Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug)

Posted By: Emre

Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/09/14 07:48

Hello jcl,

Firstly, sorry for my poor english but i think this is important. if I assign "action" to terrain, every time i try to "game_load", nexus is increasing. on A7, if terrain_chunk is set to 0, no problem. on A8 nexus still increasing.

Attached File
TerrainNexusBug.zip  (61 downloads)
Posted By: jcl

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/11/14 16:21

Thanks - we'll look into that. There is a problem in A8 not with the nexus itself, but with the nexus display. This seems to be related.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/11/14 16:40

also if you set
compatibilty = 13;
?
some time ago I got strange high nexus values , but since I set it I had no problem... maybe unrelated, it could have been caused by nexus overflow resulted by setting -nx or max_nexus by a starting level to 200... don't remember exactly.

anyway, a little nexus article would be great about how to use it and how to not to use, and as a possibility to use dynamic memory allocation instead. my editor can eat a lot of nexus, so maybe I would need a better memory management system...

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/11/14 19:47

Originally Posted By: jcl
Thanks - we'll look into that. There is a problem in A8 not with the nexus itself, but with the nexus display. This seems to be related.

You are right. but i am sure there is a problem about memory usage itself. because I've tested with ati tray tools. memory really incerasing. and i realize on A8, memory is still little increasing even without terrain's action. (nexus panel doesn't show it but ati tray tool show it)

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/23/14 12:52

Hi Jcl, any news? I spent 20 hours without sleeping to find reason of the memory problem like this guy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0_3RVcN_A tongue

so I really wonder, how's it going. Did you verify/confirm this bug? any news?
Posted By: Dico

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/23/14 13:20

what about using level_load with load game (temporary solution)

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/23/14 13:50

my workaround is just set terrain_chunk=0; it's work fine for me, because i use a7. so i don't need an update. (thank god) i am just curious...

imo level_load can't be solution in some circumstances and in commercial game. f.i. with large level, ent_next command etc. But thank you anyway.

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/24/14 07:36

The problem is indeed caused by loading, and unrelated to the wrong nexus display. This will be fixed in the next update.

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/24/14 13:43

Thanks!

As i said my workaround works fine on A7. But i'm worried about that; "this problem may cause other problems?"
Is there anything else I should know? I can not take advantage of update, you know i'm not A8 user.

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/25/14 11:59

As far as I know, it will not cause other problems. The additional nexus will be released when the level is changed.

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 04/25/14 15:45

Awesome! Thanks!
Posted By: WINBERRY

Re: Terrain&game_load&nexus (strange bug) - 05/01/14 16:55

I'm having the same issue with NEXUS, but I am unsure which update you are speaking about, I am using A8 SED 8.10.3...

my question is, as MEMORY/ NEX increases, will it crash at some limit?
I have tried setting the compatabilty = 13 and terran_chunck = 0, but not luck

thanks
© 2024 lite-C Forums