Just a thought

Posted By: Yu_Une

Just a thought - 11/03/08 06:20

Hi,

This is just a thought, I'm wondering if Conitec will make a Linux version of 3Dgame studio, as you can guess that I'm no longer on windows.
Posted By: Stromausfall

Re: Just a thought - 11/03/08 06:52

I don't think that spending $$$$$ on developing 3dgs for a system that's used only by 0X% of all gamers would be rewarding.
I'm for letting 3dgs stay Windows only - but that as bug-free and as reliable as it is now.

Cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Just a thought - 11/03/08 07:19

*lol*
Quote:
...that as bug-free and as reliable as it is now.

Did you ever seriously tried to make a more complex game with GS?

@Yu_Une: I'm not shure but with lite-c and OpenGL maybe you can compile a linux version?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Just a thought - 11/03/08 07:56

Originally Posted By: mercuryus

@Yu_Une: I'm not shure but with lite-c and OpenGL maybe you can compile a linux version?

yea if someone writes a lite-c compiler for linux.
Posted By: Yu_Une

Re: Just a thought - 11/24/08 08:51

whistleYou intrigue me Stromausfall, sorry to say your data is flawed, with respect Mandriva there's over 50k Ubuntu over 700k, besides it's up to Conitec if they want to or not.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Just a thought - 11/24/08 12:03

but virtually no computer gamers would be without Windows. yes, there are lots of Linux users, but any of them serious about games either have a game console or a Windows PC.

julz
Posted By: FBL

Re: Just a thought - 11/24/08 12:57

If there's a project going on with A7 that has a publisher who wants the game to be capable of running on Linux and if they spend the money, Conitec will do a port.

Same goes for console adaptations - they said this multiple times.
No project to show off, no publisher willing to spend the money for development --> no development for a different platform.

Check out this thread as well:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=46113&page=5
© 2024 lite-C Forums