Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo?

Posted By: sqirtle

Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/23/17 19:08

Hello!
I am trying to test my strategy on OANDA demo account. I see, that the order appears in the logs but not placed on the account. P&L is 0, the order is not shown in the OANDA account history.
In the manual, this behaviour described as the phantom mode, but not as a demo one.
Is it a bug, a feature, or am I doing something wrong?
If it is a feature, how can I make a dry-run of my strategy with a real broker except using demo account?
Screenshot of the described behaviour: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh9chdejrmy40w1/zorro-zero.tiff?dl=0
Posted By: jrath

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/24/17 01:20

It looks from that screen shot like no trade has been done. Can you post the order from the log file ?

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/24/17 08:08

Yes, the log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu9nf5tsjf8rta6/TradeTestdemo.log?dl=0
Looks the same - like the trade is done, but P&L is 0

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/24/17 11:18

Morning I had a quick look and can't see much. At the end of your log file there is an error message for when Zorro tries to close a trade that it can't. I tried to run the same script on my Oanda demo, and everything looked the same as you, but its a weekend here frown so it would not be able to book a trade in any event. I don' think that script it booking trades but i will try again after the weekend is over. -J

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/24/17 17:02

Thank you. Actually, the described behaviour of my attempts on Friday and Thursday.

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/26/17 00:09

Hiya, I gave the script a try on an open Oanda demo market and it seemed to work fine. Note I had to click the 'Auto Off' button and turn it to 'Auto On' to get trades happening. In your screen shot it shows as 'Auto Off'. The trades showed up in my demo Oanda. I also clicked the 'Buy Long' button and this did as expected and opened a new trade. Buy Short closed it. J

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/26/17 17:30

Unfortunately, it did not help. I even tried to use another strategy to open trades, another server (but with the same OS - WS2012R2) and another OANDA test account. Nothing has helped - trades open in logs, but not open in fact and P&L is 0.
Can you attach a screenshot of your behaviour? Maybe you're trying on the commercial version Zorro S?
Any other suggestions?

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/27/17 02:03

I will post screen shot tomorrow. One quick question first can you go onto onanda and open a trade manually ? ie make sure the account really can trade.

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/28/17 00:51

As requested.

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: jcl

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 06/28/17 17:14

What exactly is the problem? The screenshot looks fine. I can also see that Oanda confirmed opening the trade. Do you not see the trade in the Oanda desktop platform?

Re: Zorro 1.58 trades in phantom mode instead of demo? - 07/17/17 16:36

I've finally found a solution. Lot amount is set wrong in the default file AssetsOanda.CSV
It should be set to 1000 (not 1!), after that everything works fine.
© 2024 lite-C Forums