No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial

Posted By: RedPhoenix

No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial - 05/23/10 13:19

I use A7.84 commercial.

Before (I upgraded a few days ago) I used A7.82.

All my multiplayer codes worked in that version.

All tests were done with deactivated firewall. There were no system changes since the upgrade.

Since I upgraded to A7.84 multiplayer clients fail to join a server correctly. The client starts and it says he joins the server (in the engine startup screen) but then after about two seconds the client quits. This also happens with the multiplayer samples from the samples folder (eg. pong_multiplayer.c). Neither development nor published versions work. With some simple debugging I found out so far, that there is no join event proceeded on the server when the client connects. The problems occur for lan or internet connections, it doesn't matter whether the programmes run on several or on the same Pc.
Posted By: Spirit

Re: No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial - 05/23/10 15:00

Maybe, this helps:

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=324592#Post324592
Posted By: RedPhoenix

Re: No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial - 05/23/10 16:32

The point is, that my problem doesn't affect only a special programme, but all multiplayer programmes I have access to including the official conitec sample.

@community

If you have A7.84, could you please do a quick test on your pc with the pong_multiplayer.c in the samples folder. Please test with the command line command -sv -cl and -cl (you can do the test with both server and client on the same pc) whether the sample works for you or not.
Posted By: Quad

Re: No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial - 05/23/10 17:34

yes, it is not working, client shuts down after a couple of seconds. 7.84.3
Posted By: jcl

Re: No Multiplayer in A7.84 commercial - 05/24/10 11:01

Yes, that's a bug. The -cl command line option is not interpreted correctly, causing a wrong client name to be sent. This will be fixed in an update soon.
© 2024 lite-C Forums