How do you check your script is correct?

Posted By: Sinuhet

How do you check your script is correct? - 03/19/17 14:51

Well with this question I do not mean the validation within the SED script editor. I am about to translate some 1000 rows of code from EasyLanguage into lite-C. I need to be sure it does what it should do without any logical errors. Now correct me if I am wrong, but Zorro generates only one static chart with no possibility of zooming in/out and no possibility of market reply/playback.
I am used from Multichart, when I validate changes of a script in the code editor, such changes are immediately visible on an open chart where this script is applied. Further I can define with a playback on what bar of the chart I want to be exactly and if needed I can see bar by bar how my script is applied on the chart (changes in indicators, buy/sell signals etc.). This helps me to verify my script does what I want.
But how do you guys check if your Zorro script has no logical errors when you get just one static chart image?

As an example you can see this video. As you can see I need to be sure zorro removes some already plotted objects correctly and/or for example extends a trendline every bar until certain condition is met. I do not see how I can visually verify these processes in Zoro, do you?

For me this is a fundamental issue to be able to visually control my script works correctly. Otherwise I have a black box...

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Sinuhet
Posted By: Veli

Re: How do you check your script is correct? - 03/20/17 12:36

Hi Sinuhet! laugh

There are some Zorro commands to make the chart more readable.
I prefer using the logs for debugging. It helps to set the LOGFILE flag for this purpose.
Code:
set(LOGFILE);

I'm sure there are many ways of parsing the results in charts with lots of different tools laugh

Have a nice day

Veli
Posted By: mig

Re: How do you check your script is correct? - 03/20/17 14:09

Hi, and definitely use the STEPWISE command...

set(STEPWISE);

check the manual: http://zorro-project.com/manual/en/mode.htm

So you can skip from bar to bar or from trade to trade....so you can see exactly when Zorro trades and at what levels etc.
Cheers
Michael
© 2024 lite-C Forums