mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup

Posted By: Reconnoiter

mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/05/17 13:33

Dear JCL,

Mickey.z does not work correctly for touchscreens, touchpad gestures and some wireless mouses if at the start of a gs3d game/program no external mouse is detected. So e.g. when your are starting a gs3d on e.g. a laptop or a tablet chances are that you have no external mouse connected on startup, than mickey.z does not work correctly. If you plug an external mouse in while the game is already running it still doesn't work cause apparently the mouse needs to be detected at startup of the game.
Just thought I should post this bug here.
Posted By: jcl

Re: mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/06/17 17:30

This is quite possible. Mickey.z is a scrollwheel parameter and some touch screens are not equipped with scrollwheels.

Re: mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/06/17 19:16

Yeah but this can be solved fairly easily now for you right? Just let mickey.z work the same whether a mouse is plugged in at the startup of the program or not. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: jcl

Re: mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/07/17 10:00

If you tell me how to do that, I'll certainly sit down at the keyboard this evening and program it. Promise!

Mouse and scrollwheel variables are produced by Windows, not by Gamestudio. In fact not even Windows is responsible for Mickey.z, but the mouse or touchscreen driver of the manufacturer. We program no mouse drivers and have no influence on their behavior.

Re: mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/07/17 10:30

I didn't mean to come off as rude wink , it just seems like one could just remove the condition that an external mouse needs to be connected on startup, so everything can work again. But I have no experience in engine development at all and you guys do so I maybe I am just completely wrong.
Posted By: 3run

Re: mickey.z is bugged when no external mouse is detected at startup - 03/07/17 18:39

Originally Posted By: jcl
We program no mouse drivers and have no influence on their behavior.
Yeah, since few years you program no game engines as well.. Thanks.
© 2024 lite-C Forums