VPS and rebooting after Windows Update while running a system

Posted By: HamSelv

VPS and rebooting after Windows Update while running a system - 08/23/18 16:23

Hi all.
I'm just starting out and I'm about to order my first VPS. I want to run the Z12 system. Before ordering the VPS I want to be sure the VPS is good enough. The VPS provider I have found recommend installing Windows Updates at least once a month. This means that I also have to reboot the VPS once a month. I'm worried because Zorro stops running while the VPS reboots. The provider is selling VPSs for forex trading. Other people I have talked to say that I should not reboot my VPS at all. Windows Updates make good sense to me because of increased security. What do you do? Anyone who has been using a VPS for a long time with good (or bad) experience? Should I find another VPS provider? Thanks!
Regards
smile
Posted By: Jason_Rogers

Re: VPS and rebooting after Windows Update while running a system - 08/24/18 13:36

Hi HamSelv,
FX Colo and BeeksFX are good options if you're going to be FX trading. There is no need to restart your virtual machine and they offer ~2.5gb memory and 100gb disk space. FXCM uses these providers, see here for more information: https://www.fxcm.com/uk/platforms/metatrader-4/mt4-vps/
just remember that trading when FX/CFDs losses can exceed deposits.
-FXCM support
Posted By: dmac

Re: VPS and rebooting after Windows Update while running a system - 08/24/18 23:58

I update and reboot my live VPS every weekend. I just stop zorro, leave trades open, patch, reboot and restart MT4 & zorro. Never had any issues.
Posted By: HamSelv

Re: VPS and rebooting after Windows Update while running a system - 08/27/18 18:04

Thanks for your help :-)
© 2024 lite-C Forums