I miss the following users:

Posted By: sPlKe

I miss the following users: - 06/23/10 15:07

Turrican
Christian__A
Volkmar_Webeck
xXx_Guitar
PaulShort

Im sure i forgot a few, but what happened to them?
Posted By: Helghast

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/23/10 15:31

I believe Turri is still active, xXxGuitar changed his name, and the rest I havent a clue...
Posted By: gri

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 05:58

hey, good idea.

Since years I have one Thought what happend with one user of the forum.

Last I heared from him was that he had to join the army in israel while the last palestina conflict (maybe 3 years ago).

I think his Nickname was "Romac".

Does anyone remember him ? Maybe Dan Silverman knows more about his destiny.

regards,
maik
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 06:58

ROMAC:
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=328900#Post328900
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 08:02

Lion_TS
ullililia
lolek
Sinthoras
ShoreVietam

afaik lolek gave up game development cause he have no time for it anymore. he wantet to concentrate himself on his job.

and the last thing of ulli i know is that he wrote a book

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 08:25

and what happened to Shadow, he was a mod I believe, and was working on a cool skateboard game...
Posted By: gri

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 08:40

Originally Posted By: Tempelbauer
Lion_TS
ullililia
lolek
Sinthoras
ShoreVietam

afaik lolek gave up game development cause he have no time for it anymore. he wantet to concentrate himself on his job.

and the last thing of ulli i know is that he wrote a book

@Tempelbauer : yes ulli was a special kind of guy. I remember on endless discussions about measures and math. But I dont know if you wrote his name with the right amount of "l"s grin

@Pappenheimer: Cool Romac is alive! What a luck I dont heard anything from him for years and he's posting last week. Thank you Pappenheimer!

ok back to topic.
Does anyone know if "Realspan" is still around here?

regards ,
maik
Posted By: Joozey

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 08:59

Those people are all minding their own business, but if we're busy anyway:

Excessus, MK1, Grimber, matt_aufderheide, georgi

I can remember such a thread before...
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 09:06

i chatted with matt a short time ago. He wanted to make a 1st person old school shooter...

and mk1 - he was active in the "Treffen in Bielefeld" thread (http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=329767&page=16)
Posted By: FBL

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 12:33

It's Ul-ill-ill-ia laugh

http://www.ulillillia.us
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 12:51

Originally Posted By: Rei_Ayanami
i chatted with matt a short time ago. He wanted to make a 1st person old school shooter...

and mk1 - he was active in the "Treffen in Bielefeld" thread (http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=329767&page=16)

funny, thats exactly what another project of mine is right now XD

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 12:53

Originally Posted By: Firoball
It's Ul-ill-ill-ia laugh

I might think about picking up his book, just for the heck of it...
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 16:49

Originally Posted By: gri
Maybe Dan Silverman knows more about his destiny.

He might, but I think Dan Silverman himself might have gotten into some serious real-life trouble, for which he is said to have been convicted for about a year ago.

(Not entirely sure about the credibility of the source though.)

As for many of the users mentioned, I think many simply have very little time to work with 3dgs these days. Doing a study, a real job, (the army,) all not quite the same as when you're still in high school with loads of time to kill. wink
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 17:06

just a question: is this OUR dan?
http://mojoey.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-to-dan-silverman-story.html
Posted By: Superku

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 17:06

The good thing is, most of them always come back!

@Rei: OMG... Yes, I think that's him ("graphical work", Virginia)... I really, really hope that he is not guilty, otherwise my worldview would be destroyed. frown
Posted By: Joey

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 18:07

Originally Posted By: Firoball
It's Ul-ill-ill-ia laugh

this guy is giving away a lot on his website.

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/24/10 19:56

Originally Posted By: Superku
@Rei: OMG... Yes, I think that's him ("graphical work", Virginia)... I really, really hope that he is not guilty, otherwise my worldview would be destroyed. frown

Well, speaking of world views, he's also being attacked for having become an atheist.

