ZorroS Z12 skipping very valid Trades

Posted By: alpha_Johnny

ZorroS Z12 skipping very valid Trades - 07/21/16 06:55

As is visible in the screenshot. FXCM demo account provided 50k. I first let Zorro run with default settings. Here Zorro used only $100 but successfully made $373 with it. Hence the demo balance of 50373.

Then I wanted to start my account with $2800. This was the amount recommended by Z12 strategy test run.

I therefore configured the MMAX variable to 50000 (balance of demo account) and tried to run it and see what happens. For a while I noticed no Trades, so I upped the Risk to 20. Then I started seeing the messages of "Zorro Skipped" and Zorro is not making any trades.

Attached picture Zorro Missing Trades.PNG
Posted By: jcl

Re: ZorroS Z12 skipping very valid Trades - 07/21/16 09:07

The trade might be very valid, but not very wise. You have only 50,000 on your account and risk 800,000 per trade. The Z systems use the MARGINLIMIT flag for preventing beginners from crashing their accounts this way.

The trading messages are described here: http://manual.zorro-project.com/trading.htm
Posted By: alpha_Johnny

Re: ZorroS Z12 skipping very valid Trades - 07/21/16 12:29

Thank you for making it dummy proof! I reduced the margin slider to less than 50% of account balance and trades started working.

Attached picture Zorro Working on right Margin.PNG
© 2024 lite-C Forums