Linux version?

Posted By: DdlV

Linux version? - 01/26/16 17:43

Hi jcl. How difficult would it be to make Zorro multi-OS?

Specifically re. Linux, I know there has been some discussion in the past re. Wine, and I run Zorro now in a VirtualBox, but of course a native solution would be preferred.

Is multi-OS on (or can it be on laugh ) your roadmap?

Thanks.
Posted By: Sphin

Re: Linux version? - 01/26/16 18:26

I guess the problem is a Lite-C-Compiler for Linux, is there any?
Posted By: jcl

Re: Linux version? - 01/27/16 10:03

No, the lite-C compiler would probably also work under Linux. But Zorro uses many Windows API and MFC functions, and they would be cumbersome to convert to Linux. When some client pays us a lot of money for that, we could do it - otherwise I'm afraid it will stay a Windows program.
Posted By: DdlV

Re: Linux version? - 01/27/16 15:37

Thanks for the info, jcl. I just thought in today's world of multi-destination development environments it might by now be easy to do... (For the Mac users too... laugh ) There seem to be quite a number of systems available across some or all OS's...

Thanks.
Posted By: Veratyr

Re: Linux version? - 02/04/16 21:57

It'd be interesting to see a Qt port. Aside from the cross platform benefits, there tends to be a much larger population of developers on Mac and Linux who could contribute things like broker plugins. Plus, as someone working on a broker plugin right now, developing anything for Windows is pure hell. Implementing the functionality required for my broker took me ~an hour on my Mac (in Python however). Meanwhile, 4 days into writing the Windows DLL I've barely got the dependencies I need installed.
Posted By: Veratyr

Re: Linux version? - 03/08/16 20:09

In case anyone's interested, I've found that Zorro and MT4 work beautifully under Wine. I'm ditching my Windows VPS in favor of this.
Posted By: boatman

Re: Linux version? - 03/08/16 22:39

Thanks for the tip, Veratyr. I'm going to look into this more too.
© 2024 lite-C Forums