My Gaming Resolution

Posted By: Joey

My Gaming Resolution - 02/12/10 13:08

So true:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/my-gaming-resolution/339735
Posted By: frazzle

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/12/10 21:24

Very interesting video, thanks for sharing this Joey.
The guy gives a perfect view about the link within gaming and reality.

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Superku

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 00:17

I think it's almost 100% true, too bad games are so much fun! :>
Posted By: Hummel

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 14:59

Damn it, this guy uncovered OUR plan! >:(
but the people will surely not stop wasting their time in the crap me make grin
muhahahahar
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 15:06

Watching TV or reading Comic Books is not much different...
They also waste time doing an activity alone.
With mostly low knowledge gain.

In games you interact at least.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 15:49

You can create games and stay with your family and do your daily activities at the same time.
It's about making a time-schedule.

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 16:05

I think it's not about making games but about playing them. By making games you at least learn, which you can't say of playing games (well, there are exepctions, but you really don't benefit from playing WoW).
Posted By: Superku

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 20:35

I don't think this video is supposed to be against video games at all (when I watch it to the end), its meaning is to wake up people who have forgotten that games are for "entertainment" (as said in the video) and thus not for extensive use.

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/13/10 23:30

yeah, right, i mean this could apply for anything, not just video games. stuff like senseless surfing, facebook and myspace addiction or just anything which has no meaning for real life.
Posted By: FBL

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/14/10 11:23

senseless surfing... WORD!

Really have to work on that.
Posted By: Melvin

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/19/10 13:26

The thing is that blaming that on the games is an easy way to deflect. The problem this guy, and a lot of other people has is the lack of self control. You can mess up your life in a bunch of ways, but blaming it on anything else than your own lack of judgement (as long as your a grown-up e.g 18+) is just plain stupid in my book.
Posted By: mikaldinho

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/19/10 15:15

really? i dont like it. i see the same advert on my tv daily. its a navy vid.
Posted By: Hummel

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/19/10 16:04

@Melvin: thatīs what he said -.-
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: My Gaming Resolution - 02/19/10 16:13

Well in my opionion (as I understood that video) he isn't blaming but just warning others not to do the same mistakes and to lack in self control the way he did.

The problem with games is, that they attract those of us, that might relly lack in their self control. It's quite similar to alcohol. Most of us won't say, that drinking alcohol is bad, when it isn't too much. When there is no addiction to it. But most of us also would agree on campaigns that warn from excessive drinking, so why not for games?

I like the video. It's just true. Games are dangerous. Alcohol is dangerous. Of course not when consumed in moderation. And finally nobody can be forced, to act, to consume in moderation. But he at least should be warned. Especially the youth shouldn't be let alone with that problem.
© 2024 lite-C Forums