Data handling

Posted By: Zheka

Data handling - 10/10/17 13:20

JCL,
1. Say, I have a *.t6 data file and find that several days of data are missing in the middle of it. How can I re-download only those days from the broker server?
2. If I download data from the broker with AssetHistory(), will the existing data be all overwritten or only the gaps filled?

Thank you.
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Data handling - 10/10/17 15:31

Hi Zheka,

Re. 2, I believe the answer from prior threads is neither. Only more recent data (if any) is added to the file. Older data is not re-processed in any way. If that is needed, the recommendation has been to delete the file & start over from scratch. I.e., using bandwidth is better than a more complicated, or manual, solution.

HTH.

Re: Data handling - 10/10/17 16:53

Thanks, DdlV.
Is there a simple way to modify a *.t6 record in the past?
PriceSet() works with offset, not with a date/time..
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Data handling - 10/11/17 03:30

Sorry - can't help with that one - haven't faced it yet...
Posted By: jcl

Re: Data handling - 10/11/17 15:52

Ddlv's description is correct. Gaps or other errors are not automatically fixed by more loading. If you don't want to patch the file by code, delete it and load it again.

Re: Data handling - 10/11/17 16:13

That was my question:
Is there a simple way to modify a *.t6 record in the past?
PriceSet() works with offset, not with a date/time.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Data handling - 10/11/17 16:24

The general way would be opening it with dataLoad, copying it into a larger dataset while filling the gaps, then saving it again.

Re: Data handling - 10/11/17 17:05

Would it work to just add records and then sort?
A function like PriceQuote() but with all the fields of *.t6 record would also be quite helpful.
© 2024 lite-C Forums