world... But I suppose theres plenty of those around...

[EDIT]I got a sugestion, and its pretty extreme...
Seeing as I was able to find our servers IP address through a google search for "minecraft server",
How about we change the IP, and you only tell it to us via a group PM thread...
That should be safe from google wouldnt it be?
And if you want to get REALLY extreme, you could require us to 'expose' our minecraft logon name in
that thread, so everyone knows who is who, so griefing is less likely, as the culprit is sure to be recognised...

Just an idea...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 07:23

Haven't been playing too much Minecraft online but starting a new world with the new "rules" (no item spawning?) would be ok for me.

About EvilSOB's idea: maybe its really not good to be able to find the ip via google search. Everybody who is interested to join could post his Minecraft log-in name in this thread and would get the IP via PM.
BUT (!) this is a lot of administrative work, and I can understand if you (Michael) don't want to do this.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 08:17

Thats what I thought.
But, If he starts a PM with all the details,
then adds anyone 'trustworthy' to that thread if they ask,
that would be a lot less maintenance for him.

Wouldnt anyone added 'after the fact' be able to see previous posts
in that PM thread? Ive not tested this...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 12:05

New World started!

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 12:58

But the server is still offline, isn't it?

edit: Nope its online. Sorry. Could connect at last. fucking creeper exploded in front of the shelter though.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 13:31

Will it be a "real" survival, please grin ?

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 13:43

right now it's practically still 100% vanilla, Bukkit refuses to work.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 13:46

Ok laugh

But I cannot connect... (connection lost, something with login failed in the next line and some internet adress+code)

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 21:25

Oh noes. New world T.T

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/24/11 22:29

Was going OK for a few hours, but cant log in now... frown

[EDIT] Must have been a client bug... got a java socket error,
then straight in next try...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/25/11 01:25

One more thing: It's not so wise to leave Sulphur in the community chest....

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/25/11 15:28

One, one more thing: Just because there is no plugin installed that prevents you from walking more than 500 blocks from spawn, doesn't mean you should.

EDIT: Nevermind, since experience tells me nobody ever listens to what I say, I just installed the plugin to force it - again.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/26/11 00:08

Another thing, don't be greedy with the community chests.

If you take something out, put something else back in, or put your leftovers back in. It's sad to see everything go away so quick when me and some 2 or 3 other people are the only ones putting stuff in.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/26/11 11:14

Well, thanks for limiting the world, now I can't reach my mine including my storage anymore -.-

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/26/11 14:47

Btw, we're still getting many tourists. How about making the server private? If possible, that is.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/28/11 12:55

Why not use the new unofficial hMod that actually works with 1.2?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1023&t=147182

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/31/11 16:37

Mike? Please tell me that you have a backup from today 5 am. My tower got griefed reeeaaaaally bad. .__.

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/31/11 16:52

sorry, without proper plugins there are no automatic backups

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/31/11 17:03

well, crap.

I just hope that the damage isn't that big...

Re: Minecraft Server - 01/31/11 18:28

If there is no "automatic" backups, can you
give us an idea how often you 'manually' backup?
If at all?

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/07/11 14:40

I'm going to stream live me playing on the server for a while, feel free to watch, maybe ask some questions and have a sneak peek if you haven't played MC before.

http://www.livestream.com/xwcgsadventures

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/07/11 15:38

that was it, just a quick streaming test

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/19/11 05:49

I already paid 110 USD put of my pocket, I hope you don't forget to donate. All this fun costs me money after all.

Or are you just that evil and want to drive me to bankrupcy? grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/23/11 09:29

Great, next update.

At least it's awesome.

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/24/11 13:37

Server has been updated!

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/24/11 15:59

Horray, now we get beds!

But creepers don't burn up when subjected to the wrath of the morning sun, so they're just as much a problem as ever.

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/24/11 16:41

tested the server with the new update. The beds are working.
slimes are spawning sadly there is a bug in smp with slimes so that you cant kill the smaller ones if they are spawned cause one slime is divided.

In EvilSOBs mobfall there is a great slime party

EDIT: Will you use the new whitelist?

muffel

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 07:28

Damned slimes! Something must be done!

Where did I put that lava bucket....

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 07:50

i think they are fire resist, but not sure ^^

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 08:47

nope. lava splits em ONCE, then no more. They is bugged...

AND ...

Dunno if its server, or MOTD, but most blocks you place ATM
become locked, or indestructable. They cannot be removed.
They behave just like blocks near spawn point.
(And /spawn dont work still).

Not just me, at least two other players I know of...
They cant remove blocks Ive placed either, and vice-versa...

Im not bitchin at YOU Mike, Im just bitchin'

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 10:31

Hmmm... Lava was a bad idea.

Try taking a look down there now.

BUT! Dont go too deep, and beware EVIL lagging down there...

FYI:: Indestructable blocks problem seems to have gone away on its own...
Wierd!

FYI 2:: Indestructable blocks have returned... Im here on my own,
so performance is good, lag is near non-existant. Looks like MPS bug...

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 14:52

Doesnt matter anyway, someones been screwing around on the server, I'll be rolling back the map tomorrow to it's backup from the update.

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 15:11

ah bugger. I'd better stop working then... see ya on-line

Re: Minecraft Server - 02/25/11 17:17

What!? Wood fireplaces don't burn forever any more!

