How many forum members does it takes to...

Posted By: nunofontoura

How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/11/07 22:37

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/11/07 23:07

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

LOL, hilarious
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/11/07 23:17

I have just changed a light bulb. Thought it was my switch, but my lightbubl was dying, so i took off the cover and scrw out the bulb, adn laid it on the bed from where i took my new lightbulb and i screw it in again and remounted the cover. ANd now it works again like a charm!
Posted By: LogantheHogan

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/11/07 23:48

Quote:

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

me too

Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 00:01

be serious! you cant change a light bulb. its a beta feature.
RTFM BEFORE POSTING!!

cheers
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 00:38

i changed lightbulbs since the late 80ys and im perfectly happy with them. i can do with them whatever i need to. you should not argue aobut the light bulb itself but if that lightbulb you use has all the features your lamp desires and chose after the lamb. its not clever to buy a lamp for a light-bulb its better to buy the light bulbs for the fitting lamb.
Posted By: achaziel

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 00:41

...... ok.

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 01:25

JCL states in another thread:

Quote:

The lightbulb feature will be discontinued in the Commercial edition for all future updates, and it will become a Pro-only feature.

This really pisses me off because the lightbulb feature is vital for my project, but I don't have the money for an upgrade. Looks like I'll be sticking with the current update for, like, the rest of time or something.

Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 01:58

This shouldn't be in Morbius Virtual Answering Machine. Someone should move it to the lighting section of the forum...

If -and I cannot state that I am totally convinced about this- this topic is suiting at all into this forum. In general you actually should use google before posting such things here.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 09:58

You all do understand that you can get HDD failure when changing the light bulb feature. Always backup your data before updating the light bulb!
Posted By: Shadow969

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 10:12

Quote:

You all do understand that you can get HDD failure when changing the light bulb feature. Always backup your data before updating the light bulb!

Have you ever changed the lightbulb yourself? in order to change it you should be an expert in hardware, and it seems that you're just pretending. It is so immature...
lol

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 10:26

Quote:

Quote:

Have you ever changed the lightbulb yourself? in order to change it you should be an expert in hardware, and it seems that you're just pretending. It is so immature...
lol

Yes I actully have six times. First time I got HDD failure, but other times I was able to finish before braking anything
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 10:47

The ligths bulbs only can change by professional
the waranty not cover any damage if you change your self

THE INDUSTRY
Posted By: inFusion

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 11:12

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol

Yes I actully have six times. First time I got HDD failure, but other times I was able to finish before braking anything

HDD Failure? Guys, you really shouldn't use warez-lightbulps! There are people working hard on these bulps and they need the money to feed their families. If you just go and download the bulps from your local torrent dealer it is like stealing the money away from those hard working bulp-engineers..
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 11:16

light bulbs are pure theory even assumptions. There is no proof that they really exist. Besides that the assumptions about light bulbs contain adoptions dealing with evolution and should be treated with care.

But there is strong faith that they exist and thus it is common to believe that they lighten our way. So it is a good thing to keep it that way.
Posted By: Iron Chancellor

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 12:00

Only noobs talk about "lightbulbs". The correct term is "lamp".

Posted By: FBL

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 12:03

This thread has been already there several times! We've already gone thorugh it
Posted By: Lukas

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 12:36

it isn't "light bulb", it's "lightbulb"!!!

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 13:12

Quote:

This thread has been already there several times! We've already gone thorugh it

I think you're right on that

Quote:

Wiktionary says, both are correct

Link: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lightbulb
(And yes, the url is working )

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 13:33

back then when i started, we just used the term light. its less confusing...
Posted By: BoH_Havoc

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 17:20

Quote:

d00d wh0 fuckin' cares!!!111oneeleven
it's noone of your businez anywayz!!?!?
so shut teh_fuck up kk and get out of this breath...threath...whatever who cares.
besides i got teh_A++ in spelling and its called a friggin "lightthingywoomakeingthingsorta" ya b00n!!!! yorse so clueless it hurtz me damn eyez..!!?!? now go play with your wii*iieeeh* y0 pussy

greetz from teh_masta of lightthingywoomakeingthingsorta

\../, ò_Ó ,\../

PS: i think you got your lightfuckingcrapbulb of the inet! haha lamer yorse so [censored] up kk i got mine from teh_1338 streetdealer d00d its uber and pwnz0rz yor bulp big time fatty

so what's next on the list?

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/12/07 17:37

Aww just shuddap and go to guugel teh lamp/light/lightbulb/whatevar!

www.guugle.com is yoo brotha!
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/13/07 06:49

My bulbs are bigger than yours...
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/13/07 06:58

you know if you put a heatsink on it, you can make it shine brighter without it burning out right?

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/13/07 15:39

Could you post some screenshots plz?
Posted By: zazang

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/13/07 16:13

My superior 2 inch tall alien friends just SMSed me saying that its actually
lite-bulb or in short lite-B...he(she or robot duh! ???) says that its the predecessor to lite-C which is actually short for lite-Culc,
which is a programming language used to track all warez users with A7 installed
and on finding,teleport them to a blackhole with a simple script

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/13/07 18:33

Quote:

teleport them to a blackhole with a simple script

Oh really? Can you share the source code please? I've been trying to program this effect for my project. Is it even possible with C-script?

Posted By: testDummy

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... *DELETED* - 08/14/07 12:40

Post deleted by testDummy
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/15/07 10:49

MTV Germany says: "don't use light bulbs", so switch it off, immediately!
You should use oil lamps or candles, much better for the global climate or what else.
Posted By: Nems

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 08/23/07 00:58

[sniggers and guwfaws whilst reading this from the light of the monitor]Lightbulbs? who needs em? You can make just as effective a game without all the bells and whistles y'know. [stumbles in the dark while carrying the monitor to make a cuppa]
Just look at Quake ||!
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 09/11/07 20:21

So is it lamp or lightbulb?

Re: How many forum members does it takes to... - 09/11/07 20:27

Quote:

So is it lamp or lightbulb?

as i alreadystatet, its light....
© 2024 lite-C Forums