publish / resource

Posted By: FBL

publish / resource - 06/24/15 15:45

- Is it possible to exclude a certain folder from resourcing via options.scr? I know this can be done for file extensions, but this is not always enough (e.g. .ogg files might be both played via snd_... and media_..., later one cannot use resourced files). This way, a "media" folder could be excluded, making things clean and easy (I'm aware of the "_" filename method, but I think it is not bullet proof for every use).

- Is it possible to prevent WED from searching for files in subfolders which are not even referenced in WDL PATH or Lite-C #PRAGMA_PATH statements? I tried renaming the folder, and the files were still resourced

- are there any command line optins to prevent WED from showing popup warnings when a file for resourcing cannot be found? (the miss of that file might be intended, e.g. when used by media_... instructions). This would help to have an fully automated build script.
Posted By: jcl

Re: publish / resource - 06/25/15 16:28

There is no specific option for excluding a folder, except of just not including it in the path. WED resources only the files that are used in the level or in the script. Files not needed are not resourced.

When a file intentionally must not be resourced, but is used in the script, it can be excluded via extension or file name. If it is needed and not excluded, WED will produce a warning when the file is not found. I know no way to disable the warning.
Posted By: FBL

Re: publish / resource - 06/25/15 20:21

Thanks.
Seems like I should have this moved to future requests wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums