Digital Signal Processing Introduction

Posted By: MatPed

Digital Signal Processing Introduction - 04/26/15 13:44

Hi,
I have started reading Signal Analysis, Filters and Trading Strategies – By John Ehlers but I found it too much advanced and I do not understand most of the statements even in the first chapters. I have already found some basic material, but does anybod have any recommendation for a DSP for dummy, book?

Thank You
Posted By: boatman

Re: Digital Signal Processing Introduction - 04/27/15 01:50

Ehlers tends to brush over most of the DSP theory and in general focuses on applications to trading. But I do think the theory he does present is enough. I don't think you need to do a DSP course to understand and use the concepts he presents. I started doing a DSP course via coursera.org, but quickly realised that it is not necessary to have that level of detailed knowledge in order to use DSP techniques in your trading. If you post specific questions about what you don't understand, I might be able to help.

Re: Digital Signal Processing Introduction - 04/27/15 09:42

thank you, but I am stuck at page 11 at the first belly shaped pic! I really do not have any idea of dsp.
I have downloaded SIGNAL PROCESSING FOR COMMUNICATIONS Paolo Prandoni and Martin Vetterli too. I guess was the text book of your course. Could that be useful? Can you recommend a chapters selection that makes sense to be studied?

Thank you for your help in advance
Posted By: boatman

Re: Digital Signal Processing Introduction - 04/27/15 23:07

What is the Ehlers document you are referencing? I can't seem to find anything by that title. If its a PDF, can you share it here?

Re: Digital Signal Processing Introduction - 04/28/15 08:58

I guess so, I found the books on Internet, links attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8emli89302smr1/John%20Ehlers%20-%20Signal%20Analysis%2C%20Filters%20And%20Trading%20Strategies.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1t5h59cp9fttpfb/sp4comm_corrected.pdf?dl=0
© 2024 lite-C Forums