OOP in lite-c

Posted By: boyax

OOP in lite-c - 05/18/09 16:13

Hi,

Just a tip in my mind... Hope lite-c would follow/support object-oriented programming paradigm. smile

I think that would be a much work for the engine.. just a suggestion though..

Cheers
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/18/09 19:22

maybe you should look at C++, OOP is not a "C" thing...it is pretty much what separates C and C++.
Posted By: Enduriel

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/18/09 21:37

hmm :P what about lite-C# ^^
Posted By: Nowherebrain

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/21/09 09:41

I'm not sure, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy in these matters. Any one else know?
Posted By: bstudio

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/21/09 10:18

Originally Posted By: Nowherebrain
maybe you should look at C++, OOP is not a "C" thing...it is pretty much what separates C and C++.

Well, you have Objective-C which is an object oriented paradigm of c, but it isn't usable with C. You can do a sort of fake OO with lite-C though.
Posted By: slacer

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/21/09 11:25

Well, there is no inheritance, no interfaces, no abstract classes. It does not make sense to fake this, because it would be just more complicated to maintain the source codes.

- Information hiding is not possible
- you can not even create modules and link them.
- One has to "include" .c files instead of linking compiled object files.
- no modules, means that there is no file based scope for global variables.

I am missing some basic features here.

DLL creation is listed in the forecast, but it is not in development. At least there is no progress shown for this feature.

-- slacer
Posted By: Joozey

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/22/09 11:26

It's also promised that lite-c get classes, but that has been for a long time already.
Posted By: FBL

Re: OOP in lite-c - 05/22/09 13:44

I doubt that those classes will offer advanced OOP features.

Still having structs which can contain member functions would be nice.
There is btw a way to fake this.
You need void* pointers in your struct to store functions and since mystruct.functioncall() will not work, you'll need some external function pointers which you set to the void* pointer of your struct directly before usage...
© 2024 lite-C Forums