Notch, I am disappoint.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/14/11 20:58

You know Cowabanga, I know we have our differences. But there are other people playing on the server, so when you grief around, it doesn't affect me, it affects everyone.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 01:42

You know Cowabanga, I know we have our differences. But there are other people playing on the server, so when you grief around, it doesn't affect me, it affects everyone.

I know the guy had a bit of a breakdown a few months ago, but what is this? He's not just harmlessly spamming now, but trolling in a destructive way.

Looks like a case for ye olde ban hammer...

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 13:55

Will you reset the map to the last point you have saved it?
Will you use the new whitelist feature now?

poor achaziel again his tower

muffel

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 16:34

What? My tower?

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 16:46

1. Trolling is awesome.
2. Michael, I honestly have nothing against you, I try to be nice with you for once, but you give me a sweet harsh comment. That's why, y'know.
3. Wow Achaziel, that was your tower? Sorry 'bout that. : /
4. Banhammers are awesome.
5. I try to make a new page here, but no one gives a chance, so let me enjoy my moment, haha. : P
5. Lol nobody knows my server IP.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 16:57

Cowabanga, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm sure that you can deal with it without running a tantrum against other people's belongings.

Seriously dude, this is not funny.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:01

If you guys can forget ALL my past, which is almost unforgettable, I can stop everything.

Also, I know it's not funny. It's fun.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:02

Quote:
If you guys can forget ALL my past, which is almost unforgettable, I can stop everything.

What are you talking about?

All I remember is your random breakdown here on the forum and your subsequent trollish behavior.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:05

Quote:
and your subsequent trollish behavior.

Exactly. Fuck damnit, I have no idea what was I thinking when I was posting in those days. I changed, but oh well, no other chance is no other chance after all. Or not, hopefully not.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:16

If you keep trolling, it's because you want to, not because anybody's forcing you to. I'd be willing to forget all of this if you'd quit, but obviously you're not in the mood.

Would somebody ban this guy?

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:20

I AM in the mood. If you want, fine, I will.

Quote:
Would somebody ban this guy?

lolnope, I didn't grief the forum.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:42

What? My tower?

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:51

What? My tower?

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
3. Wow Achaziel, that was your tower? Sorry 'bout that. : /

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/15/11 17:54

A "I'm sorry" won't quite cut it, shitbag. I hope you enjoyed your griefing. I'd love to swear at you, but there simply aren't any cursewords strong enough to insult you. Besides, I'd probably get the banhammer for the stuff I'd LOVE to tell you right now. I just hope you're proud of yourself now. Really mature.

You know, there was a time when I quite liked you. I thought Mike's hatred towards you was pointless, but now I see what he means.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 04:08

wow cowabanga, you really fail as social being.

You grief people so they forgive you about your trollish behaviour before? What are you, a peanut?

I wish you could get banned for that but as you said, you didn't grief the forum. Just hoping for a curse break down by yourself so i can swing around my shiny hammer (and i've never banned one before) grin

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 12:57

I wish you could get banned for that but as you said, you didn't grief the forum.

What! You need a reason to ban people?

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 13:40

Of course you do, you can't just ban people if you feel like it o_O

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 14:34

Dude. It was a joke.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 15:11

You grief people so they forgive you about your trollish behaviour before? What are you, a peanut?

No, genius, I griefed because of Michael, the trollish behavior was about something else.

A "I'm sorry" won't quite cut it, shitbag. I hope you enjoyed your griefing. I'd love to swear at you, but there simply aren't any cursewords strong enough to insult you. Besides, I'd probably get the banhammer for the stuff I'd LOVE to tell you right now. I just hope you're proud of yourself now. Really mature.

You know, there was a time when I quite liked you. I thought Mike's hatred towards you was pointless, but now I see what he means.

Cool story bro.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 15:48

I griefed because of ... naninanina...

like a 5 year old

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 16:01

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
I griefed because of ... naninanina...

like a 5 year old

Great.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 17:08

Seriously, though. You suck. No wonder nobody can stand you.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 17:55

Do you have any idea how laughable it is to hate someone across an internet cable and two monitors?

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 18:01

Do YOU realize how pathetic it is that you are that much of a FUCKWIT
that you are capable of SUCESSFULLY engendering this much hatred
when you are across an internet cable and 1+2^n monitors?

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 18:03

don't feed the troll .. he is not worth it.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 18:07

Maybe if we feed the fucker enough shit, then he will explode >:]

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 18:08

I do.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/16/11 19:45

Got a little time out for constantly provoking members.

@EvilSob and achaziel, i feel your rage but please don't start swearing.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/17/11 00:44

Upon closer inspection, the damage isn't THAT bad. Quite a pain in the arse, sure, but not impossible to fix. Maybe I'll do so the next few days...

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/17/11 02:51

We are eventually still here looking back at these days. You wont keep up the trolling and leave wink. Your actions in the past were about to be forgotten and overshadowed by others who did a better job at making a scene. I was under the impression you were becoming a bit more mature halfway your short visit here, than in the beginning. Well, until now. laugh

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/17/11 08:43

My apologies to all for my language, except Cowabunga o'course.

My spleen has been vented...

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/19/11 21:11

Anyway, I have updated the BigBrother plugin so the rollback function worked again and reverted all changes made by him. Everything is back to normal now.

Cowabanga received the banhammer, aswell as two other guys that showed up at other grief sites.

Re: Minecraft Server - 03/20/11 12:48

Here a really old Forums post, where Minecraft was in its early stages:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6273.0
© 2024 lite-C Forums