Anyways, enough about him, I do wonder what happened to for example Matt_Aufderheide, but also XeXeS.
Posted By: Error014

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/25/10 21:59

For more information on ulillillia: There's a fascinating, if evil, thread on the Something-Awful forums cleverly entitled "Ask ulillillia!". You can, probably, google it yourself, but be warned that like anything else ulillillia-related, it's a massive, gigantic black hole that sucks out all the time of your day.
Oh, and it's somethingawful, so be prepared to read lots of naughty swear-words. And to hear about things you don't want to hear.
That's what you get for being curious!

EDIT: Speaking of being curious: Not sure if that's really the Dan_silverman who used to post here lots of time ago... But if it is, it's really quite shocking to read that. frown
Posted By: ventilator

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/25/10 23:07

of course this is the dan silverman who posted here on the forum. he even explained his case here when he wasn't in jail yet. his defence strategy in court (no contest plea or something) was really strange.

i will look into the "ask ulillillia!" thread now. laugh

he also kind of is a youtube star with 100000s of views. tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PaJGyAmdE
isn't it possible to earn some money on youtube once you have that many viewers?
Posted By: FoxZero

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 05:30

Cool thread. I can't believe I've been popping back into this place for 5 years now. Though I stopped using Acknex years ago (I never got over the fact that there was never a fully stable A6 release), I still like to know how the old crew his, sadly every year I see less and less familiar faces. But I still enjoy seeing what the new guys are creating, and I still hope one day Intense-X will completely materialize, then maybe for the hell of it I'll get A7 (and probably never use it lol.)

I don't want to explain why but I always resented Dan, but then again who wouldn't when someone insults you? This discovery is still a shocker. Now it seems like all his comments on my morals are now void lol

Is Samual Amjam (I think I spelled that right) still on here? I actually still have some of his music on my PSP; he's quite a talented song writer.

xXx_Guitar, he was a great guy. I really enjoyed working with him. I should him an email. What did he change his name to?

Anyone remember Toz? I know he left a short while after I joined but man he made a lot of posts. I wonder if he ever came back. I remember his post high school plans got ruined and he was going through some heavy stuff when he left. Hope things worked out for him.

ulillillia actually helped me finish my logo. Really nice guy. I remembers the fascinating stuff he would bring up. He even managed to break my logo down into some math form. I wonder how he's doing.

Sorta on topic: He Phemox! It's been like... years since we've chatted on MSN. Get over there and let's talk like old times. I'm actually back on there these days, that and Skype. After a year long break I'm even back into game design.
Posted By: Superku

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 08:43

"Is Samual Amjam (I think I spelled that right) still on here?"

Yes, he is. His user name is Ambassador and he is writing his own engine:

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=304680&page=1
Posted By: Ambassador

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 09:11

Eek! I'm still alive! Don't go killing me off! xD

Still here, still making music wink. And still coding engines >:|.
Posted By: VPrime

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 09:34

haha Ulilila. I remember him...... What a lunatic.
Posted By: mk_1

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 09:43

Originally Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

I'm checking most threads here almost every day but often there's no reason to post. Either because I don't own any gstudio anymore or because I fear my critizism wouldn't be constructive if I posted it.

But I'm still moderating the forums.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 12:51

I still have a video somewhere featuring Toz, an elephant and a penis, made by some guy named something like xAngel... random fight on the forum.

I do wonder what happened to light_mystic. But I have been doing that ever since he disappeared after he organised his contest but never picked a winner.

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/26/10 21:47

Quote:
Sorta on topic: He Phemox! It's been like... years since we've chatted on MSN. Get over there and let's talk like old times. I'm actually back on there these days, that and Skype. After a year long break I'm even back into game design.

Hey man, yeah, it's been a while indeed. How are you? Yeah, I'm not that often on MSN anymore and not very active on here either actually, all the internet activity has been eating away so much time that I've decided to really cut down the time spend on it.

I'm making more music (and to a lesser extent games) than ever before though. These are busy times.

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/28/10 02:42

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Quote:

Hey man, yeah, it's been a while indeed. How are you? Yeah, I'm not that often on MSN anymore and not very active on here either actually, all the internet activity has been eating away so much time that I've decided to really cut down the time spend on it.

I'm making more music (and to a lesser extent games) than ever before though. These are busy times.

