IB Gateway disconnect at night

Posted By: nullantechamber

IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/01/21 10:28

I am slowly getting ready to go live with a small account with IB, but I keep encountering the same problem. Every night, the gateway program closes. I have tried to find a setting to stop this, but have been unable to locate the problem. I know this is an issue with TWS, which is why I have been doing everything through the gateway. Has anyone found a solution to keep the gateway from shutting down at night? This is problem for futures strategies that need to work through the night.
Posted By: Zheka

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/01/21 11:26

It's in the settings...If you cannot locate it/don't know how to google it - then you probably should not be trading even a small account.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/01/21 23:58

The only options listed are to 1. auto log off and 2. auto restart, I am trying to find out if there is a way to avoid either. There does not appear to be any guidance on the issue and the general consensus is just to use the restart.
Posted By: AndrewAMD

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/02/21 01:13

The only way to avoid it is to avoid IB.
Posted By: Petra

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/02/21 12:25

Auto restart will work for the disconnect at night, but in my experience the IB Gateway also shuts down completely any Sunday. It must then be manually restarted.

Re: IB Gateway disconnect at night - 04/06/21 18:09

So what i did was set the restart time during the futures market "pause" and the sunday, well I guess that is just unavoidable for now. If I find a solution, I will update thread.
© 2024 lite-C Forums