Basic Zorro Questions

Posted By: cansel

Basic Zorro Questions - 04/28/18 05:50

I just started playing with Zorro and am hoping someone can help me with a few questions. I opened a demo account at Oanda, selected the Z1 strategy and clicked trade. Zorro began giving various errors about non-tradeable instruments (e.g. "! ... invalid instrument ...")

From what I've read Zorro uses assetsFix.csv to determine what assets are available for trading. I renamed assetsOanda.csv to assetsFix.csv attempting to alleviate some errors, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

- I'm not clear as to why asset*.csv files are necessary, or how they're curated?

- Are asset files updated with each Zorro release? Do I need to build my own for each broker and/or strategy?

- Zorro allows a single asset type to be selected in the UI. Can a strategy only trade a single asset? How does the asset selected in the UI relate to the asset*.csv files?

- Why not just download the list of tradeable assets from the Oanda V2 API at the start of the trading session?

- Also, is the Zorro source code available for download?

Thanks
Posted By: jcl

Re: Basic Zorro Questions - 05/03/18 11:20

I can at least answer the first question:

Every broker has different asset names and properties, so you need to adapt your script to them. That you do with selecting the right asset list, and/or editing the asset names and possibly other parameters. Details in the manual: http://manual.zorro-project.com/account.htm
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: Basic Zorro Questions - 05/03/18 14:13

Let's see if I can answer some of the other questions:

#3 - A strategy can trade an entire portfolio! Consider doing the Lite-C strategy workshop in the manual.

#4 - You don't want this. You would know why once you do the workshop.

#5 - No. But some of its miscellaneous components are open-source, such as the headers and some of the 3rd party broker plugins.
© 2024 lite-C Forums