That's good to hear. I've only written like 3 songs in the past year and a half. Things got kinda rough for me after '08, I sorta like got too intimidated to handle music anymore, got sick of all the mind games I played to write a song. Of course I'm getting way off topic and way too personal lol And I've done the same thing with the 'net. You learn more by doing stuff than reading about it.

Nice to see you Ambassador, wait a sec I'm starting to remember way back when you changed your name. You can tell I don't go on here much.
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: I miss the following users: - 06/28/10 14:20

dan will probably be in jail until about the new year of 2011 by virtue of this docket and estimating 18 months:

virginia courts

just have to do a quick search

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/20/10 21:18

@FoxZero: Keeping motivated is the difficult part indeed, but if you don't stick with something regardless of where you are you won't ever progress. Nothing new of course.

Quote:
You learn more by doing stuff than reading about it.

So true indeed, especially as it's easy to waste loads of time on the internet doing basically little more than nothing.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/20/10 22:07

Checking Ulillillia's site, his mind is quite unusual .. well
Maybe some form of Asberger.

--

I also remember "thegamedesigner", he made some nice Indy Projects,
but seams not to post here anymore.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/20/10 23:48

Uli's book is well recieved shocked http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-legend-of-the-10-elemental-masters/6370854
Posted By: Rich

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/21/10 11:04

I'm pretty much a lurker most of the time, but the users I miss seeing are: Kinji, Realspawn, Doug, and Marco.
Posted By: old_bill

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/21/10 11:29

Doug and Marco left the company, but I've seen Marco around here very rarely on Hilberts Hotel topics....

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/21/10 12:11

Quote:
Uli's book is well recieved
Those HAVE to be fake reviews.

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/21/10 14:37

Originally Posted By: NITRO777
Quote:
Uli's book is well recieved
Those HAVE to be fake reviews.

Hahah, maybe not. Did you do a Google search to see what kind of publicity he (or perhaps LuLu, the publisher) have managed to achieve? It's difficult to really find a negative review.

(Some links: http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=49168
http://hotelstgeorgepress.com/2010/01/the-legend-of-the-10-elemental-masters/ ).

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/21/10 23:59

Interesting. I think the reviews on Lulu are mainly sarcasm but the link you provided showed that his novel is being looked at seriously at least for its potential as curiosity of outsider art.

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/22/10 01:52

Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
@FoxZero: Keeping motivated is the difficult part indeed, but if you don't stick with something regardless of where you are you won't ever progress. Nothing new of course.

Quote:
You learn more by doing stuff than reading about it.

So true indeed, especially as it's easy to waste loads of time on the internet doing basically little more than nothing.

Eh, it's a little more complicated than that. I had a bit of a breakdown in early '09 and haven't been that heavily into guitar ever since then. I am however practicing vocals again and I'm trying to find some people who want to do some old Korn covers. I want to go nuts!

Anyways I've backed off of everything and have been putting all my focus into my writing. It's starting to pay off actually. I still want to get back into guitar and bass, I just have some problems to work out first. Either way I'm still writing music. I need to figure out what to do for the rest of my life, guitar might have to take a back seat for a little while lol

Anyways... was Marco the one who was working on a few different car combat games? If so he actually helped me write a cool weapon code for my Newton based car combat game. Man do I miss Newton, those were some silky some physics!

And Doug! Man did I have fun with his template. I enjoyed his posts a lot. We saw eye to eye on a lot of things.
Posted By: Joey

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/22/10 13:33

I miss Jennifer wink
Posted By: Inestical

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/22/10 14:57

Joey: we all do laugh
Posted By: HeelX

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/22/10 15:48

I miss Mike Morbius!
Posted By: achaziel

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/22/10 17:47

i miss myself....

... oh, there i am! yay!

Re: I miss the following users: - 07/24/10 09:33

I miss MclarenF1 a bit. I know he wasn't around long, but he was there was I got on here and we were the same age I think. Him and Toz posted quite a bit for a while, then both disappeared. I believe someone told me that Mclaren didn't want to do this anymore and Toz and explained his story in way too much detail. lol
© 2024 lite-C Forums