Zorro 1.22 released!

Posted By: jcl

Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/11/14 12:27

Zorro version 1.22 is now available for public testing:

http://server.conitec.net/down/Zorro_setup.exe

A description of the new features can be found here:

http://manual.zorro-trader.com/new.htm

Please also read the part about updating your system. All known bugs of the previous versions have been fixed.

For trading with multiple accounts and multiple instances with the free Zorro version, the new multisession plugin can be subscribed on the Download page. This plugin is not required for Zorro S.
Posted By: tvas

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/15/14 06:15

After I installed 1.22 I can no longer get Zorro to work with MT4. I have extracted the files from ZorroMT4.zip into the corresponding directories of the MT4 installation. As I have build 625 I have put Zorro.mq4 into AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/<MT4ID>/MQL4/Experts end the library files ZorroMT4.ex4 and ZorroMT4.dll into AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/<MT4ID>/MQL4/Libraries. I even placed the files into the old MT4 folder structure for the case Zorro would need them updated there too. When I start MT4 and attach the Zorro EA to the chart it shows the message "Controlled by Zorro Bridge 1.3". Then I start the Zorro client and when I click on "Trade" it shows following messages:
Z1(oP group)..
Login MT4 (Demo only)..
Broker: Can't open MT4 bridge!
Check Zorro EA and account number 1405137
Can't connect!

The account number is correct and I don't have any idea why it doesn't connect to the EA.
Posted By: Thirstywolf

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/15/14 06:55

I have an issue where Everything appears correct (Controlled By Zorro Bridge etc), but the trades opened in Zorro are actually not executed in MT4. As I have only just gone live with this new version of Zorro, cannot be sure it is related to the new version. Was thinking of trying different strategies to test it more thoroughly, but not quite there yet.
Posted By: Thirstywolf

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/15/14 16:09

OK, Z3 works for me now with 1.22, Just not Z4 Z5, and have other issues with Z1, Z2 and Z12 related to assets. So 1.22 seems to be working with Mt4 from my perspective tvas.
Posted By: tvas

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/15/14 19:09

I cannot get it to work - it brings the same error frown
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/16/14 02:30

Hi jcl. I was fooling with the ReverseAtStop script with different Assets and BarPeriods and got what looks a bit like a bug - please run this with XAU/USD and look at 2013-04-15. Is it correct? Other BarPeriods & Assets don't do this... Thanks.

Code:
// TMF that opens an opposite trade when stopped out,
// and opens a new trade when profit target is reached (Zorro 1.22 and above)
int ReverseAtStop()
{
	printf("#\nTick-price=%.8f",priceClose());
  if(TradeIsStop) { // stop loss hit?
    if(TradeIsShort)
      enterLong(ReverseAtStop); // enter opposite trade
    else 
      enterShort(ReverseAtStop);
  }
  if(TradeIsProfit) { // profit target hit?
    if(TradeIsShort)
      enterShort(ReverseAtStop); // enter same trade again
    else 
      enterLong(ReverseAtStop);
  }
// call the TMF at stop loss / profit target only  
  return 16;
}

function run()
{
	set(LOGFILE);
	set(PLOTNOW);
  set(TICKS);  // normally needed for TMF
  Weekend = 3; // don't run TMF at weekend
	BarPeriod	= 1440;
  Stop = 10000*PIP;
  TakeProfit = 10000*PIP;
  if(Bar == LookBack) // enter the first trade directly at the first bar
    enterLong(ReverseAtStop);
}

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/16/14 08:16

tvas: You can find under "Remarks" a list of possible MT4 issues that you can check step by step. For instance, maybe your MT4 thinks that your account is a real account, not a demo account. The remarks cover all known issues of the different MT4 versions.

DdlV: Thanks, I'll check your script.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/17/14 06:46

The strange XAU/USD trading in 2013-4-15 was indeed caused by a bug when opening trades directly in the TMF. We've uploaded a fixed version:

http://server.conitec.net/down/Zorro_setup.exe

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/17/14 13:09

Thanks!

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/17/14 15:53

Hi jcl. Another Performance Chart issue: In Test, Long and Short opens on the same bar in the log are being shown on different bars in the chart. For example, if bar 72 opens both a Long and a Short, the Long is shown as opening on bar 73, which I understand from prior threads is correct, but the Short is shown opening on bar 72, which is incorrect, isn't it?

Thanks.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/17/14 16:57

Can you explain in a little more detail how you got those wrong bars, possibly with a script example?

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/18/14 17:28

Hi jcl. I have been unable to duplicate the exact thing I was seeing before. That was on 1.22.0, and I'm now testing 1.22.1. On 1.22.1 please run this script for EUR/USD and look at 06-01 when Longs and a Short are entered. I'm seeing opens shown on the same Bar as in the log, except for Short Entry Limit - those trades are being shown opening on the next Bar. Unless the trade is opened via the tmf - in that case it's on the same Bar as in the log.

