Any possibility of using Python and Zorro together?

Posted By: Repilado

Any possibility of using Python and Zorro together? - 11/10/16 12:16

Hi everyone,

I am new as a Zorro user and I would like to know if there is any possibility of taking the advantages of Python using with Zorro for trading. Like R is used throug a bridge with Zorro.

In case there is not a bridge connection for Python like in R (I suppose to), it could be possible to use python through bridges connection with R like "rPyhton"?. Has anyone tried it?

In my case I would like to use the strengths of both languages.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: jcl

Re: Any possibility of using Python and Zorro together? - 11/10/16 13:45

The strengths of Python are the simple language syntax and easy integration of libraries. Since most of those libraries are also available in R, there was no real demand for a Python bridge so far. When this changes, we'll provide a bridge.

Using "rPython" could theoretically also work, but two bridges connected together would be an awkward construction.
Posted By: Repilado

Re: Any possibility of using Python and Zorro together? - 11/10/16 16:29

Ok, thanks jcl!
Posted By: gtell

Re: Any possibility of using Python and Zorro together? - 11/15/16 06:52

Originally Posted By: jcl
The strengths of Python are the simple language syntax and easy integration of libraries. Since most of those libraries are also available in R, there was no real demand for a Python bridge so far. When this changes, we'll provide a bridge.

Using "rPython" could theoretically also work, but two bridges connected together would be an awkward construction.

I agree with you, R is great!
But suppose I have my own C++ program that does some machine learning stuff. How may I use it with Zorro?
Is there any possibility with scripting?
© 2024 lite-C Forums