Latest Zorro "known to work"?

Posted By: Taha

Latest Zorro "known to work"? - 07/16/16 04:24

Hi,

I don't know if most of the "traffic" here is from people who have Zorro S and other versions, but I am not having luck with the latest free download. My FXCM and Oanda demos most definitely do not connect (I suspect FXCM has disabled API access, not sure what is going on with Oanda because they officially support demo API), and TWS connects but none of the strategies seem to trade, they report errors here and there, I have of course downloaded the data files. The only "strategy" that works is the manual one, where you click "Buy" etc in a GUI. Is there a "known good" demo I can try my luck with? And I was getting confused about Oanda support, is Oanda ready to go in the free version, or does it need bridges and whatever?
Thanks!
Posted By: boatman

Re: Latest Zorro "known to work"? - 07/17/16 00:25

Personally I use Zorro S, but I am currently helping some people learn to use Zorro and they are using the free version. They are able to connect to their FXCM demo accounts and trade via the API. At least this was the case on Thursday-Friday last week. We haven't tested Oanda yet, but will do so probably this week.

Also, you will get an error if you try to connect during the weekend.
Posted By: gtell

Re: Latest Zorro "known to work"? - 07/29/16 11:39

Hi, I have just installed Zorro in Windows 10 a couple of days back and it works with my FXCM demo account. Sometimes it gives me the message it can't connect but, if I just retry it connects. Please mind that if you are using a demo account that starts with D, you need to remove it nd use only numbers in your account.
I have also installed in Ubuntu 12.04 and it does not work.
Posted By: Sphin

Re: Latest Zorro "known to work"? - 07/29/16 17:42

Quote:
Please mind that if you are using a demo account that starts with D, you need to remove it nd use only numbers in your account

Not in my Zorro, it works with the leading D.
© 2024 lite-C Forums