Code:
int tmf(var Price) {
	return 0;
}

// helper function for finding trades at a grid line
bool findTrade(var Price,var Grid,bool IsShort) {
  for(open_trades)
    if((TradeIsShort == IsShort)
      and between(TradeEntryLimit,Price-Grid/2,Price+Grid/2))
        return true;
  return false;
}

function run() {
	set(LOGFILE);
	set(PLOTNOW);
//	set(TICKS);
  BarPeriod = 1440;
  StartDate	= 20140101;
	EndDate	= 20140114;
  Hedge = 2; 
  EntryTime = 50;
	Trail			= 1000*PIP;
	TrailLock	= 90;
  var Price;
  var Grid = 10*PIP; // grid spacing
  var Current = priceClose();
// place pending trades at 5 grid lines  
// above and below the current price
	if (Bar>=LookBack) {
  for(Price = Current-5*Grid; Price <= Current+5*Grid; Price += Grid) {
    if(Price <= Current and !findTrade(Price,Grid,true)) {
    	Stop = 10000*PIP;
//		enterLong(tmf,-Price);
		enterLong(0,Price);
      }
    else if(Price > Current and !findTrade(Price,Grid,false)) {
    	Stop = 100*PIP;
//		enterShort(tmf,-Price);
		enterShort(0,-Price);
      }
	}
  }
}

Posted By: Sundance

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/20/14 09:35

Hi JCL,

do you think that it makes sense to change to 1.22 considering Z12 (and its recent DD) ? If you advice me to change I guess I let the Z12 trades stay open as stated in the manual.

Thanks in advance
Sundance

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/21/14 07:44

Yes, change to the new version.
Posted By: Sundance

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/21/14 08:22

Thanks jcl. Did it and watching things go...

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/21/14 12:42

Hi jcl. Are you saying that 1.22.2 is out of public beta/testing and ready to be our Production version now?

Thanks.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/23/14 12:21

Yes, 1.22.2 is the release version.
Posted By: Mangal

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/24/14 22:11

For those who are running Z5 your advise is to let the open trades close and then start to operate with this new version. In my case there are 11 trades open: 7 in the middle range of the chart and 2 on the upper side (like brekaout strategy) and 2 more on the down side. I understand that setting the margin to 0 disalows any new trades.

Common sense says that the 7 open trades in the middle of the chart they will be closed at some time, but the 2 uper or the 2 down, it may take some time for them to get close.

If we want to start runnig the new version 1.22 after closing the 7 open trades, is it possible to leave running simultaneously the old version meanwhile closes the 4 remaining trades? If so, is it possible to do it in the same VPS or a new VPS should be taken?

I have the S version of Zorro.

Posted By: Sphin

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/24/14 22:30

I have exactly this configuration running in one VE, 1.20 S with the old Z5 and margin=0, and the 1.22 S with the new Z5 on one account.
BTW for FXCM-User: I've learned that you must first apply for a Multisession-Login with a form, otherwise you cannot login with 2 Zorro instances to one account.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/25/14 11:55

Install the new Zorro in a different folder on the VPS, and indeed, make sure that your broker account allows multiple sessions. You can then run both Zorros in parallel as long as you want. Closing trades can take several months with Z5.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/25/14 12:32

Hi jcl. 2 questions:

a) Is there an easy way to have the 2 Zorros installed in different folders update the same trades.csv so all the account's trades are in 1 file?

b) Once Margin has been set to 0 on the old Zorro, can the new Zorro run with the Margin setting that produces the same, original CR? Or does the new Zorro need to start with a lower Margin (how low?), which can then be stepped up to the equivalent Margin as the old trades close?

Thanks.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/30/14 04:31

Hi jcl. I'm planning to transition to 1.22.2 over the coming weekend - do you have any thoughts on the questions above? (For Z5...)

Thanks.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/30/14 07:45

A Zorro can't write into the folders of another Zorro, but you can add the .csv files by appending one to the end of another one. You can either do that manually or write a small Zorro script for this.

The new Zorro can just continue with the margin of the old Zorro.

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 04/30/14 13:52

Thanks. Re. the trades.csv's, I'll manually combine & resort them - thia extra step shouldn't be needed that often...
Posted By: Mangal

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 06/04/14 14:46

Thank you to both you.

One situation is popping up with the multisession is that the window of zorro 1.20 got squezed and no way to open it full. It is so small that doesn't show anyhting of what is going on. Both windows, 1.22 and 1.20 were working fine for a few weeks but sudenly the window 1.20 got like this. Hopefully keeps tracking its traces. Would you recomen to close it and open a new 1.20 window?

Re: Zorro 1.22 released! - 06/04/14 18:35

Normally not - the squeezed window does not matter for trading. But you should still check the reason. Zorro does not squeeze its own window, so some other program on your PC could be responsible for that, maybe some desktop service that arranges windows or something like that.
© 2024 lite-C Forums