Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop!

Posted By: DdlV

Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/01/17 00:42

Hi jcl. Not sure if this belongs in this section, the Broker section, or elsewhere. 1.60 Z12 trading at FXCM. This week Z12 did a partial sell. The new (remaining) trade ID is listed in TS, but does not have a (broker) Stop set. Is this as expected?

Thanks.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/02/17 11:11

That depends on how brokers handle partial trades. FXCM replaces the old trade with a new one with the remaining lots and possibly no stop. Other brokers might handle this in a different way.

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/02/17 15:56

Thanks jcl. But... Shouldn't Zorro check this? I.e., if the broker hasn't carried the stop from the old trade forward to the new trade shouldn't Zorro add it back?

Thanks.

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/02/17 16:47

I don't know if there is an API function for reading stops. But you can switch off partial closes if this is worrying you.

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/02/17 17:55

I prefer to run Zorro, like most software, as "vanilla" as possible. I tend to agree it's not a huge problem, but it is a hole...

Actually, in thinking it a bit more, since Zorro picks up the new Trade ID for the remaining lots, it could just set the Stop to the same value as the old trade so it's correct regardless of what the broker does - no reading required.

Thanks.

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/05/17 10:05

This is indeed possible. I've made a notice to check this for a future version.

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/05/17 14:20

Thanks!
Posted By: MIGI

Re: Z12 (only?) Partial Sell -> No Broker Stop! - 10/05/17 18:09

Originally Posted By: jcl
That depends on how brokers handle partial trades. FXCM replaces the old trade with a new one with the remaining lots and possibly no stop. Other brokers might handle this in a different way.

Only the OrderLots() are reduced and OrderTicket() gets a new ticket number. OrderStopLoss() and OrderTakeProfit() are not modified.
© 2024 lite-C Forums