New To Zorro: Errors with IB

Posted By: wbluff772

New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/05/18 19:29

Hi All. Just discovered Zorro today and would love to play with it. Made an IB trial account to test Zorro out with Paper Trading.

My issue:

OptionsSimple compiling.................
Login 0 IB (demo)..
!IB Socket connected at UTC 07-05 19:15
!Account DU1113475
!Requested market data is not subscribed.Delayed market data is available.Error&BEST/STK/Top&BEST/STK/Top SPY-STK--0--SMART--USD
Error 053: SPY unavailable at this time
Error 055: No bars generated
Logout.. ok

So with the "Requested market data is not subscribed" issue, I have googled it and tried multiple things.

1. Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients (in API settings)
2. Set socket port to 7496 (in API settings)
3. Do not prompt for market data subscriptions (in ticker row settings)

Anyone know why this is occurring? I followed the tutorial on Zorro as well suggesting to put any number from 101-108 as the user, and no password. Looking forward to experimenting with this awesome program laugh
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/05/18 19:57

The manual is your friend! laugh

Read this:
http://zorro-project.com/manual/en/ib.htm

Re: New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/05/18 20:16

Hi, yes I checked that exact page out in the manual and followed the steps and that got me to where I'm currently at! I'll re-look it over though.

Re: New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/05/18 20:22

I believe the issue is that you need to have an active paid subscription for market data unfortunately. I'm not reading any information about doing this with a demo account and using delayed data sadly, however that's what I'd like to do. If anyone knows of any good platforms I can use entirely for free with a paper account and zorro for testing, please reply!
Posted By: firecrest

Re: New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/07/18 09:22

Maybe you can try https://www.quantopian.com/.
Posted By: jcl

Re: New To Zorro: Errors with IB - 07/10/18 13:09

You can trade SPY with no paid subscription, but you need a paid subscription for getting SPY prices. Otherwise you have to get them from another source.
© 2024 lite-C Forums